From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Oslo Bear Weekend 2024
Oslo Bear Weekend is an annual event held during the Oslo Gay Pride festivities, in the capital of Stockholm and brings together bears from across Scandinavia and beyond for a weekend of fun as the city.
Oslo Bear Weekend Events
- Oslo Bear Weekend is coordinated by “Norway Bars”. The group produces events across the country and the bear pride meeting is one of the highlights of the year.
- The event features a bear stage in Pride Park, picnic the first weekend, their own section in the parade the following weekend and a big party Saturday evening.
- Bears like to gather on the Friday of the final weekend at Trappa Pub, an intimate bar where it is easy to mingle and meet your fellow bears, friends and admirers.
Where to stay?
- Enjoy a whole weekend with bearded hot bears from Oslo and beyond as the bears get ready to party after months of hibernation.
- The best location in Oslo for gay travelers to stay, is in the compact city center, is close to all the top tourist sites and attractions of the Oslo gay scene.
Recommended Hotels in Oslo
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action:
Gay Map of Oslo
The vast majority of the city’s nightlife dually caters to both hetero and homosexuals, in allotted weekly club nights or in a laid-back free-for-all which is really refreshing. There’s a gay scene too, though; one accessible to every taste. Alongside British-named venues like The London and Brighton, there are bear-specific clubs, Europe’s biggest ladies’ night, and the bi-weekly chafing of Scandinavian leather man parties.
Recommended Hotels in Washington DC
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Washington DC that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Opened in 1874, Grand Hotel is located in Oslo’s city centre, only 500 m from the Royal Palace. Karl Johan high street and luxury boutiques. The individually designed guest rooms offer flat-screen TVs. A rooftop bar with panoramic views and an on-site restaurant. Guests can enjoy free access to Artesia spa on weekdays, provided there is free capacity.
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in Oslo’s bustling city centre, this 37-storey hotel features a state-of-the-art gym, a rooftop restaurant and modern rooms with free Wi-Fi. Oslo Central Station is 100 m away. All rooms include a writing desk, satellite TV and a tea/coffee maker. The 34 Restaurant & SkyBar offers a variety of à la carte dishes as well as an extensive wine list.
Thon Hotel Cecil
4 Star, Great Value
This central yet quiet hotel is next to Stortinget and Oslo’s main street, Karl Johans Gate. Guests can enjoy free WiFi internet access and a popular breakfast buffet. Thon Hotel Cecil’s guest rooms feature a minibar and a Smart-function TV. Many include a seating area. Free hot drinks are available in the lobby around the clock
3 Star, Location
This hotel is 3 minutes’ walk from Oslo’s main shopping street, Karl Johans Gate. It offers free WiFi and bright rooms with a smart TV and heated bathroom floors. Some rooms also feature tea/coffee facilities. Park Inn by Radisson Oslo offers a daily breakfast buffet. Staff will happily give directions or recommend local attractions.
24 hour tour of Oslo
discover the best of what the city has to offer!