From: Sunday, January 14, 2024
To: Sunday, January 21, 2024
The sexiest gay ski week in the most exclusive ski resort! Aspen 2024
Nestled in the beautiful Roaring Fork Valley of central Colorado, Aspen Snowmass offers four mountains of terrain and two incredible mountain towns. With a thriving arts-and-culture scene, dining to die for, irresistible shopping and nightlife, and easy air connections via Aspen-Pitkin County Airport, the resort continues to be a popular hot spot for LGBTQ travelers.
- Aspen offer world-class accommodation, at a price! Reserve as early as possible to secure the best deal, especially in the Downtown District. Stay at the host hotel, The Limelight Hotel Snowmass, rated “Superb” by guests with spacious suites, high-end amenities and superb staff.
The Ski Week
- When it comes to gay ski weeks, Aspen Gay Ski Week is at the top of the list. Aspen is one of the most luxurious ski resorts in America, attracting thousands of visitors year after year from across the globe. The Gay Ski Week event is firmly on the gay circuit calendar and is one of the first big gay parties of the year! And what a way to begin!
- Gay Ski Week in Aspen, sponsored by the Roaring Fork Gay and Lesbian Community Fund (RFGLCF), consists of a wide range of activities, including apres ski parties and cocktail receptions at a number of great bars and restaurants around town.
- Stay right in the centre of Aspen at the Aspen Square Condo Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, offering you everything you need for the perfect ski trip, featuring high-end amenities, spacious suites and a perfect location.
Where to stay in Aspen
- There are over 150 different hotels and places to stay in Aspen, however they all book up well in advance, so book your stay early.
- Stay in Downtown Aspen. It’s easily walkable and close to all the best restaurants and attractions as well as the Snowmass ski lift. For a lift to and from Aspen Airport, or around town, both private and public shuttles are available from most hotels.
- For a “Ski to Door” hotel experience, stay at the stunning “Little Nell” hotel, a luxury property with exceptional service, sublime restaurants and home to the best apre-ski spots in the resort.
Getting to Aspen
- The nearest airport to Aspen is Aspen (ASE) Airport which is 3 miles drive from the resort.
- While it is possible to fly directly to Aspen from your destination of origin, most travelers chose to fly into Denver, which offers many more flight options at more affordable prices, and then either drive or take a bus or shuttle service. From Denver, it is about a 3-hour-and-45-minute drive to Aspen. Search for the lowest flight to Denver.
Dining out & Drinking in Aspen
Don’t even attempt a walk-in to any restaurant during the peak season. Reserve well in advance.
- Make sure you visit our favorite gay-friendly nightspots, such as the J-Bar at the the wonderfully historic Hotel Jerome, the chic Kenichi sushi restaurant, and 39 Degrees at W Aspen.
- Dining socials during gay ski week take place at several culinary hotspots – in recent years these have Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro at Snowmass and Prospect Restaurant, again at the Jerome. At Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro on Aspen Highlands, they usually start popping the corks around 1pm.
- Located at the base of Aspen Mountain at The Little Nell, Ajax Tavern is where slope-time eases into happy hour (and then late nights) everyday. Famous for their truffle fries and excellent wine list.
- As if The Little Nell hadn’t done enough to burnish Aspen’s après ski reputation with the Ajax Tavern, it also offers The Wine Bar (formerly Chair 9), a great spot for unwinding and enjoying a sterling selection of wines.
Parties & Apres Ski
- Some of the events you can look forward to include; Lunches on the mountain, Après ski hot tub parties, friendship dinners, Boutique night, Demented Divas, the Downhill Costume parade and a weekend pool party!
- Aspen has some great restaurants, fantastic clubs and bars; everything you need to keep you entertained into the small hours of the morning.
- The official après ski daily party gets wet and hot every day from 3-7 pm.
The Limelight Lounge Parties
- As skiing winds down and the slopes get cold, slip into something more comfortable and head over to the Limelight to have drinks and snacks with friends.
- Bring your swimsuit, changing rooms and towels are available for all attendees. This is hands down the only place to be after the slopes close.
- Parties feature guest DJ’s, daily sponsor parties, free swag and specials with the lowest price drinks in town. See you by the fireplace or the hot-tub!
Aspen Gay Ski Week Pool Party
- What do you get when you put 750 people, a DJ, Bud Light, food, drinks, two pools, water slide, fountains, lazy river and steam rooms….well, you will just have to find out. Don’t miss the grande finale of Aspen Gay Ski Week at the pool.
- There are two types of passes a patron pass and the black diamond pass. Although you don’t have to buy a pass, if you intend to attend most of the events it will work out a lot cheaper and a lot less hassle. Passes get you into all Gay Ski Week events.
- Aspen is blessed with several different places to ski, from Aspen Mountain to Snowmass, the Highlands and Buttermilk. The Aspen Snowmass website has reviews for each location.
- We recommend you purchase your ski pass well in advance, so you can avail of the best discounts. A single day pass is between USD 150 and USD 180. Discounts are available for multi-day passes.
Where to stay during Aspen Gay Ski Week
The following hotels are close to all the parties, ski lifts and attractions:
Gay Map of ASPEN
Aspen’s gay scene is lively and outgoing and as you would expect from an international ski resort, Aspen is well-known for being gay-friendly, so feel free to stroll hand-in-hand through the charming grid of neatly preserved 19th-century buildings downtown. The entire resort turns gay during this event.
Recommended Hotels in Aspen By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Aspen that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & fun
St. Regis Aspen Resort
5 Star, Luxury Option
Located at the base of Aspen mountain, St. Regis Aspen Resort features an outdoor pool and ski storage space. Guests can enjoy on-site restaurants and spa services. Private parking is available on site.
The Limelight Hotel
4 Star, Great Location
Within walking distance of Aspen Mountain, Limelight Hotel features guest rooms with free Wi-Fi and 32-inch flat-screen cable TVs. This Colorado hotel offers an outdoor pool & hot tub
Hyatt Residence Club
4 Star, Popular Choice
Offering a hot tub and ski storage space, Hyatt Grand Aspen is situated in Aspen in the Colorado Region. Ski equipment hire is available at this hotel and the area is popular for skiing. Aspen Mountain is 100 m from Hyatt Grand Aspen
St Moritz Lodge
2 Star, Great Value
This hotel has a year-round outdoor heated pool and whirlpool and free cable on flat-screen TVs. It is 2 blocks away from Aspen’s free ski shuttle system. A flat-screen cable TV with HBO and a refrigerator are provided. Some rooms offer balcony seating overlooking the hotel pool.
Video Of Aspen Gay Ski Week
Highlights of Aspen Gay Ski Week, parties, events and skiing!