From: Friday, August 30, 2024
To: Monday, September 2, 2024
SPLASH DAYS AUSTIN 2024
Splash Days Austin is a Labor day weekend party raising funds from the LGBT community in Texas. It is the hottest and sexiest party in the lone star state!
- Austin is a popular Labor Day Weekend Escape, so book early. We recommend you stay in the downtown district. Guests love the Fairmont Austin giving the hotel a “Superb” rating with a stunning rooftop pool and features spacious rooms and a central location.
Splash Days (Second Splash)
- Each year, during the Labor Day Weekend, the people of Austin head to the lake at Hippy Hollow to escape the heat and cool down in one of the few nudist-friendly bathing areas in Texas.
- The gay exodus to Hippy Hollow is known as Splash Days, a one-day trip to Lake Travis, that has since morphed into a weekend of circuit parties, drag brunches and barge parties.
- The gay section of Lake Travis is at the very end of the park. Keep on the paved walkway until it runs out … and you’re at the gay area.
- Stay right by Lake Travis – check out the hotels closest to the party.
Barges and Wristbands
- Sunday, September 1st 2024 – Each year, several of Austin’s gay bars come together, load up a couple of barges with booze, bartenders and deejays, and head out to the cove.
- If you want to grab drinks from the party barge, you’ll need to grab a wristband from one of the sponsor bars.
- The barges are typically at Hippie Hollow from 10 AM to 4 PM. Times can vary each year, depending on lake levels.
- plash party at the lake is open to everyone, 18 and up – that’s the rule at Hippie Hollow.
- Departing VIP Marina.
The Weekend Parties
- Line up and party themes to be confirmed:
- Enjoy international guest DJs, Drag Brunches and more during a weekend of celebrations for Austin Splash Weekend. The following venues host some of the busiest events:
- Friday – The Official Opening Party at The Iron Bear from 9.30 pm to 2 am with guest DJs.
- Sunday – Main Event at The Austin Eagle.
- Stay at the LGBT run Hotel Saint Cecilia offering swanky suites and bungalows, plus a stunning terrace with a lap pool.
The Pool Party
- Awaiting dates and venue confirmation for the 2024 edition – The Official Second Splash Pool Party at the Hilton Canopy Hotel! Get ready to soak up the sun, enjoy incredible beats, and make a splash.
- DJ Dan de Leon will be spinning the hottest tracks, creating an electrifying atmosphere that will keep you dancing all day long!
- From 1 pm to 7 pm – Stay at the official Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests, featuring spacious rooms, excellent customer service and a great location.
The Park – Hippie Hollow
- Hippie Hollow Park is located on the shores of Lake Travis in western Travis County, approximately 20 miles from downtown Austin. It is usually a 30-minute drive, depending on traffic. If driving, use the address 7000 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 on your navigation app.
- Entry to the party is free, BUT there is a fee to get into the park. It’s $15 per vehicle if you drive in or $8 per person if you walk or bike in. Cash or check only, no credit/debit cards.
- There is no fee if you come off the lake on a boat. Please note that Hippie Hollow Park generally reaches capacity on holiday weekends.
- The park is closed for the remainder of the day when at capacity. So don’t be surprised if you’re turned away at the gate when you show up late in the afternoon.
- The Iron Bear – Lively LGBT-friendly hangout offering DJ parties, pool, karaoke & daily happy hour.
- The Austin Eagle – A neighborhood bar that provides good food during the day and amazing drinks at night to the fetish community. At The Austin Eagle, you can be yourself in a judgment free zone for the fetish community
Where to stay during the Austin Splash Weekend
Most of the gay bars are located in Downtown and you can walk from one to the other. The following hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Hotels in Austin By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in the old town of Austin that keep you close to all the shops and restaurants
Fairmont Austin Gold
5 Star, Great Pool
The Fairmont Austin Gold Experience offers 5-star accommodation in Austin, TX. Ideally situated in the Downtown Austin district, this 37-story luxury hotel offers extravagant dining options, a relaxing spa and state-of-the art meeting facilities.
4 Star – Central
Hyatt Place Austin Downtown offers air-conditioned accommodation & features a bar called Coffee to Cocktails that serves light appetizers. The property has a swimming pool and a fitness centre. A number of activities are offered in the area, such as cycling and hiking.
The LINE Austin
4 Star, Nice Pool
The LINE Austin features free bikes and outdoor swimming pool in the heart of Austin. Featuring a bar, In-room amenities include complimentary WiFi, floor-to-ceiling windows with lake and city views, and a fully stacked minibar. A private bathroom with complimentary toiletries.
4 Star, Location
Guest rooms at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a bath or shower, a hairdryer and free toiletries. At Austin Marriott Downtown each room has bed linen & towels
Video Of Splash Days
UnderGear at Splash Days