From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Mr Eagle Weekend New York City Contest 2022
Celebrate the election of Mr Eagle New York city, each October with a weekend full of fun competitions, parties and events.
The Eagle NYC proudly hosts and sponsors Mr. Eagle NYC who represents New York City at the International Mr. Leather Competition (IML) in Chicago each May. The annual Mr. Eagle NYC Contest is held every first weekend of October at The Eagle NYC.
Contestants are judged by a panel of experts and former Mr Eagle winners. The selection process begins at the Meet and Greet on Friday evening and continues through to Saturday with interviews and on stage performances including the popular Jock Question time! The event ends with a Victory Ball on Sunday.
The show begins at 10pm and continues throughout the night.
- Section 1 – In this section, contestants introduce themselves to the audience as directed. Guys wear bar/cruise wear. This is an outfit that they might be wearing at a leather bar and cruising. This is more casual than Formal Leathers. Contestants come out one at a time and then as a group at the end for comparison judging.
- Section 2 – This is the audience’s favorite section. Contestants appear onstage in leather jock wear. This section is to determine how comfortable guys are in their natural skin. The question is a pop question that is used to test wit and quickness.
- Section 3 – In this section, contestants wear formal or dress leather. They have 3 minutes to give a speech on the topic of their choice.
On Sunday events end with a Victory celebration at The Eagle on the roof deck.
- The Eagle bar originally was a longshoreman’s pub called the Eagle Open Kitchen at 142 11th Avenue at 21st Street from 1931 to 1970. In 1969 the stonewall riots in Greenwich Village produced a new found pride in being gay and the closet doors were slowly opening. In 1970, the Eagle Open Kitchen was acquired by Jack Modica who turned the pub into a leather/ levi bar. With a few coats of black paint and an old beat up motorcycle for decoration, an institution was born.
- On Friday, October 5, 2001, The Eagle reopened at 554 W 28th Street. The overwhelming response evidenced by the long lines to get in testified to the enduring popularity of The Eagle. The current Eagle is housed in a two story building that was originally a horse stable dating back to the late 19th century. The mood is still dark and sleazy, the music is still heart pounding and the studs are still coming. The pool table is back as is that old beat up motorcycle. Mr. Eagle continues to compete at IML and the community service continues. Its roof deck opened in June of 2001.
Stay within walking distance of the venue a the Selina Chelsea New York, a 4-star hotel with modern rooms, centrally located in Chelsea Gallery district, one-half mile from High Line Park and the Hudson River
We have chosen hotels within walking distance of some of the gay bars, and a short taxi ride to the others.
Gay Map of New York
Most of the gay bars are located in the Christopher Street and Time square areas; we have found hotels closes to the gay bars in each area that have the best revues with our hotel partner Booking.com
Recommended Apartments in New York City
1 & 2 Bedrooms
All units include a flat-screen TV with cable channels. There is also a dining area and a kitchen fitted with a dishwasher and oven. There is a private bathroom with free toiletries and a hair dryer in each unit. Towels are offered.
AKA Central Park
1 & 2 Bedroom
AKA Central Park offers studio, 1-2 bedroom, and penthouse suites with living areas and fully-equipped kitchens. Amenities and services include a lounge, meeting space, and complimentary WiFi. A minute’s walk away from 5th Avenue
Furnished Quarters at The Olivia features accommodation 200 m from Madison Square Garden. Complimentary WiFi is provided. All air-conditioned units include a fully equipped kitchen, allowing guests to prepare meals.
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Accommodation is fitted with air conditioning and features a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a fully equipped kitchen with a dining area, and a private bathroom with a hairdryer. A dishwasher, microwave and fridge
Recommended Hotels in New York
Most of the best hotels are located in the downtown region and are just a short journey from the main gay village.
The New York EDITION
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the iconic landmark Metropolitan Life Clock Tower, The New York EDITION offers a Michelin star restaurant and free WiFi access.
CitizenM 4 Star
Located right in the heart of Manhattan, this hotel is just 1 minute’s walk from Times Square and within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Park
4 Star, Luxury
Each room at the hotel is sized at 150 square feet and is fitted with a refrigerator, flat-screen cable TV, work desk and complimentary WiFi.
4 Star, Artsy Vibe
Featuring a rooftop garden terrace, Cassa Hotel Times Square offers free WiFi access. Each room offers a flat-screen TV & a minibar.