From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Rio Gay Pride 2024 Paradise Pride… by the beach in Copacabana!
Rio Gay Pride or Orgulho LGBT Rio as it is know in Brazil, is promoted by Rio-based Grupo Arco-Íris de Conscientização Homossexual, or the Rainbow Group for Homosexual Awareness, a non-governmental organization whose mission is to join people committed to advancing awareness of diversity and to help build a world without sexual prejudice and discrimination.
- Rio central hotels should be booked well in advance. Stay at the Emiliano Rio, a boutique hotel in the heart of Copacabana with spacious suites and rooms, high end amenities and perfect location for exploring the best of Rio.
Rio Pride Parade – Orgulho LGBT Rio
- Awaiting date – In the Rio de Janeiro LBGT Pride Parade, “trios elétricos”, or sound-wired trucks, make their way along the Copacabana beach while people party and dance on and around them.
- Visitors gather from 12 noon at Copacabana’s Posto 5, on the south side of the beach, near Ipanema. The walk continues along Avenida Atlântica , the leisure area lane, from Posto 5 , towards Posto 2 ( Praça do Lido ). Roads are closed from 11:55 pm on Saturday.
- Don’t miss the parade pre-party. Arrive early and enjoy live shows and performances featuring DJ’s, and Drag Queens and their carnival-like outfits, music concerts and much more.Arrive early and enjoy the beach while warming up.
- The parade is 1,3 miles long (2,1 kms.) taking in most of Copacabana Beach. So, take the opportunity to get a tan while partying.
- For great views stay at the Rio Othon Palace with a beautiful rooftop pool and located just steps from the beach.
Rio Pride Street Parties
- Rio hosts several block parties “bloqueos” and pride themed circuit events during the week leading up to the pride parade.
- Enjoy daily street parties and smaller parades each day, and every gay bar and club has a different party each night.
- For a more relaxed stay in Rio, consider Ipanema. The Arena Ipanema is rated “Excellent” by guests just metres from the beach, with excellent dining options, spacious rooms and rooftop infinity pool.
Rio Gay Parties (Bars and Clubs)
- Boho – Instagram – Picture this: A recurring party that plays hard-to-get with its address? That’s Boho for you. Rio’s trendsetters swear by it, and trust us, we’ve danced there too. You’ll find a diverse crowd, with a flair for gay friendliness. Catch the vibe especially during big holiday weekends when it tilts gayer. Often held at Sacadura 154, just a quick 20-minute drive from the iconic Copacabana. Bring your dancing shoes!
- Home, The Club – Instagram – Been to Rio’s hottest gay parties? You’ve probably been to The Home Rio. Reignited from the legacy of The Week, it hosts headliners like 18+, Biggerland, and more. Get ready for the power-packed combination of Circuit Boys, electrifying Air Cannons, sleek shows, and impeccable lighting.
- Treta Fest – Instagram – Authentically Brazilian, extravagantly Rio! This party often brings down the house in some of Rio’s quirkiest venues. From tempting dancers and drag queens to thrilling live shows, you’re in for a fest! And oh, their pop-up parties at Pink Flamingo? Legendary!
- Galeria Cafe – Instagram – Confession time: Galeria Cafe isn’t really a cafe. But, located right in Ipanema’s pulse, it’s one of the spots we can’t resist when in Rio. Eclectic DJ mixes from club hits to campy pop tunes make every night feel like a theme party.
- Up Turn Bar – Instagram – By day, a restaurant. By weekend, a pulsating nightclub! Nestled in Barra da Tijuca, one of Rio’s plush neighbourhoods, it’s a haven for the LGBTQ+ community. Plus, the drag queens? Show-stoppers! And it’s just a 35-minute drive from Copacabana.
- Pink Flamingo – Instagram – The fresh face on Rio’s gay bar scene. Doors swing open at 7 pm, and every night is a new tale with their themed parties. And yes, those dashing Cariocas you’ve heard about? You’ll find them here.
- Chá da Alice – Instagram – Step into a wonderland called Alice’s Tea Party. With characters like the Mad Hatter greeting you at the entrance and handing you a spicy tea-vodka concoction, it’s a heady blend of charm and fun. Held at Fundição Progresso, an architectural marvel. Just 17-minutes away from Copacabana.
- V de Viadão – Instagram – The renegade of Rio’s party scene! Unpredictable venues, spontaneous dates, and an aversion to the conventional. And trust us, their love for drag and eyeliner? Nothing short of infectious. Keep your eyes peeled for those beach flyers, you never know where the next party might be!
Recommended Hotels in Rio
The following Rio hotels are all close to the fun that is Rio
Gay Map of Rio
Most of Rips gay bars are located in Ipanema and Copacabana. Ipanema’s gayest nightspot is on the beach block of Rua Teixeira de Melo, next to Farme.
Along Copacabana beach there is a traditionally gay-friendly area known as Bolsa, near Lido. Hustlers are pretty much part of the scene, and you should keep a good hold on your wallet
Recommended Hotels in Rio By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Rio that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Boasting a rooftop pool with stunning sea views, Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro offers luxurious beachfront accommodations on Ipanema Beach. The property also offers a spa and wellness centre. Elegantly decorated, rooms feature a balcony, air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, a minibar and a private bathroom with bath or shower.
5 Star, Readers Choice
The elegant 5-star Copacabana Palace, A Belmond Hotel, Rio de Janeiro offers luxurious rooms with marbled bathrooms. All offer king-size beds, free use of internet and a free pair of Havaianas flip flops and panoramic ocean views, located on Rio de Janeiro’s Copacabana Beachfront. Services include a wellness spa and 3 gastronomic restaurants.
5 Star, Great Value
Located right across from the famous Copacabana Beach, the Miramar Hotel by Windsor features a green granite pool and a modern gym. Offers butler service and free WiFi. Guests can start the day with a rich breakfast. Room here comes equipped with air conditioning, a flat-screen cable TV, safe and minibar. The bathroom includes toiletries and a bathrobe.
4 Star, Location
Facing Copacabana Beach and within 800 m from Ipanema Beach, Orla Copacabana Hotel features free WiFi, a rooftop pool and a restaurant. It offers panoramic views of Sugar Loaf Mountain and the ocean. Rooms at Orla Copacabana display neutral colours and modern décor. They provide air conditioning, cable TV and a minibar. Some also offer scenic ocean views.
Video Best of Gay Rio
Discover the best of gay Rio with Your Gay Guide.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Rio de Janeiro
Gay Rio de Janeiro, a city that pulses with energy, celebrates diversity, and embraces the LGBTQ+ community with open arms. Nestled between lush mountains and stunning beaches, Rio de Janeiro is not only a tropical paradise but also a haven for those seeking a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. From the iconic Copacabana and Ipanema beaches to the lively Lapa district, gay Rio de Janeiro offers a kaleidoscope of experiences.
Ipanema | The heart of Rio’s beauty
- Ipanema, a neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro that’s known for its LGBTQ+ friendly vibe and diverse community.
- Nestled alongside the iconic Ipanema Beach, this area has become a hub for LGBTQ+ travelers and locals alike.
- With its relaxed beach culture, a range of LGBTQ+-owned businesses where you can enjoy the sand and surf during the day and explore the local nightlife after dark.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Ipanema
The iconic beachfront of Copacabana has a variety of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments & a diverse crowd.
Leblon is known for its beautiful beach, high-end shops, restaurants, bars and the best hotels in Rio