From: Friday, December 1, 2023
To: Sunday, December 3, 2023
Kick Start your celebrations with a Gay Christmas Festival – Provincetown style!
Provincetown Holly folly is a weekend long festival of fun holiday market, shopping, dance parties, sing-alongs, drag-bingo events and cultural activities to kick start your Christmas celebrations.
- Although it is off season, weekends in PTown fill up, especially for special events, so book your hotel in advance as you would in the Summer season. Check out the Foxberry Inn, a charming hotel with great rooms, excellent breakfast options and charming hosts.
Holly Folly Follies
- Awaiting Dates – The Gayest Holiday Show in Town takes over tow town hall in a benefit for the Business Guild. Don’t miss this all-star line-up that includes some of your favorite Provincetown talents to help celebrate the season.
Holly Folly Gallery Stroll
- Awaiting Dates – Many of Provincetown’s galleries are still open to find the perfect gift during this special holiday stroll – join the members of the Provincetown Art Gallery Association for this annual art event. Check participating galleries.
Santa Speedo Run
- Typically on the Sunday – 10 pm to 2 pm – Get those abs in shape and perhaps meet the love of your life in the Jingle Bell/Santa Speedo Run, a 1 mile run down the center of town, with proceeds benefiting the Cape Cod Firefighter/EMS Cancer Relief Fund.
- Folks will gather at Fanizzi’s for coffee, strip down, and run through Provincetown to the Lobster Pot Tree before climbing into their favorite onesie for a Brew Brunch at Provincetown Brewing Co.
- Book your stay at the Carpe Diem Guest House, rated “Superb” by our readers and located right by Commercial St, close to all the Holly Folly activities.
- Awaiting Dates – 10.30 am to 2.30 pm – The Soup Kitchen in Provincetown (SKIP’s) annual Holly Folly fundraiser! Local businesses donate soul-warming soups to be ladled off at $8 a bowl Tin Pan Alley. You can also get cold quarts of soup at the Firehouse (256 Commercial St.) next to Town Hall.
The Lobster Pot Christmas Tree
- Finally, make sure you check out the unique Christmas Tree of PTown, made from Lobster Pots, we guarantee you have never seen at tree like this one!
Holly Folly Venues
- Town Hall, 260 Commercial St – Grand old building, still an operating town hall, with offices on the lower floor. The community space and concert hall, complete with wraparound balcony host shows and performances throughout the year.
- Vault @ Crown & Anchor, 247 Commercial Street – The Vault is a landmark cruisy hangout for the Bear, Leather and Uniform crowds, with hot guys, pulsing music and boot-black station.
- Tin Pan Alley 269 Commercial Street – Restaurant, bar and piano lounge located in the historic center of Provincetown, serving seasonal American cuisine.
Where to stay for Christmas in Provincetown
Check out our editors top choices on where to stay in PTown:
Day by Day Schedule
Gay Map of Provincetown
Provincetown itself has two main drags, Commercial Street and Bradford Street. P’town can be divided into three sections, the quiet and peaceful West End, the bustling downtown center, and the East End, which has a number of galleries and guesthouses.
Recommended Hotels in Provincetown By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Provincetown that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Anchor Inn Beach
4 Star, Luxury
This Provincetown property features rooms equipped with refrigerators and free Wi-Fi. The Pilgrim Monument and Park are within a 10-minute walk of the property. Rooms are uniquely decorated and with large windows and balconies at the Anchor Inn Beach House. The rooms have antique-style furnishings and white bedding.
4 Star, Readers Choice
The Beaconlight Guest House features rooms with an en suite bathroom, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, and a refrigerator. The rooms are furnished with bright colors and inviting décor, and offer plush bathrobes. Guests can relax in the on-site outdoor hot tub or enjoy the summertime flower gardens
Inn at Cook Street
4 Star, Great Value
Located in the heart of Provincetown’s art gallery district, the historic Inn at Cook Street was originally built in 1836. It features unique, individually decorated guest rooms & serves a daily hot breakfast. Each guest room is decorated with original local artwork & offers antique furnishings. A flat-screen TV & en suite bathroom
Hotel at Gabriel’s
4 Star, Location
located in the heart of Provincetown, Massachussets, boasts a large courtyard and gardens as well as free WiFi access. Every room at The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s features a a cable TV. Many rooms have a fireplace. They are uniquely decorated in warm colours, plush bedding, and wood furnishings. Select rooms offer a balcony.
Video Of Holly Folly Provincetown
Holly Folly Provincetown