From: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
To: Sunday, June 11, 2023
The Sao Paulo Gay Pride is considered the biggest and best gay pride parade in the world. In fact it holds the title “largest pride” in the Guinness Book of World Records. The event is the second largest of the city, after the Grand Prix Formula One Brazil. Sao Paulo Gay Pride always takes place on the Sunday after the Corpus Christi annual holiday.
- Visiting for Pride? Stay in the Jardin district, just a short trip from all the gay bars. The neighborhood is home to the best hotels and restaurants in the city.
- Alternatively stay on the Parade route along Avenida Paulista and enjoy a balcony view of the festivities. Enjoy some time on the street and some time on your balcony with friends!
São Paulo Pride Events
- Although officially this is a 5 day event, with the parade being the highlight, the party starts 3 weeks before with everything from debates, plays, music concerts, dance performances, cultural fairs, street markets and much more.
- Several circuit parties by Superfestas, São Paulo’s leading party promoter, are held over the weekend of Pride.
- June 7th – June 11th – Komplexo Tempo hosts Sao Paulo’s signature gay parties, and there is none bigger than the Pride Week celebrations.
- June 9th – Fiesta BLK – The Black Party – one of the city’s most stylish and sexiest events in the city.
- June 9th and 10th – Bears and chasers should check out the Ursound Mega Pride.
- Saturday June 10th – Guapo Fiesta takes over Sonora Garden for a special pride 12 hour marathon party, from 10 pm.
- June 7th to 11th – TNW presents the Circuit Pride Festival, five days and nights of parties including the Castro Festival, and the Xlsior Mykonos Closing Party.
- Sunday June 11th – Fresh, the city’s most famous pool party returns for a 15-hour party running from 4 pm until 7 am.
- Sunday June 11th – GUAPO+JUNGLE party host a special Pride-edition, pool party from 10 am to 1 am.
São Paulo Pride Parade
- Sunday June 11th 2023 – The meeting point for the parade is in front of the Museum of Art of Sao Paulo (MASP – Museu de Arte de São Paulo), right in the middle of Sao Paulo’s main drag Avenida Paulista.
- The official meeting time is at 12 noon but the area will be packed by participants and bystanders from early morning. Furthermore, the march itself does not start to move before 2 or 3 pm.
- The route takes the participants along Rua da Consolacao, to Praça Rooselvelt, where the event eventually ends.
- The focal points of the parade are the 25 or so themed floats, called Trio elétricos.
- To get to the parade take the metrô to Trianon-Masp or Consolação stations along Linha 2 – Verde, which runs the length of Avenida Paulista.
- Festivities continue late into the night at Praça Rooselvelt.
- Enjoy amazing views of the parade and stay right on the steps of the event at the Melia Paulista.
Gay São Paulo, Bars, Clubs, Neighbourhoods & Where to Stay
The best part of town to stay in is Jardin, with all the shops on your doorstep and the gay bars and clubs nearby.
Frei Caneca / Consolação
- Known locally as Gay Caneca, this gaybourhood is full of gay and gay-friendly venues and is situated between the bustling Avenida Paulista and the uber gay Shopping Frei Caneca. Most of the city’s gay nightlife revolves around this district, especially at Aloka Club, one of the longest-running in the city.
- Opened 21 years ago, A Lôca today hosts several well-known parties, such as Grind on Sundays, that brings crowds together to listen to rock, pop and 1980s music. Drag queen attractions are held occasionally on Thursdays and Sundays.
- Stay close to Frei Caneca at the Hotel Ca’d’Oro. The rooms have great views, and the breakfast buffet is delicious.
Largo do Arouche / Centro
- Everyone is welcome in this cheap and cheerful district, attracting all shades of the gay rainbow, from Bears to Transsexuals. Largo do Arouche is a section of the greater Downtown area (known as Centro). Danger Dance Club is a popular spot and home to EDM drinks, drag queens, and muscle guys.
- You will find the party starts late and continues well into the night, spilling out on the street at Avenida de Carvalho, especially outside gay bars Soda Pop and Caneca de Prata.
- Pinheiros is an up and coming district popular with hipsters and younger gay guys. The neighbourhood is home to a famous Saturday outdoor fair at Praça Benedito Calixto.
- Bubu Lounge draws a large crowd, especially during the weekend. It is considered one of the three best LGBT clubs in São Paulo.
