From: Wednesday, July 10, 2024
To: Sunday, July 14, 2024
San Diego Pride 2024
With 265 days with sunshine, its nearly always a good time to visit San Diego, and there is no better time than during the city’s annual Pride festival. Plan early as this is one of San Diego’s biggest events.
- Stay close to all the pride festivities in the Downtown district, home to some of the city’s better hotels and just 8 minutes from the block party (Hillcrest neighbourhood is short on nice hotels). Stay at The Bristol, a boutique hotel located at the crossroads of the city’s most vibrant neighbourhoods.
- Highlights during the San Diego pride weekend include the Spirit of Stonewall Rally, the Pride Block Party in Hillcrest, and the always colorful San Diego Pride Parade on the last Saturday of the event.
- Friday, July 12, 2024 @ 6 PM – 7 PM – The official opening of the San Diego Pride weekend with inspiring speakers, recognize LGBTQ leaders, and raise the Pride flag at Hillcrest Pride Flag, 1500 University Ave, San Diego, CA 92103.
The Block Party
- Thursday, July 11th & Friday, July 12th, 2024 – 4:00 PM to 11pm – The Pride of Hillcrest Block Party kicks off San Diego Pride weekend in the heart of Hillcrest! This event for those 21 years and older includes food, drinks, carnival rides, and lots of DJs, go-gos, and dancing!
- Stay close by in the Mission Valley district, close to all the gay bars and clubs. Try the Kings Inn Hotel, with a great pool, gym and perfect location.
San Diego Pride Circuit Parties
Other events not to be missed include:
- LE Parties Pool Parties & Events – July 12th to 14th, 2024.
Le Parties features 4 different parties over three days at the Double Tree Mission Valley main pool and waterland.
- Rich’s Pride Week San Diego – July 10th to 14th, 2024.
Events kick off on Wednesday and run through to Sunday with the popular Sunset Tea closing event.
- The Unite Pride Circuit Party – July 12th to 14th, 2024.
An epic production this year with the event taking over the Encore event centre and featuring world class DJs – a spectacular production.
- Furrageous & Sub Woofer – San Diego Bear Pride – July 12th & 13th, 2024
San Diego’s most popular bear night presents two nights of furry fun in some of San Diego’s top venues.
- GPS Party – San Diego Edition – Awaiting Dates
LA’s top event producers bring their GPS party to The House of Blues in San Diego.
- The Escapade Sunset Cruise – Awaiting Dates
One of the most popular events of the weekend. Enjoy live shows, DJs and a spectacular sunset.
- United We Groove Cruise – July 14th, 2024
An official San Diego Pride Party – part of a 5-party extravaganza during the UNITE music festival.
- San Diego Sunset Tea Dance – Awaiting Dates
Part of Rich’s weekend block party, and definitely the one day you do not want to miss. From 9 pm to 3 am.
- The Hole in the Wall Sunday Block Party – July 14th, 2024.
The original Sunday-Funday party is even more fun on the Sunday of San Diego Pride.
The San Diego Parade & Route
- Saturday July 13th 2024 – 10 am to 3 pm – San Diego Pride leaves from the Hillcrest Pride Flag at University Ave. and Normal St., proceeds west on University Ave., turns south on 6th Ave., turns left onto Balboa Dr. and ends at Quince Dr.
- Watch for the military contingent, which includes active duty and veteran service members. Be sure to cheer them on at the parade when the contingent passes by!
- What’s a parade without a marching band? Over 200 Southern California youth make up the Pride Youth Marching Band, which will perform down the San Diego Pride Parade route. And it wouldn’t be a Pride parade without motorcycles – and lots of them! Listen for the revving of the engines, and watch the Motorcycle Contingent cruise by as part of the procession.
- It’s tradition to close out the San Diego Pride Parade with the giant rainbow flag! As always, everyone is welcome to join in and help carry the flag to the San Diego Pride Music Festival.
- Stay close to all the pride festivities in the Downtown district, home to some of the city’s better hotels and just 8 minutes from the gay bars. Stay at The Bristol, a boutique hotel located at the crossroads of the city’s most vibrant neighbourhoods.
The Pride Music Festival
- Saturday, July 13th – Sunday, July 14th 2024 – Don’t miss the San Diego Pride Music Festival on Saturday (11 am–10 pm) and Sunday (11 am–9 pm), during which some 40,000 revelers of all ages and backgrounds dance and celebrate to performances by more than 100 musicians on four different stages. This is a ticketed event.
- Stay close to the park with more than 70 nearby hotels and some stunning condos with great views.
Where to stay during San Diego Pride?
The following hotels are close to San Diego’s popular attractions and a short ride to the gay bars and clubs:
Gay Map of San Diego
The gay scene in San Diego is located mostly in the trendy Hillcrest neighborhood, just northeast of Balboa Park and a short drive or cab ride from downtown. Several others are in the districts just to the east of Hillcrest: University Heights and Normal Heights.
Recommended Hotels in San Diego
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in San Diego that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Pendry San Diego
4 Star, Fab Pool
- 4 Star – Restaurant, Outdoor Pool, Fitness Center
- Close to the gay district
- Free WiFi, 24-hour front desk, very good breakfast
- Offers restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, fitness center, bar, free WiFi, 24-hour front desk, and room service.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4 Star – Sundeck, Outdoor Games, Spa Services
- Close to the gay district
- Flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee machine
- Features sundeck with games, spa services, swimming pool, rooms with flat-screen TVs, refrigerators, and coffee machines.
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
3 Star, Great Value
- 3 Star – Historical European-Style, Marble Architecture
- Close to the gay district
- Seating area, Flat screen cable TV, DVD player
- Historical hotel with European style, marble architecture, stylish rooms with seating areas, cable TVs, and DVD players.
Inn at the Park
3 Star, Location
- 3 Star – Located On Balboa Park West Edge
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Piano bar, fully equipped kitchen facilities, spacious
- Unique suites on Balboa Park West edge, piano bar, traditional historic charm, spacious suites with kitchen facilities.
Video Of San Diego Gay Pride
2017 San Diego Pride Parade Montage