From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Atlanta Gay Pride 2021
Update 2021 – Atlanta Pride has cancelled the main parade and other official events, however many of the circuit parties mentioned below will continue to go ahead. Further updates will be made to this page as they become available.
Atlanta Gay Pride is one of the most important events of its kind to take place in the Southern United States. Atlanta Gay Pride takes place at leafy (and centrally located) Piedmont Park in early to mid-October. The event is part of a month long series of events including the National Coming Out Day and the Atlanta AIDS Walk.
Atlanta’s Pride celebration centers around a handful of events over this three-day autumn weekend as well as some activities and gatherings taking place the weeks prior.
Highlights of the festival include the Out On Film LGBT gay film festival which takes place from late September to early October.
Atlanta Pride Kick Off Party
- Events begin with the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff Party, at the fantastic Georgia Aquarium on Friday. This is a sell out event. Following this and lasting until 3 am, there’s the Official Atlanta Pride Kickoff After Party.
Atlanta Circuit Parties
- The “Big Ol’ Slice of Atlanta Gay Pride” is one of gay Atlanta’s biggest circuit party featuring top notch DJs from around the world and incredible events to celebrate Atlanta Gay Pride. Events are held across the city’s top gay clubs and bars.
- Future Atlanta is one of the newest gay clubs in the city in the revamped Underground Atlanta district and hosts several large events during its Future Atlanta Pride Weekend including the Xion Afterparty.
- The Pride Tea Dance by Brian Kent on the terrace of District, Atlanta’s top club is one of the best outdoor events during the weekend.
Atlanta Pride in the Park
- The Pride festival includes free entertainment on the stages at the festival grounds in Piedmont Park, as well as a Pride Marketplace (usually held from 10 am until 7 pm each day) featuring some 200 vendors and organisations from the greater Atlanta LGBT community.
Atlanta Pride Parade
- The annual Pride Parade, held on Sunday, begins at 1 pm (floats and participants begin assembling around 10:30 that morning), departs from the Marta Civic Center Station, and ends at Piedmont Park.
Where to stay during Atlanta Pride?
Here are the top rated hotels in Atlanta close to all of the gay bars, clubs and events.
Gay Atlanta Districts
- The center of gay life in Atlanta is Midtown, but there are several other “gayborhoods” to be explored as well. You will find the heart of gay Atlanta at the intersection of Piedmont Avenue and 10th Street.
- Downtown is home to all of the great tourist attractions, venues, and sporting events at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. It’s also full of trendy art galleries and inspiring attractions.
- Westside is an up and coming neighborhood in West Midtown. Highlighted by Atlantic Station, the neighborhood has recently been revitalized and makes for a wonderful place to play with a great selection of restaurants in the Westside Provisions District.
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Apartments in Atlanta
Sleeps 6 Guests
West Home is a one of a Kind 2 bedroom 2 bathroom fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine loft overlooking Midtown & offers free WiFi and air conditioning
Sleeps 4 Guests
Amazing air conditioned Midtown apartment with 2 bedrooms 1 bathroom, with living room and fully fitted Kitchen, located in Atlanta’s most popular Midtown neighborhood close to bars and lots of restaurants
Sleeps 5 Guests
Amazing Atlanta Fully Furnished air conditioned Apartments features a living room with cable flat-screen TV a kitchen, fitted with a dishwasher, bathroom with a shower, free toiletries. Free WiFi and fitness centre
Sleeps 6 Guests
Cozy Hotel Style air conditioned Condo Located Midtown offering 2 bedrooms, a living room with TV, a fully equipped kitchen, patio and an outdoor pool. Free WiFi, a fitness centre. close to the bars and restaurants
NGPA Atlanta Pride 2018
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta
The gay scene is spread across the city of Atlanta, however we recommend you stay in Midtown. Its close to the best bars and clubs plus it is within easy reach of all the other sights and gay districts.
5 Star, Readers Choice
The Ritz-Carlton Atlanta’s elegant and spacious rooms feature feather beds, iPod docking stations and WiFi. They also have minibars and 24-hour in-room dining.
4 Star, Charming B&B
Stonehurst Place is an historic bed and breakfast featuring a daily gourmet breakfast,a flat-screen cable TV and an iPod docking station are available in each room.
4 Star, Great Value
Boutique hotel features a state-of-the-art fitness center and spacious rooms with a 37-inch flat-screen TV. A seasonal rooftop bar offers evening cocktails and a city view.
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
Downtown’s first boutique propertywhere eye-popping orange room accents and a South Beach-worthy rooftop bar with one of the best city skyline views amp up the buzz.
Why you may want a car in Atlanta
Atlanta is a big city and with so much to see and do such as, The World of Coca-Cola Celebrating the world’s most popular soft drink, Atlanta’s premier shopping destinations include Lenox Mall, and Phipps Plaza. Lovers of movies and architecture should check out The Walking Dead and Hunger Games Film Locations and Atlanta Historical Homes and Swan House. Other highlights include Margret Mitchell “Gone with the Wind”, the Governor’s Mansion and Rhodes Hall. Exploring these attractions is easy with your own car.