From: Thursday, August 29, 2024
To: Monday, September 2, 2024
Dragon Con Atlanta 2024
Dragon Con Atlanta is the city’s perfect excuse to dress as their favorite superheroes and animated princesses during the Labor Day Weekend attracting over 80,000 visitors.
- Visiting for Dargon Con? Stay in one of the host hotels, The Hyatt Regency Atlanta, featuring spacious rooms, an outdoor pool and perfect location, close to all the confrence activities.
- Dragon Con Atlanta bills itself the largest multimedia, pop culture convention focusing on science fiction & fantasy, gaming, comics, literature, art, music, and film in the universe.
- The event brings together fans across multiple genres including literature, television & movies, comics and gaming, for 5 days of fun in one single convention.
- There are also special LGBTQ panels at the convention during the 4 days.
- For many Dragon Con fans, the quality of the cosplay and costuming distinguishes this one convention from all the others.
- Over the years, Labor Day weekend has become a four-day parade of the finest costumes that fans from across the country can muster, many bringing several costumes so that they have something different to wear each day of the convention.
- Cosplayers tend to save their best for the nighttime, though, promenading through the hotel lobbies and posing for photos.
- The gay bars and clubs of Atlanta are packed with hot sexy superheroes and villains and many host special theme nights and special events including the Spectrum Party, the Superhero Underwear party and the “Rocky Horror Picture Show” Live.
Where is Dragon Con Held?
Dragon Con Dragon Con will be held in five host hotels including:
- Hyatt Regency Atlanta
- Atlanta Hilton
- Sheraton Atlanta
- Atlanta Marriott Marquis
- Westin Peachtree Plaza Hotel in downtown Atlanta
What are the hours for the Dragon Con Convention?
- The Dragon Con convention opens at 5 p.m. on Thursday and runs around the clock until 5 p.m. on Monday.
The Dragon Con Parade
- Each year, Dragon Con presents parade that is talked about for at least the next twelve months where you can see everything that you can possibly imagine!
- The Dragon Con Parade takes place on Saturday at 10 a.m. on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta.
Recommended Atlanta Hotels
The following hotels are close to all the city’s top attractions and a short ride to the gay bars in Midtown.
Map of Gay Atlanta
The Atlanta gay population lives, works and plays all over the city and even into the suburbs. Midtown has several of the city’s most popular gay bars like Blake’s, Burkhart’s Pub, Bulldogs and Swinging Richards. The Atlanta LBGT populace is also partially responsible for the resurgence of Grant Park in the 1980s. The historic neighborhood was falling into ruins when members of the community started scooping up properties, renovating and restoring them to their original glory. This fever pitch trickled over into the neighborhoods of East Atlanta, Ormewood Park and the Old Fourth Ward. These are all eclectic, funky and tolerant neighborhoods, like most of Atlanta.
Recommended Hotels in Atlanta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partners Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Atlanta that keep you close to all the Action, shops, restaurants & bars
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5 Star, Luxurious, downtown location, elegant rooms.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Elegant rooms with feather beds.
- Stay for luxury in the heart of Atlanta, with upscale amenities & convenient downtown access.
4 Star, Charming B&B
- 4 Star, Historic, gourmet breakfast, cozy atmosphere.
- Close to the gay district.
- Flat-screen TV, iPod station.
- Ideal for a charming, intimate experience with gourmet breakfast & historic ambiance.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4 Star, Boutique hotel, rooftop bar, city views.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, 37-inch TV.
- Offers great value with a stylish rooftop bar & modern rooms in a vibrant neighborhood.
The Glenn Hotel
3 Star, Great Location
- 3 Star, Modern, city skyline views, rooftop lounge.
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars.
- Spacious rooms, iPod docking.
- Perfect for experiencing Atlanta’s skyline from a rooftop lounge, with modern amenities, central location.
Dragon Con Atlanta
Dragon Con Cosplay Video
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Atlanta
Atlanta has a vibrant and inclusive LGBTQ+ community, and it’s often considered one of the most LGBTQ+-friendly cities in the United States. The city was home to some early LGBTQ+ activist organizations, and it played a significant part in the fight for LGBTQ+ rights.
Midtown | The heart of the city’s gay community
- Midtown Atlanta is often considered the heart of the city’s gay community.
- It’s home to many gay bars, clubs, and businesses, including the famous Atlanta Pride Festival.
- The intersection of 10th Street and Piedmont Avenue is often referred to as the epicenter of gay life in Atlanta.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Atlanta
This eclectic neighborhood is known for its welcoming atmosphere & diverse community. Home to several gay-friendly bars, restaurants, & shops.
Downtown Atlanta offers a variety of shopping options for both residents & visitors. With upscale boutiques, unique stores and famous attractions.