From: Friday, September 6, 2024
To: Sunday, September 8, 2024
Pride in Oaklawn & Cedar Springs Dallas 2024
Pride in Dallas hosts a week-long celebration of love with various events throughout Cedar Springs and Oaklawn.
- Stay in the heart of the gay district at the Warwick Melrose hotel rated “Fabulous” by guests with a beautiful outdoor pool, luxurious rooms and superb service.
Pride in Oaklawn & Cedar Springs
- Friday Sept 6th – Sunday Sept 8th, 2024 – Pride in Dallas is a 100% volunteer-based organization formed through the overwhelming support of the local LGBTQ+ community.
- The event aims to celebrate Pride in the original Dallas gay neighbourhoods and is a separate event from the Dallas Pride June celebration in Fair Park.
- Enjoy nightly theme parties and events throughout the week at The Round-Up Saloon, Dallas Woody’s and Cedar Springs Tap House.
Events in the Gay District
- Awaiting line up of events for 2024.
- Events typically kick off on the Sunday with a Pride Week Brunch at the Tap House. Hapy hours continue on Mondays at the Round up all day Monday.
- Enjoy show tunes at Woodys on Tuesday followed by Singles Night at JRs on Wednesday.
- Head to Lava on Thursday for a late night party.
- Friday, celebrate the start of the big weekend with a rainbow road Bar Crawl along all the gay bars on Cedar Springs.
- Saturday night enjoy a special late night pride event at S4.
Dallas Rainbow Road Parade
- Sunday – Sept 8th 2024 – Dallas Rainbow Road Parade returns to Cedar Springs on the final Sunday of the week-long event.
- The parade kicks off at 2 pm and ends at 4 pm, followed by an after party which runs until 6 pm.
- The parade starts at the corner of Douglas ave and Cedar Springs and ends at Oak Lawn Ave.
- Featuring guest Grand Marshals and hosts. Go VIP and watch the parade at The Rose Room.
- Stay close to the pride celebrations at the Canopy Hotel, rated “Fabulous” with spacious rooms and stunning city views.
Pup Pride March
- Sunday – Sept 8th 2024 – 14.00 – Calling all Pups, Pets, and Handlers! Join DFW PaHs and walk 2gether with the pup community in the 2024 parade to celebrate PRIDE! Meeting Point TMC.
- Sunday – To be confirmed – Love Loud Dallas – Beardance and Purple Foundation combine their efforts to bring you a unique celebration during Dallas Pride.
- Cedar Springs Road is a prime gathering place for Dallas’ LGBT community and is just minutes from Downtown Dallas and Uptown.
- Oak Lawn is known for its lively atmosphere and adventurous nightlife and plays host to numerous gay events, including the Oaklawn Halloween Block Party.
Places to Party during Oaklawn & Cedar Springs Dallas
- Alexandre’s – One of the best piano bars and live entertainment venues in the neighbourhood with expertly mixed craft cocktails.
- Barbara’s Pavilion – Located in Oak Cliff, the karaoke, snacks, pool table and fun theme nights.
- Cedar Springs Tap House – Full-service restaurant, piano bar and home to the famous weekend hangover brunch.
- Dallas Woody’s – Two-story expansive sports bar with a double-decker patio, perfect for people watching.
- Havana – Latin bar and restaurant with disco dancing, drag shows and drink specials.
- Hidden Door – Bears, back patio barbecues, beer busts, and bargain booze in one of the friendliest bars in town.
- JR’s Bar & Grill – Two-story video bar with wrap-around balcony and delicious lunchtime menu. A must-stop on any visit to Oaklawn.
- Kaliente – Party every night until 2 am with weekend drag shows and Saturday Rumba.
- Lava Lounge – Vegas style lounge with late night parties from Thursdays to Sundays.
- Liquid Zoo – Bar and grill with drag divas, gogo dancers and live music.
- Marty’s Live – High energy nightclub with hot sexy dancers, drag performers and great music.
- Mr Misster – Upscale lounge with bottle service drag brunch Saturday and an opulent vibe.
- Peckers Bar – Daily happy hour with famous Friday and Saturday Karaoke nights. A little off the strip, but worth a visit.
- The Rose Room – Full stage drag production in this second-floor, state-of-the-art showroom inside Station 4.
- Round-Up Saloon & Dance Hall – Iconic honky-tonk where folks in 10-gallon hats twirl around the dance floor like professionals. Featuring multiple bars, a double deck patio and sexy bar staff.
- Roy G’s -Popular corner bar and restaurant with seven colour shots and a busy outdoor patio.
- Station 4 – Features 15 different gay bars and is home to the biggest parties with disco balls, confetti cannons and 24,000 square feet of fun.
- Sue Ellen’s – A long-standing Lesbian Bar popular with all visitors featuring multiple bars, lounge areas, and a large dance floor.
- Tin Room – Gayborhood strip club featuring a lineup of professional eye candy dancing in cages and twirling around poles seven nights a week.
- TMC: The Mining Company – Hot muscle boys mingle between the pool tables, intimate dance floor and two outdoor patios.
Recommended Hotels in Dallas
Stay close to the gay bars and pride celebrations at the following hotels
Gay Map of Dallas
Texans are proud to say that everything is bigger in the Lone Star State. One visit to “The Strip,” the center of gay life along Cedar Springs Road, and you will see what we mean. The nightlife venues are gargantuan! Every place has at least one outdoor patio.
Recommended Hotels in Dallas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Dallas that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Hotel Crescent Court
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, Modern Styling, Private Balcony with views
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, iPod docking
- Luxurious rooms with modern amenities & private balconies, perfect for a lavish Dallas stay.
4 Star, Excellent Gym
- 4-Star, Historic Mansion, On-Site Restaurant
- Close to the gay district
- Plasma TV, stocked minibar
- A beautifully restored historic mansion offering elegance & upscale dining in uptown Dallas.
Warwick Melrose Hotel
4 Star, Luxury Feel
- 4-Star, Contemporary Amenities, Room Service
- Close to the gay district
- Pay film, refreshment centre
- Enjoy contemporary comforts & excellent room service in a luxurious & convenient setting.
Hotel ZaZa 4 Star
- 4-Star, Artistic Decor, Fine Dining Restaurant
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Work desk, refrigerator, cable TV
- Unique art & Mediterranean decor in each room, with an extravagant restaurant & fitness centre.
Video – Oaklawn and Cedar Springs Guide
Discover the best of gay dallas in Oaklawn and Cedar Springs Road
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Dallas
Dallas, where cowboy charm meets urban chic! For the gay traveller, Dallas is a rhinestone-studded paradise where the LGBTQ+ community thrives. Dive into Oak Lawn, the city’s vibrant gayborhood, where you can two-step in a country saloon by night and brunch under twinkling fairy lights in the afternoon.
Oak Lawn | Silver Springs Road
- The heart of the LGBTQ+ community beats loudly in the Oak Lawn area, especially along Cedar Springs Road, the city’s main gay district.
- Oak Lawn has been the epicentre of Dallas’s LGBTQ+ community since the 1970s and remains one of the most gay-friendly areas in the whole state of Texas.
- The neighbourhood hosts its own special Cedar Springs Road Pride celebrations each year in September.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Dallas
Home to the city’s skyscrapers, historic buildings, top museums and famous main street trolleys.
Arts and entertainment district, Deep Ellum, is known for its murals, music venues, and eclectic vibe.