From: Saturday, Jun 19th, 2021
To: Saturday, Jun 26th, 2021
Anchorage Pridefest 2021
Anchorage is the biggest pride parade in Alaska and features a week long series of events culminating in a colurful pride parade and festival.
PrideFest started as a small parade through downtown Anchorage. Forty+ years later, it has grown into a week long celebration of the LGBTQ community. PrideFest has some signature events, including a parade, festival on the park, film series, storytelling session and drag queen bingo.
Many events, such as the kickoff barbecue at The Raven and lube wrestling, have become PrideFest institutions. Beyond the Closet, another PrideFest favorite, is a storytelling series featuring eight storytellers sharing their experiences as LGBT community members in the ’70s, ’80s, ’90s and today.
The MGA Pageant
- First Saturday – Extravagance is what it’s all about at the annual Mr/Ms/Miss/Mister Gay Alaska Pageant. Contestants from all around Alaska will be there for a night of stepping out and showing off with the Imperial Court of All Alaska. This is a 21-and-over event. 9-11:30 p.m. Mad Myrna’s, 530 E. Fifth Ave. Tickets $10.
- First Sunday – PrideFest is a time of celebration, but every year Identity sets aside time for mourning. The memorial honors those lost in the UpStairs Lounge flash fire of 1973, believed to be the largest killing of LGBTQ people in U.S. history until the 2016 mass shooting at Orlando’s gay nightclub Pulse.
Disco BBQ kickoff
- First Sunday – It’s not PrideFest without a barbecue at The Raven. Celebrate 40 years of Pride with America’s northernmost gay bar (that’s right — beating Mad Myrna’s by a block). Dress to impress in your best disco outfit and enter for a chance to win costume and door prizes. Dance the night away, and have some barbecue to go along with your cocktails. Reminder: The Raven is a cash-only bar. This is a 21-and-over event. 4-10 p.m. The Raven, 708 E. Fourth Ave. Free.
- Wednesday – A tradition as old as Pride itself. Lube wrestling is Alaska Pride’s wildest annual event and hosted by The Last Frontier Men’s Club. Place bids on your favorite wrestlers and enter for a chance to lube up the boys. This is a free event for those over the age of 21. Wrestler entree fees will support Identity Inc. 8 p.m.-12:30 a.m. The Raven, 708 E. Fourth Ave. Free.
Mad Myrna’s presents Friday Night Divas
- Friday – If there’s one thing the LGBTQ community knows how to do, it’s have fun. Mad Myrna’s hosts their weekly Friday Night Divas Variety Show, with this special PrideFest edition featuring the “best of the best” drag divas in Alaska. Singing, dancing and karaoke crooning queens will take over the Myrna’s ballroom for the night. 9 p.m. Friday, June 23. Mad Myrna’s, 530 E. Fifth Ave. $5 at the door.
- Final Saturday – Alaska’s annual celebration of LGBTQ individuals began 10 years ago this year. LGBTQ community members and allies from all over Alaska will march to celebrate LGBTQ pride and the quest for true equality. Dress to impress in your best rainbow gear and bring the kids out for a family-friendly event. 11 a..m.-Noon. The parade will start on W. 9th Ave, turning left on E Street, Right on W. 7th Ave, continuing down G Street and ending at Delaney Park Strip. All groups that practice love and tolerance are welcome!
Anchorage Pride Festival
- Final Saturday – Alaska Pride’s main event features more than 130 food vendors, craft-makers and community organizations, as well as two stages of live entertainment. All ages are welcome to this daylong celebration of the Alaska LGBTQ community. Special guest Bob the Drag Queen will perform on the main stage. Noon-5 p.m. Delaney Park Strip, Ninth Avenue. Free.
The largest city in Alaska, Anchorage is home to 40 percent of the state’s population. Anchorage is a small city with a small gay community. The few bars, as in most such cities, tend to mix everyone of all ages, genders and affinities together. There are also membership clubs to provide fellowship and organize events throughout the year.
- Mad Myrnas is by far the most popular. It sits in downtown Anchorage and has weekly drag shows, karaoke and other such events. This bar has been ranked in the top 200 gay bars of the world. There’s an outdoor section, a dance floor, a main bar area with pool tables, and a ballroom with stage and seating. Each section has a separate bar available.
- Raven is tavern style bar popular with local bears, otters and leather guys with fun underwear parties and an outdoor terrace.
- Vans dive bar and Bernie’s Bungalow Lounge are two popular gay-friendly bars worth checking out.
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of ANCHORAGE
Recommended Apartments in Anchorage
The holiday home features 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 4 bathrooms with a bath or shower. A balcony and free WiFi.
1400 K Unit A
The property was built in 1971 and has air-conditioned accommodations with a balcony. This apartment has 3 bedrooms, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a flat-screen TV, a seating area and 2 bathrooms
The holiday home has 2 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV and a fully equipped kitchen that provides guests with a dishwasher, a microwave, a washing machine, a fridge and an oven. Towels and bed linen are offered. Free WiFi
Rustic Anchorage Hideaway Minutes from Trails provides beachfront accommodations with free WiFi. The apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher, a washing machine, and 1 bathroom
Video Of Anchorage Pride
ANCHORAGE PRIDEFEST 2019
Recommended Hotels in Anchorage
Sheraton Hotel & Spa
4 Star – Central Location
A 42-inch flat-screen cable TV is featured in all smoke-free over-sized guest rooms at Sheraton Anchorage Hotel & Spa. A refrigerator and coffee-making facilities are included. A comfortable desk and a fax/copier/printer are provided. Pet-friendly rooms are available.
4 Star, Luxury
All guest rooms at the Marriott Anchorage Downtown feature air conditioning and private bathrooms. Every room also features over-sized picture windows, offering views of Anchorage and the Chugach Mountains. It features an indoor swimming pool
Four Points by Sheraton
3 Star – Great Amenities
Four Points by Sheraton Anchorage Downtown is located in the heart of downtown Anchorage This hotel offers a wide range of amenities, including free WiFi Internet access. All two-room suites are furnished and feature sofa sleepers and coffee makers.
Comfort Inn Ship Creek
2 Star – Perfect Location
Guest rooms at Comfort Inn Ship Creek include in-room movies, games & coffee maker. Select rooms include relaxing spa baths and kitchenettes. Free weekday newspapers are available to guests. The hotel also features an indoor heated pool and an exercise room