From: Thursday, August 29, 2024
To: Sunday, September 1, 2024
REYKJAVIK BEAR 2024 – August sees temperatures rise on the ice!
Every September, Reykjavik,the Icelandic capital sees saw an influx of hairy and hunky men for what was once known as “Bears on Ice”. It is an annual gay gathering of bears, chasers and admirers.
- For a boutique stay, consider the Hotel Sand, offering stylish rooms in the heart of the city with comfortable beds, bathrobes, luxury toiletries, a fitness centre and excellent location.
- Together with the usual evening parties and discos, the event includes some amazing sight-seeing tours to the best attractions in the country.
- Reykjavik bears is a friendly social event where you get to experience Iceland and have fun with like minded guys from all over the world. They also organize smaller social events throughout the year.
- Highlight include a Golden Circle tour to enjoy the Gullfoss waterfall and local hot geysers.
- Saturday also includes a group trip to the popular Blue Lagoon, a natural, geothermal spa that draws in visitors from around the world.
- The event itself is small and intimate, with just under 150 guests, but the number is growing each year with visitors coming from Australia, Brazil and Taiwan, as well as the US and Europe.
- Stay close to the gay bars of Reykjavik at the Konsulat Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests featuring spacious rooms, a modern gym and excellent location.
- The gay bars are on Laugavegur, a popular street in the heart of Reykjavik. Check out the top hotels close to the gay bars.
- Marbar – home to the Bear Opening Party. Party of Rio and serving a Icelandic craft beers, local snaps, wine and cocktails.
- Hurra – the RVK Bear Club Night and popular live music venue.
- Gaukurinn – The Friday Top Off Party. Gaukurinn hosts local bands, drag shows and is located in the downtown district.
- Jomfruin – Perfect for a bear brunch. Long running restaurant in the centre of Reykjavik serving a great selection of Danish Smørrebrød along with Danish and Scandinavian main courses with a spacious outdoor terrace.
- Discover the best places to stay and play with our comprehensive gay guide to Reykjavik.
Where to stay in Reykjavik?
The following hotels are close to the city’s gay bars and top attractions:
Recommended Hotels in Reykjavik By Bookning
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Reykjavik that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Canopy by Hilton
4 Star, Luxury
Located just a 2-minute walk from Laugavegur Shopping Street, and Offering a fitness centre and a bar. Each room features minimalist Icelandic design and comes with a coffee machine. A walk-in shower and free toiletries. A desk or seating area & WiFi is free. A buffet breakfast is available every morning & you can taste locally inspired menus at the hotel restaurant.
Alda Hotel Reykjavík
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located on Laugavegur shopping street in central Reykjavik, this hotel offers modern rooms with a flat-screen TV and free WiFi access. Hallgrimskirkja Church is a 5-minute walk away. All guest rooms at Alda Hotel Reykjavík have a private bathroom with a bath or shower, hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms feature a private balcony with sea or city views.
4 Star, Great Value
Hotel Odinsve is 400 m from Laekjartorg Square in central Reykjavik. It offers free Wi-Fi internet. All rooms have satellite TV, hardwood floors and a tea/coffee maker. Hotel Odinsve’s rooms also have luxury duvets and pillows by Kronborg. Some rooms offer city views. facilities include a terrace, a café bar and a 2nd floor balcony offering city views.
ION City Hotel
4 Star, Location
Located on Laugavegur shopping street, ION City Hotel offers accommodation in Reykjavík, with a fitness centre and restaurant. The Einar Jónsson Museum and Hallgrímskirkja Church are 500 m away. Certain units have a seating area to relax in after a busy day. Certain rooms feature views of the sea or city. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels is offered.
Video Of Reykjavik Bear
Reykjavik Bear Highlights