From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Gay Halloween Events in Puerto Vallarta 2024
Pack your costumes boys, the Halloween Weekend in Gay Puerto Vallarta is an affair not to be missed.
- Visiting for Halloween? Check out these top hotels in the Romantic zone close to the parade and parties! Stay at the Hotel Amaca (adults only) Charming hotel, great location, large rooms and friendly staff.
Halloween in Puerto Vallarta
- Over the past decade Halloween has become one of the more popular festivals in Puerto Vallarta. Here they celebrate “El Dia de Brujas” The Witches Day. Expect Halloween parties and lots of elaborate costumes!
- The Halloween weekend is celebrated over a series of days, normal from October 31st to November the 3rd and include The Day of the Dead Festival. The history of the event dates back to the time of the Aztecs.
- Our readers love Casa Isabel, a 4 Star boutique hotel, large rooms and beach views. 700 metres from the centre.
Around the Block party
- October 31st – Don’t miss your chance to compete in the Halloween Contest of Costumes. From 7pm to 11pm with prizes awarded at 11pm in One Six One. A total of 10,000 Pesos in prizes is up for grabs! Or come and watch all the costumes while having dinner or drinks.
- The Around the Block Partners include, Anonimo, One Six One, The Swedes and Blondies.
White Party Halloween
- Awaiting dates – White Party Halloween – Industry Night club brings the hottest DJs to Puerto Vallarta in association with the White Party. Expect a weekend of top DJs, sexy dancers and hot guys from across the globe.
Mantamar Halloween Pool Parties
- Awaiting Dates – Enjoy spooky poolside parties throughout the celebrations with the sexiest guys in Puerto Vallarta as the Mantamar hosts a weekend of Halloween circuit pool parties with guest DJs, each day from 11 am.
CC Slaughter’s Halloween Party Costume Contest
- Awaiting dates – Everyone’s favourite dance bar in Puerto Vallarta, CC Slaughter’s Halloween Party Costume Contest features a 1st prize 6000 pesos cash, 2nd prize $3000 pesos and 3rd prize $1500 pesos. The bar will host a special Show with Delta Queens and Residents.
Day of the Dead – Puerto Vallarta
- Awaiting dates – Puerto Vallarta celebration of the Day of the Dead has taken on a special significance over the past few years.
- The Guinness World Records recently awarded Puerto Vallarta the title of “The World’s Tallest Calavera Catrina“.
- A Catrina, often called La Calavera Catrina, is a striking representation of a elegantly dressed female skeleton, embodying the Mexican celebration of death as a natural and vibrant part of life during the Day of the Dead festivities. It serves as a powerful symbol of honoring and remembering deceased loved ones with a blend of art, culture, and tradition.
- Each year the Catrina gets a new outfit. Don’t miss the unveiling together with Inauguration of Altars, typically held on the Malecon in the late afternoon
- The monumental skull, which stands 75.5 feet high, becomes the artistic centerpiece of a celebration that includes the placement of altars of the dead, more than 80 giant “sugar skulls” decorated with various motifs throughout the Malecon boardwalk, and a comprehensive program of cultural activities.
November the 2nd Celebrations
- The culmination of the Day of the Dead celebrations includes the obligatory visit to the cemeteries on November 2nd each year.
- Colonia 5 de Diciembre cemetery, hosts a the celebration, where the Vallartenses come to honor their dead. The surrounding area is filled with vendors selling fresh cempasúchil (Marigold) flowers, Mexican antojitos, pan de muerto, and even live Mariachi music!
- Spoil yourself this Halloween with a luxury All Inclusive experience at some of the finest hotels in the resort district, a 15 minute taxi from downtown.
Where to stay in Puerto Vallarta?
Here are the hotels we recommend with great reviews and close to all the action:
Gay Map of Puerto Vallarta
As you can see from the map the gay bars are all within walking distance of each other, so we have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Puerto Vallarta
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Puerto Vallarta that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Almar Resort LGBT
4 Star, Luxury
- 4-star luxury, beachfront location
- Close to the gay district
- Air-conditioned, flat-screen TV
- Only gay luxury hotel on the beach in Puerto Vallarta, steps from gay bars and clubs.
Joint Boutique Hotel
- 4 Star, near Camarones Beach
- Close to the gay district
- Desk, flat-screen TV
- Modern boutique hotel with a range of amenities, ideal for both relaxation and local attractions.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, adults-only, sea view
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, air conditioning
- Perfect for adults seeking a peaceful yet close-to-nightlife experience with stunning sea views.
Shores Beach Hotel
4 Star, Location
- 4-star, on Los Muertos Beach
- Close to the gay district
- Kitchen, cable TV, balcony
- Offers spacious suites with a kitchen and beachfront views, ideal for beach lovers and partygoers.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta offers several gay-friendly neighbourhoods. The most prominent gay area in Puerto Vallarta is the Romantic Zone (also known as Old Town), the heart of the LGBTQ+ scene.
Zona Romantica | The Romantic Zone
- The Romantic Zone is located south of the Cuale River, adjacent to the downtown area of Puerto Vallarta.
- It is home to the majority of gay bars and clubs, as well as several gay-friendly eateries.
- Los Muertos Beach is the main beach in the Romantic Zone, with many beachfront restaurants.
- Take the gay bar tour of Puerto Vallarta
South of the Romantic Zone & home to the famous gay Almar hotel & condos with stunning views of the bay.
An upscale neighbourhood around a marina, offering luxury resorts, restaurants, and shopping options.