From: Friday, Sep 2nd, 2022
To: Tuesday, Sep 6th, 2022
Splash Days Austin 2022
Splash Days Austin is a Labor day weekend party raising funds from the LGBT community in Texas. It is the hottest and sexiest party in the lone star state!
Splash days are technically just the party out on the lake at the gay section of Hippie Hollow on the Saturday and Sunday of the holiday weekend. The gay section is located at the very end of the park. Just keep on the paved walkway until it runs out … and you’re at the gay section.
Each year, several of the bars come together and load up a couple of barges with booze, bartenders and deejays and head out to the cove. If you want to grab drinks from the party barge, you’ll need to grab a wristband from one of the sponsor bars (Rain, Oil Can Harry’s, Rusty Spurs, or Splash Days Will Call (at Rain)) and be sure to bring your photo ID.
- The barges are typically at Hippie Hollow from 11 AM to 4 PM. Times can vary each year, depending on lake levels.
- There will be no entry onto the boat, but you are welcome to swim or raft up to the boat to get your free drinks (provided you have a wristband).
The Weekend Events
There are several events that pop-up around the lake event. While these Splash-adjacent events tend to focus on a specific portion of the community, the actual Splash party at the lake is open to everyone … 18 and up, just because that’s the rule at Hippie Hollow.
The Park – Hippie Hollow
- There is no cost to go the Splash party at the lake, BUT there is a fee to get in to the park. It’s $15 per vehicle if you drive in or $8 per person if you walk or bike in. Cash or check only, no credit/debit cards.
- There is no fee if you come in off the lake on a boat. Please note that Hippie Hollow Park generally reaches capacity on holiday weekends. When capacity is reached the park is closed for the remainder of the day to all incoming traffic, including pedestrians. So don’t be surprised if you’re turned away at the gate when you show up late in the afternoon.
- Hippie Hollow Park is located on the shores of Lake Travis in western Travis County, approximately 20 miles from downtown Austin. It is usually a 30-minute drive, depending on traffic. If you’re driving, use the address 7000 Comanche Trail, Austin, TX 78732 on your navigation app.
Where to stay during the Austin Splash Weekend
Most of the gay bars are located in Downtown and you can walk from one to the other,
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Austin
The gay clubs in Austin are largely centered around the 4th street gay district and don’t get going until around midnight. Most of the city’s gay bars are within walking distance not only of each other but of dozens of other cool mainstream bars and clubs downtown, mostly in the hip Warehouse District that’s between the Texas Capitol building and the Colorado River. The gay scene in Austin is well integrated with the town so people mix and you’ll often spot gay folks hanging out at the music clubs, trendy lounges, coffeehouses, and restaurant bars that everyone else in town likes.
Also, Austin is home to a very popular and scenic gay sunbathing area, Hippie Hollow Park, a county-operated, clothing-optional park that’s about a 30-minute drive northwest of downtown, on the rocky but scenic shore of Lake Travis.
Recommended Apartments in Austin
Sleeps up to 6 Guests
Every unit features a private bathroom & bath or shower, air conditioning, Living room & a dining area. Guests can enjoy a fitness & business centre, a shared lounge & garden. Free WiFi & parking
Sleeps up to 5 Guests
Each unit at the apart-hotel is fitted with air conditioning, private bathroom and kitchen with dishwasher, a living room. Offering an outdoor swimming pool and fitness centre. Free business-class Wi-Fi
Sleeps 5 Guests
The accommodation is air conditioned There is a seating & dining area with a flat-screen TV, a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher. Every unit features a private bathroom with free toiletries. Free WiFi
Sleeps 4 Guests
Apartment features include: king-size bed with memory foam mattress, Queen-size sleeper sofa, Fully equipped kitchen, living room with smart TV, high-speed Internet. One free parking space
Video Of Splash Days
UnderGear at Splash Days
Recommended Hotels in Austin
We have chosen hotels close to the best gay clubs in Austin which are largely centered around the 4th street gay district.
JW Marriott Austin
4 Star, Modern Classic
Located in the heart of downtown Austin, JW Marriott features a luxurious, modern design throughout the property, an edge roof-top pool, a great Spa and epic views
W Austin Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
The W Austin is the most famous gay-popular hotel in Austin, located just half a block from 4th street – Austin’s gay district with a great swimming pool and roof-top bar.
3 Star, Great Pool
With its hyper-instagrammable bright neon sign. The chic Austin Motel has an on-site restaurant, general store and main-road location. Rooms are stylish and fun.
1 Star, Great Value
Gay Friendly hostel within the oldest standing firehouse in downtown Austin offers a budget accommodation option for those who want to be close to all the bars and events.