From: Thursday, February 1, 2024
To: Sunday, February 4, 2024
Megacon Orlando 2024
Megacon Orlando is central Florida’s largest comic and media convention, drawing big names from the realms of TV, film, comics and more for a mammoth pop-culture fest held every year at the Orange County Convention Center.
- Stay close to the gay bars in the heart of Orlando and take a 16-minute ride share to the convention centre. Try the Grand Bohemian Hotel Orlando for a unique stay , just a short drive to the gay bars. The hotel has beautifully designed rooms, an superb outdoor pool and a modern gym.
- Everyone is a fan of something, and Megacon Orlando is a place to celebrate all things pop culture. Get an autograph or a photo with your favorite Guest then get the inside scoop about your favorite movies and TV shows at our celebrity panels!
- Watch professional comic artists battle it out in our popular Sketch Duels, learn from our “How To” workshops, and take photos with your favorite costumed characters! It’s also a great place to buy a unique gift (or treat yourself!) with a huge show floor for shopping madness.
- Megacon Orlando is held over four days with citywide events offering hundreds of thousands of fans the opportunity to meet world-renowned celebrities and dress up as their favorite character!
- Opening times: Thursday – 4 to 9 pm , Friday – 10 to 7 pm, Saturday – 10 to 7 pm, Sunday – 10 to 5 pm.
- Check out the top hotels closest to the convention centre.
- Tickets sell out fast so we advise you to purchase yours in advance. The celebrity Q&A sessions are always the busiest. Save yourself some time if you want to get a photo op with your chosen star and purchase a photo-op ticket along with your pass.
- Don’t miss the designated cosplay area. You’ll find people dressed to the nines in creatively elaborate costumes that depict characters from every fandom imaginable.
The Convention Center
- The Orlando Convention Center with some 2 million square feet of meeting space makes it the second largest Convention Center in the United States.
- Remember to pace yourself and plan your day ahead of schedule. Saturday is probably the busiest day of the event attracting more than 70,000 visitors.
- The journey takes approximately 15-25 minutes and the convention center is 10 miles from Orlando. I
- f you are driving, prepare for about 30 minutes wait time for parking. Alternatively grab a rideshare but be prepared for surge charging during peak times as the event is extremely popular.
- Stay at the “Fabulous” rated Rosen Hotel Convention centre with spacious rooms, a gym, pool and hot tub.
Orlando Gay Scene and Events during Megacon
Practically all the gay bars and clubs host special costume parties and theme nights during Megacon.
- In Orlando’s trendy Milk District, 10 minutes from downtown, Southern Nights is an LGBTQ+ nightclub that’s perfect for dancing the night away. The Milk District is also home to The Plaza Live, which is the only place to see performances by the Orlando Gay Chorus.
- At Savoy Orlando in the Ivanhoe Village district adjacent to downtown, the Men of Savoy dancers perform nightly, making this one of the area’s preeminent gay bars.
- More burlesque can be experienced at downtown’s Stardust Lounge, right next to beautiful Lake Eola Park.
- And in downtown’s Church Street District, you can take in an authentic drag show and other forms of entertainment while enjoying gourmet burgers and a full bar at Hamburger Mary’s Bar & Grille.
Trending Hotels in Orlando
The following Orlando hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s bustling night life and a short ride to the theme parks and attractions:
Gay Map of Orlando
Most of the gay bars are in Downtown so we have chosen Hotels close to all the gay bars in this area that have high reviews on booking.com our hotel partner . But please note that none of the gay bars are in walking distance of each other so you will need a car or a taxi.
Recommended Hotels in Orlando By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Orlando that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Grand Bohemian Hotel
4 Star, Luxury
Grand Bohemian towers over the Arts District in Orlando and has a rooftop swimming pool with panoramic views of the city. It offers luxurious accommodation and 2 fine dining restaurants. The guest rooms have lush velvet drapes and deeply toned Java wood. They come with a 37” flat-screen television
3 Star, Great Location
Located in the Orlando city centre, this hotel offers an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi. The Amway Center, a sporting and concert arena, is located 5 minutes’ drive from the property. A cable TV, small refrigerator, and coffee-making facilities are featured in all Orlando Aloft rooms.
3 Star, Great Value
A complimentary hot breakfast buffet, outdoor pool, and rooms with free WiFi are featured. A flat-screen cable TV, desk, and private bathroom are standard in every Downtown Orlando Comfort Suites room. A microwave, small refrigerator, and wardrobe are also provided.
Courtyard by Marriott
3 Star, Location
All guest rooms are non-smoking guestrooms and feature a cable TV, microwave, and small refrigerator. Some rooms also include a spa bath. With free in-room wireless internet access, on-site laundry facilities, and a fitness centre.Vending machines are also offered for added convenience.
Video Of highlights from Orlando Megacon
MegaCon Orlando 2019 We Had a Great Time