From: Saturday, Sep 3rd, 2022
To: Saturday, Sep 3rd, 2022
Rick Sena presents Sunrise Labor Day Weekend 2022
Get ready for the return of Sunrise, the number one gay rooftop event in New York City.
Sunrise, produced by legendary promoter, Rick Sena, takes to the roofs of NYC once more for a Labor Day Sunday to remember. At The Roof on 74 Wythe Avenue, Brooklyn from noon until 10pm. Enjoy a spectacular views and dance the evening away with the hottest guys in the city and beyond as New York says goodbye to Summer.
- The Rooftop at 74 Wythe is a spectacular 5,000-square-foot multilevel Rooftop. Take in sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline from four terraced levels, each with its own unique layout: Main Deck, North Terrace, East Deck, and Crow’s Nest.
- Stay at the actual venue and save time! The Wythe Hotel is a beautiful 4 star hotel, housed in a converted 100-year old factory and is located on the Brooklyn waterfront. It’s industrial character has been preserved and some rooms still showcase exposed brick walls.
- Brooklyn is one of the most hip boroughs in NYC and has something for everyone on the queer spectrum with a rich diversity of cuisine, people and even languages. The borough is easy to get to from Manhatttan and is home to hip hotels, great restaurants and fun gay bars and clubs.
- Brooklyn’s most popular gay bar is Metropolitan, a busy dive bar with events all week long, including drag shows every night together with great happy hour specials. Down the street you will find another popular dive bar, Macri Park. Peole tend to move from one bar to the other throughout the night.
- You should also check out The Rosemont with a spacious patio and a relaxed vibe. If you want to be close to all the action stay at The Hampton Inn Brooklyn, a charming 3 star hotel with excellent breakfast and comfortable rooms.
We have chosen hotels within walking distance of some of the gay bars, and a short taxi ride to the others.
Gay Map of New York
Most of the gay bars are located in the Christopher Street and Time square areas; we have found hotels closes to the gay bars in each area that have the best revues with our hotel partner Booking.com
Recommended Apartments in New York City
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All units include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. There is also a dining area and a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher and oven. There is a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hair dryer in each unit. Towels are offered.
AKA Central Park
1 & 2 Bedroom
AKA Central Park offers studio, 1-2 bedroom, and penthouse suites with living areas and fully-equipped kitchens. Amenities and services include a lounge, meeting space, and complimentary WiFi. A minute’s walk away from 5th Avenue
Furnished Quarters at The Olivia features accommodation 200 m from Madison Square Garden. Complimentary WiFi is provided. All air-conditioned units include a fully equipped kitchen, allowing guests to prepare meals.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. A dishwasher, microwave and fridge
Recommended Hotels in New York
Most of the best hotels are located in the downtown region and are just a short journey from the main gay village.
The New York EDITION
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the iconic landmark Metropolitan Life Clock Tower, The New York EDITION offers a Michelin star restaurant and free WiFi access.
CitizenM 4 Star
Located right in the heart of Manhattan, this hotel is just 1 minute’s walk from Times Square and within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Park
4 Star, Luxury
Each room at the hotel is sized at 150 square feet and is fitted with a refrigerator, flat-screen cable TV, work desk and complimentary WiFi.
4 Star, Artsy Vibe
Featuring a rooftop garden terrace, Cassa Hotel Times Square offers free WiFi access. Each room offers a flat-screen TV & a minibar.