From: Friday, July 12, 2024
To: Sunday, July 14, 2024
Rocky Mountain Regional Gay Rodeo 2024
The Rocky Mountain Regional Gay Rodeo is one of the country’s best and biggest gay-centric rodeos.
- Visiting Denver for The Rodeo? Stay in the heart of downtown and take a ride share to the Rodeo Grounds. The Grand Hyatt Denver is rated “Fabulous” by guests with a modern gym, spacious rooms and beautiful indoor pool.
- Rocky Mountain Regional Gay Rodeo features classic events including riding, dogging and barrel racing, along with royalty crownings for multiple genders.
- The city of Denver is full of hot cowboys out for a weekend of classic rodeo run during the day and hot action at night. Phew!
- The annual rodeo, hosted by the Colorado Gay Rodeo Association, is a three-day competition that includes all the timed and livestock events of a typical rodeo, mixed with unique contests, royalty crownings, and drag performances.
- The Rocky Mountain Regional Gay Rodeo, held at Arapahoe County Fairgrounds and Events in Aurora and gives a new meaning to cowboy culture. The exhibition centre and fairground comes complete with a 45,000 sq ft Rodeo area.
- The venue is just a 30 minute drive from Downtown Denver.
The Gay Rodeo Association
- Part of the International Gay Rodeo Association, Colorado’s branch has been running strong for 35 years. Since they are considered amateur rodeos, anyone of any gender can compete together in the same events. This helps to erase gender lines and make things inclusive for those who are non-binary or trans.
- With events like the “wild drag race” anyone can compete without a horse or prior rodeo experience.
- Denver’s gay scene is vibrant and diverse, offering a welcoming and inclusive environment for everyone. The city boasts several popular neighborhoods that serve as hubs for gay culture and entertainment.
- Check out the Cherry Creek, Capitol Hill and RiNo neighborhoods, home to some of the best gay bars and clubs in Denver.
- Capitol Hill stands out as a lively district, with its eclectic mix of bars, clubs, and LGBTQ+-owned businesses. The vibrant nightlife in this area attracts locals and visitors
- RiNo (River North) is known for its trendy art galleries, hip restaurants, and inclusive bars.
Recommended Hotels in Denver
The following hotels are close to all the city’s major attractions, bars and clubs.
Gay Map of Denver
Capitol Hill, a vibrant neighborhood located in East Denver, is also the city’s unofficial gayborhood. From Country/Western bars to dance clubs, there is a variety of nightlife options to discover here, with hotels an easy walk to bars
booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Hotels in Denver By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Denver that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star – Central Location
- 5-Star, Elegant Suites, Mountain Views
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- iPod docking, flat-screen TV
- Luxurious suites with stunning views & a full-service spa, ideal for a pampered Denver stay.
Grand Hyatt Denver
4 Star – Luxury
- 4-Star, Indoor Pool, On-Site Restaurant
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, free WiFi
- Comfortable rooms with modern amenities, indoor pool, close to Denver attractions.
4 Star – Great Amenities
- 4-Star, Rooftop Pool, Fully Equipped Fitness Centre
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- 37-inch TV, gift shop
- Offers rooftop pool with city views & a state-of-the-art fitness centre, perfect for a Denver visit.
4 Star – Perfect Location
- 4-Star, Outdoor Pool, Business Center
- Close to the gay district
- Cable TV, ergonomic desk chair
- Features an outdoor pool, modern business amenities, & comfortable rooms in a prime location.
Video Of Rocky Mountain Gay Rodeo
Competing with pride at the Gay Rodeo