- Bela Vista centres on charming Bixiga, or Little Italy, with plenty of homey trattorias and pizza parlours along and around Rua Treze de Maio. Narrow streets lead to the wide Avenida Paulista, the city’s economic and commercial nerve centre, lined with fashion boutiques, stylish cafes and cultural hotspots, including the São Paulo Museum of Art (MASP), in a striking concrete-and-glass structure.
- Stay at the Melia Paulista, famous for its warm welcome and close attention to detail and just steps from some of the city’s top attractions.
- The neighbourhood is home to Club Yacht, a bright & upbeat LGBT nightclub with nautical décor & waiters dressed as sailors. The club hosts its famous Lux party on Wednesdays, focusing on pop from as far back as the 1980s and today’s hits. Saturdays are for electronic music, ranging from EDM to House music for the Shout party. The entrance fee is one of the highest among LGBT bars in the city.
- Bubu Lounge plays primarily electronic music and retro, except for Saturdays where a band plays Brazilian Popular Music (MPB).
Jardins / Cerqueira César
- Jardins / Cerqueira César – Our preferred place to stay, this district is across from Avenida Paulista and home to upscale restaurants, chic fashion stores and several hotel options. Most are within a 15 to 20-minute walking distance from the gay hotspots in Frei Caneca.
- Spoil yourself at the Tivoli Mofarrej São Paulo, a “superb” rated 5-star hotel offering rooftop breakfasts, lavish spa treatments and understated luxury.
- The Universe Paulista is also a great option; with four stars, it has a large outdoor pool, well-equipped gym and is steps from all the bars and shops.
Recommended Hotels in Sao Paulo
The following hotels are currently trending with our readers for the pride event:
L’Hotel PortoBay, Tryp São Paulo, Pergamon Hotel, Novotel Jaraguá Hotel.
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Book now and pay on arrival.
The Estanplaza Paulista is close to
all the trendy gay bars and shops
For more information and advice on
Sao Paulo Pride visit The Website
The gay bars are a little spread out but taxis are cheap, we have chosen Hotels close to the gay bars that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner .
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sao Paulo that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
This 5-star hotel offers luxurious accommodation just 100 m from Trianon-Masp metro station in Bela Vista, Sao Paulo. It has a spa, an internal and heated swimming pool. Rooms at L’Hotel PortoBay São Paulo are elegantly designed and have free WiFi, cable TV, work desk and en suite bathroom. Some rooms have a spacious seating area.
The air-conditioned rooms at Intercity São Paulo Paulista Hotel offer contemporary décor and are equipped with a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a minibar, a work desk and a wardrobe. The private bathroom includes a shower, free toiletries and a hairdryer. Some suites also boast a terrace fitted with a hot tub. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
In the heart of São Paulo, near the Frei Caneca Shopping Mall and Franklin Roosevelt Square. The 4-star hotel offers standard and luxurious rooms featuring contemporary design and modern facilities. All rooms include air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a minibar, a telephone and a work desk. Bathroom are equipped with a shower
This Novotel is located in the heart of Sao Paulo, one block away from Anhangabau or Republica Metro Station. It features 2 restaurants,an equipped fitness centre. The air-conditioned rooms offer a minibar, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a safety deposit box, a work desk and a telephone. The bathroom includes a shower, free toiletries. Free WiFi
ITV coverage of the gay pride parade during Sao Paulo Pride.
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Sao Paulo that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Along with 2 restaurants, this hotel has a full-service spa and an indoor pool. Additionally, a fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a sauna are onsite. All 60 individually decorated rooms feature WiFi and 24-hour room service. Flat-screen TVs with cable channels and DVD players provide a bit of entertainment, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers.
This smoke-free hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a sauna, and a 24-hour business center are onsite. All 56 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and 24-hour room service. Flat-screen TVs with cable channels and DVD players, and other amenities include minibars and premium bedding.
This hotel features a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant. Additionally, a 24-hour fitness center, a bar/lounge, and a snack bar/deli are onsite. All 444 soundproofed rooms feature free wired Internet and iPod docks. Comforts include premium bedding and pillow menus, and guests will also appreciate thoughtful touches like espresso makers and slippers. Housekeeping is available on request.
This hotel features an outdoor pool, a restaurant, and a 24-hour fitness center. Additionally, a bar/lounge, a 24-hour business center, and a conference center are onsite. All 195 soundproofed rooms provide free WiFi, free wired Internet, and pillowtop beds. LCD TVs come with cable channels, and thoughtful touches like bathrobes and slippers. Change of towels is available on request.