From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
The Urban Bear Weekend New York.
The Urban Bear week is a full 4 days of furry frisky fun. From bear parties to street fairs to yoga mats and beer blasts, this event has you covered!
Since Urban Bear Weekend first hit the city in 2008, Gotham’s bear scene has evolved from gay-nightife subculture to mainstream—beards are practically required in NYC gay bars these days—and the ursine movement shows no sign of slowing down.
The Urban Bear weekend has great parties and events including the big opening night party, the Monster Underbear Party, The Grizzly Guzzler Beer Blast (daily) a stunning sunset disco cruise on the Hudson and the Bears Ahoy after party.
2021 Urban Bears Program
Urban Bear Weekend’s main event is this afternoon’s furfest, an old-school street fair with vendors, artists and community groups on hand. Sunday is the highlight of the event with the NYC Street Fair and Mega Beer blast.
Thursday, September 16
- Opening Night Party, Burgers, Beers & Bears! Julius Bar & Grill 159 West 10th Street, 6pm / Free
Friday, September 17
- Bears Ahoy! Urban Bear Nyc Sunset Party Cruise On The Hudson Music: Dj Jonny Mack
- The Circle Line—pier 83 @ West 42nd Street Boarding Begins 6pm/sails 7—11
- Followed by Clone Old School Sleaze Xxx Party Music: Dj Sugar Jr Rockbar 185 Christopher Street 9pm / $10
Saturday, September 18
- Bear Invasion: Little Island Pier 55 At 14th Street 11:30am / Free
- Afternoon Bear Blast, Venue Tba 2pm
- Honey A Kinky Carnival + Dance Party At The Museum Of Sex, 233 5th Avenue @ 27th St, 11pm / Various Prices
Sunday, September 19
- The 13th Annual Urban Bear Nyc Street Fair, Little West 12th Street Btw. Washington Street & 10th Avenue 1pm-7pm /$20.
- Closing Night Party, Mega Beer Blast, Rockbar 185 Christopher Street, 3pm / $10
Where to stay?
- Stay at the Kimpton Ink48 Hotel with 222 rooms and suites featuring loft-style ceilings and deep-soaking tubs. Each room one comes with expansive views of the city. Alternatively The Greenwich Hotel conceived by Robert DeNiro and New York Hotelier Ira Drukier, is located in the heart of Tribeca, one of New York City’s most desirable downtown neighborhoods.
Other popular hotels within walking distance of some of the gay bars, and a short taxi ride to the others. include:
Gay Map of New York
Most of the gay bars are located in the Christopher Street and Time square areas; we have found hotels closes to the gay bars in each area that have the best revues with our hotel partner Booking.com
Recommended Apartments in New York City
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All units include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. There is also a dining area and a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher and oven. There is a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hair dryer in each unit. Towels are offered.
AKA Central Park
1 & 2 Bedroom
AKA Central Park offers studio, 1-2 bedroom, and penthouse suites with living areas and fully-equipped kitchens. Amenities and services include a lounge, meeting space, and complimentary WiFi. A minute’s walk away from 5th Avenue
Furnished Quarters at The Olivia features accommodation 200 m from Madison Square Garden. Complimentary WiFi is provided. All air-conditioned units include a fully equipped kitchen, allowing guests to prepare meals.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. A dishwasher, microwave and fridge
Video Of The Urban Bear Weekend New York
HIghlights of what you can expect at the event!
Recommended Hotels in New York
Most of the best hotels are located in the downtown region and are just a short journey from the main gay village.
The New York EDITION
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the iconic landmark Metropolitan Life Clock Tower, The New York EDITION offers a Michelin star restaurant and free WiFi access.
CitizenM 4 Star
Located right in the heart of Manhattan, this hotel is just 1 minute’s walk from Times Square and within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Park
4 Star, Luxury
Each room at the hotel is sized at 150 square feet and is fitted with a refrigerator, flat-screen cable TV, work desk and complimentary WiFi.
4 Star, Artsy Vibe
Featuring a rooftop garden terrace, Cassa Hotel Times Square offers free WiFi access. Each room offers a flat-screen TV & a minibar.