From: Thursday, October 10, 2024
To: Monday, October 14, 2024
Atlanta Gay Pride 2024
Atlanta Gay Pride is one of the most important events of its kind to take place in the Southern United States. Atlanta Gay Pride takes place at leafy (and centrally located) Piedmont Park in early to mid-October. The event is part of a month long series of events including the National Coming Out Day and the Atlanta AIDS Walk.
- Visiting for Atlanta Pride? Stay close to the gay bars in Midtown.Try the “Fabulous” 4 star, Loews Hotel Atlanta featuring a modern design, superb city views and excellent location.
Atlanta’s Pride celebration centers around a colorful series of parades, a two day party in the park spectacular and a weekend long schedule of epic circuit events, tea dances and pool parties with an average of over 300,000 visitors over the weekend.
Atlanta Pride Kick Off Party
- Friday, 11th October 2024 – Events begin with the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff Party, at the fantastic Georgia Aquarium on Friday. This is a sell out event. Following this and lasting until 3 am, there’s the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff After Party.
- The park is a 6 minute drive from the gay bars around Midtown, located close to the Olympic Park and the downtown/hotel district. Stay close to the party at the AC Hotel Downtown, offering guests a superb outdoor pool, spacious rooms and a modern design.
Atlanta Circuit Parties
- Thursday 10th October – Monday 14th October, 2024 – The “Big Ol’ Slice of Atlanta Gay Pride” is one of gay Atlanta’s biggest circuit party featuring top notch DJs from around the world and incredible events to celebrate Atlanta Gay Pride. Events are held across the city’s top gay clubs and bars.
- Thursday 10th October – Monday 14th October, 2024 – Future Atlanta is one of the busiest late night gay clubs in the city at the revamped Underground Atlanta district and hosts several large events during its Future Atlanta Pride Weekend including the Xion Afterparty.
- Sunday 13th October 2024 – The Pride Tea Dance by Alan Collins on the terrace of District, Atlanta’s top club is one of the best outdoor events during the weekend.
- Sunday 13th October 2024 – Medusa, one of Atlanta’s up-and-coming party promoters presents the Medusa Pride Tea Dance in the beautiful setting of Piedmont park.
Atlanta Pride in the Park
- Saturday – 12th October 2024 – The Pride festival includes free entertainment on the stages at the festival grounds in Piedmont Park, as well as a Pride Marketplace (usually held from 10 am until 7 pm each day) featuring some 200 vendors and organisations from the greater Atlanta LGBT community.
- Big Freedia, Flo Rida, and Betty Who have been announced as the headliners for Atlanta Pride’s free music festival in Piedmont Park.
- Other acts include Jax, Brooke Eden, Trinidad Cardona, Chrissy Chlapecka, Neriah, Nouri and Exquisite Gender.
Shooting Stars Cabaret
- Saturday – 12th October 2024 – This show gives the opportunity for up and coming drag entertainers in the Atlanta Metro area the opportunity to be showcased during the Festival.
- The Shooting Stars Cabaret, will take place late Saturday afternoon, and will feature a cast of 20-25 drag entertainers.
Atlanta Pride Parade
- Exact times and route subject to confirmation.
- Saturday – 11th October 2024 – The Atlanta Pride Committee produces three marches and the Festival Parade during the Festival Weekend, held on Saturday, departing from the Marta Civic Center Station, and ends at Piedmont Park.
- Times to be confirmed.
- Trans March – Meet Time – 1:15 pm, Step-off Time 1:45 pm
- Bi & Pan March – Meet Time – 3:00 pm, Step-Off Time – 3:30 pm
- Dyke March – Meet Time – 4:30 pm, Step-off Time – 5:00 pm
Gay Atlanta Districts
- The center of gay life in Atlanta is Midtown, but there are several other “gayborhoods” to be explored as well. You will find the heart of gay Atlanta at the intersection of Piedmont Avenue and 10th Street.
- Downtown is home to all of the great tourist attractions, venues, and sporting events at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. It’s also full of trendy art galleries and inspiring attractions.
- Westside is an up and coming neighborhood in West Midtown. Highlighted by Atlantic Station, the neighborhood has recently been revitalized and makes for a wonderful place to play with a great selection of restaurants in the Westside Provisions District.
