From: Sunday, March 3, 2024
To: Sunday, March 10, 2024
Swiss Gay Ski Week 2024
The Swiss Gay Ski Week is one of the longest running gay ski week events in Europe and has been celebrated since 1992. The gay ski week takes place in the beautiful village of Lenzerheide. Lenzerheide ski resort is linked with Arosa to create an amazing skiing area near Chur, the capital of canton Graubünden in southeast Switzerland.
- Lenzerheide is an alpine oasis in the heart of Grisons, Switzerland with fabulous snow, modern lifts & some great terrain for all abilities. It is the quieter cousin of the nearby Arosa gay ski week and is famous for its warm welcome and friendly organisers.
- Guests from around Europe and beyond return each year to enjoy breathtaking scenery and love of gay culture. The event is solely dedicated to bringing like-minded people together to share 225 km of powdery pistes and a good time.
Where to stay
The Lenzerheide ski resort extends for around 7km along a forest filled valley & includes several lift & piste linked villages. The village at Lenzerheide (sometimes referred to as Vaz/Obervaz) is well positioned for sun throughout most of the day.
You can stay in & around the town itself or further down the valley in Valbella, Parpan or Churwalden, all of which are lift linked into the Lenzerheide ski resort.
- Hotel Schweizerhof Lenzerheide – Charming 4 star hotel, beautifully designed with a large indoor pool.
- Lai Lifestyle Hotel – Quality offering at a great price. Delicious breakfast options.
For large groups why not rent you own chalet? Lenzerheide has some stunning options available that will elevate your stay and are perfect for your own private Aprés ski.
How to get to Lenzerheide
- The Lenzerheide ski resort is centred on a high-altitude Swiss Alps valley only 10km directly south of the capital of Graubuenden canton, Chur. The resort includes the villages of Churwalden, Parpan, & Valbella. The best international airport access is Zurich (ZRH).
- Driving time from the Zurich airport to the centre of Lenzerheide is around 2hr (150km), however public transport is the recommended method to reach the resort as the Train is convenient from Zurich to Chur.
- The 1,600m+ of skiable vertical may not be able to be skied in one hit, but it ranges through a perfect mix of sheltered tree lined runs all the way up to high alpine chutes. For beginners, at least 5 sheltered “learn to ski” areas provide the start you need to then graduate to the multitude of blue pistes weaving from the alpine into the trees on the sunny east-facing slopes below Lavoz & Piz Danis.
- Advanced & experts can sup on super-fast piste trails and an off-piste that includes high alpine bowls, light alpine trees, heavy lower altitude forest, chutes & steeps (particularly on Rothorn).
- Highlights of the Swiss Gay Ski Week include group dinners, theme nights, wide-open ski trails and a relaxed apres-ski scene each night.
- Enjoy evening dinners from 7 pm each night at Restaurant 7087 Hotel Schweizerhof.
- Apres ski and T Dance parties takes place each afternoon from around 4 pm at Crest’Ota, which is idyllically situated amidst the pristine landscape on a hill above Lenzerheide.
- Enjoy lunch at Motta Hut – famous for their high quality and delicious food and great wine selection.
- Scalottas, Part of the Schweizerhof hotel, the restaurant focuses on regional ingredients. The concept is straightforward and simple – you can combine the dishes on the menu in any way you like. The friendly and attentive service is an added bonus.
The Aprés Ski
- Aprés-Ski at Lenzerheide is at the one and only Crest’Ota. Replenish and meet your new and old friends after a long day of skiing at your favorite place for a drink. Andrea and Giancarlo are looking forward to welcoming the group at the Bar where you can enjoy great drinks, good music and catch the last ray of sunlight for the day.
- If it is too cold outside there is a lovely mountain hut where you get everything from Champagne to Schümli-Pflümli.
- Restaurant Scalottas – Homemade with Love. 360° panoramic views of the Mittelbünden mountains and a freshly prepared culinary experience.
- Motta hut – The Motta Hütte food philosophy is simple and delicious. It comes from a long tradition and experience of style in eating, drinking and living.
- Hotel Restaurant 7078 – Design and nature. Tradition and modernity. All blend together at the Hotel Schweizerhof
- Tschugga restaurant – Famous for its delicious Grisons specialties. The highlight of the visit is the following sledge run with a home-made sledg
Popular hotels with our readers
The following hotels are the top trending in Lenzerheide with our customers:
Map of Lenzerheide
Recommended Hotels in Lenzerheide By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lenzerheide that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
4 Star, Good Service
All rooms at the hotel include a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, dvd player, and a bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. A bathrobe, slippers and a wellness bag are also provided. Guests can use the outdoor salt-water pool or the indoor family pool, unwind in the saunas or the steam bath or enjoy a workout in the fitness centre.
4 Star, Readers Choice
The Lenzerhorn hotel in Lenzerheide boasts one of the most modern spa and wellness areas in Grisons, including saunas with an ice-igloo, steam baths, a thermal salt water bath and an indoor pool, and offering various therapies and massages. The Lenzerhorn hotel also features 3 restaurants, a café bar lounge and a wine cellar dating from 1888.
Lai Lifestyle Hotel
3 Star, Great Value
The accommodation features a ski pass sales point and ski storage space, as well as a bar and a shared lounge. Free WiFi. All rooms at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. Rooms have bed linen and towels.
Chesa Clois 24
3 Star, Location
Chesa Clois 24 is 800 m from the Cresta Ski Lift, which can be reached directly on skis. It offers an indoor pool, a sauna, and a bowling alley. All apartments have a balcony overlooking the mountains. The bright apartments feature a kitchen, a living room satellite TV, and a bathroom. On request, fresh bread rolls can be delivered every morning
Swiss Gay Ski Week
Winter Wonderland in Lenzerheide