Unveiling the Best LGBTQ Bars
- Blake’s on the Park – Nestled in the heart of Midtown’s “gayborhood,” Blake’s on the Park is more than just a bar; it’s an institution. Experience the welcoming neighborhood vibes, and you might even rub shoulders with Atlanta’s eligible bachelors and the city’s most iconic drag queens.
- Friends – For those seeking a laid-back, unpretentious watering hole, Friends is the ultimate choice. Enjoy affordable drinks and unwind over a game of pool. It’s the perfect spot to reconnect and relax with friends.
- Mary’s – Proudly hailed as East Atlanta’s beloved gay dive bar, Mary’s has garnered global recognition. Logo Channel and Out Magazine have named it one of the world’s best gay bars, and it’s easy to see why.
- Sister Louisa’s Church of the Living Room & Ping Pong Emporium – Fondly known as “Church,” this quirky, smoke-free haven is adorned with tongue-in-cheek (sac)religious art. Every Wednesday, revel in killer organ karaoke or join the super-gay patio parties that make Atlanta’s nights come alive.
Diving into the Hottest LGBTQ Nightlife Spots
- Bulldogs – Located in the heart of Midtown, Bulldogs is your go-to destination for electrifying nights. Renowned DJs spin mesmerizing house and hip-hop beats while the bartenders ensure you’re treated like royalty.
- The Heretic Atlanta – This nightlife gem boasts a labyrinthine layout where a diverse crowd grooves to the irresistible tunes of world-famous DJs. Your dancing feet won’t be able to resist the heavy beats that pulse through the venue.
- My Sister’s Room – Atlanta’s only lesbian bar, My Sister’s Room, thrives in the vibrant East Atlanta Village. With a daytime pub ambiance that transforms into a lively nightclub after dark, you’ll have plenty of space to dance inside or mingle on the back deck.
- FUTURE – Welcome to the future of Atlanta’s nightlife! Future Atlanta is home to a two-story, 14,000-square-foot dance club, Fantasy Girls Drag Cabaret, and an exquisite restaurant nestled beneath Underground Atlanta. Prepare to be dazzled as Atlanta’s top Drag superstars take the stage, hosted by the fabulous PHOENIX from Ru Paul’s Drag Race. The massive space seamlessly transforms into a nightclub scene featuring international DJs, promising an unforgettable night of revelry.
Where to stay during Atlanta Pride?
Here are the top rated hotels in Atlanta close to all of the gay bars, clubs and events.
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Atlanta that keep you close to all the Action, shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5 Star, Luxurious, downtown location, elegant rooms.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Elegant rooms with feather beds.
- Stay for luxury in the heart of Atlanta, with upscale amenities & convenient downtown access.
4 Star, Charming B&B
- 4 Star, Historic, gourmet breakfast, cozy atmosphere.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, iPod station.
- Ideal for a charming, intimate experience with gourmet breakfast & historic ambiance.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Boutique hotel, rooftop bar, city views.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, 37-inch TV.
- Offers great value with a stylish rooftop bar & modern rooms in a vibrant neighborhood.
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
- 3 Star, Modern, city skyline views, rooftop lounge.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, iPod docking.
- Perfect for experiencing Atlanta’s skyline from a rooftop lounge, with modern amenities, central location.
Highlights of Atlanta Pride
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Atlanta
Atlanta has a vibrant and inclusive LGBTQ+ community, and it’s often considered one of the most LGBTQ+-friendly cities in the United States. The city was home to some early LGBTQ+ activist organizations, and it played a significant part in the fight for LGBTQ+ rights.
Midtown | The heart of the city’s gay community
- Midtown Atlanta is often considered the heart of the city’s gay community.
- It’s home to many gay bars, clubs, and businesses, including the famous Atlanta Pride Festival.
- The intersection of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue is often referred to as the epicenter of gay life in Atlanta.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Atlanta
This eclectic neighborhood is known for its welcoming atmosphere & diverse community. Home to several gay-friendly bars, restaurants, & shops.
Downtown Atlanta offers a variety of shopping options for both residents & visitors. With upscale boutiques, unique stores and famous attractions.