From: Monday, August 12, 2024
To: Sunday, August 18, 2024
Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade 2024
Charlotte Pride, the city’s largest and most colorful parade and festival celebrating the LGBTQ community, attracting over 200,000 visitors over the weekend.
- Looking to stay in Charlotte for a pride event? Check out the Omni hotel, just a short drive from the NoDa gay district with outdoor pool and “fabulous” rating. NoDa, short for North Davidson, is the city’s arts, entertainment and gay district.
The Pride Festival
- The Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade is the Queen City’s annual celebration of the LGBTQ community held in the heart of Uptown on Tryon Street each August.
Charlotte Pride Week
- August 12th – 18th 2024 – Charlotte Pride typically takes place in late August and is a week long series of events that culminates in the Festival and Parade on the Saturday and Sunday.
The Charlotte Pride Parade
- Sunday – August 18th, 2024 – The Charlotte Pride parade kicks off at 1pm and runs until 4pm. The route changes each year but is always held uptown.
- The parade is made up of a mixture of elaborate floats, individuals and groups dressed up in elaborate costumes. The event is open to everyone and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
- More than 40 floats and 170 groups will paint the town rainbow as they make their way down Tryon Street.The parade stops off at N. Tryon St. and 9th St. It then turns south on Tryon St. toward 4th St.
- The parade emcee stage stage is at 4th and Tryon Sts. The parade will disband on College St. between 4th and Trade Sts.
- Stay close to the parade at the “Superb” rates, The Ivey’s Hotel, with spacious rooms, delicious breakfast options and great location.
The Festival 2024
- August 17th – 18th 2024 – The Pride festival runs over the Saturday and Sunday and features a gay village complete with food trucks, stands and a huge stage with live performances throughout the evening.
- The Pride Festival takes place on S. Tryon St., between 3rd St. and the Levine Avenue of the Arts and runs on Saturday from 12 pm to 10 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has a fascinating history and a blooming cultural scene. The gay scene is small but vibrant, located in North Davidson.
- NoDa, as it is known locally, is Charlotte’s gay neighbourhood, just 10 minutes drive from some of the best uptown hotels.
- Leather lovers should try the Woodshed Bar, an unpretentious gay leather bar offering daily drink specials, diverse theme nights & a patio. The Scorpio is a longtime local favorite dance and show club. Nickel Bar is home to some of the hottest dancers in the Carolinas and Chasers comes a close second! Meanwhile, party every night of the week at Argon, an energetic gay bar & video lounge for cocktails, line dancing, trivia & karaoke nights.
- Sidelines Sports bar is one of the busiest of all the bars in Charlotte and is famous for its post-game celebrations! Who doesn’t want to celebrate with some hot jocks.
- Finally if you are looking for some great gay friendly dining options, check out Lupie’s Cafe, The Wine Vault and Popular Tapas at the Fourth Ward, offering delicious bites and tapas dishes.
Where to stay in Charlotte?
The following Charlotte hotels are close to the city’s top gay bars and pride festivities:
Gay Map of Charlotte
Recommended Hotels in Charlotte By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Boston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Ivey’s Hotel
5 Star – Luxury
- 5 Star – Exquisite Floating Bathtub
- Close to the gay district
- White marble en suite
- Choose for luxurious downtown experience, continental breakfast, & unique floating bathtub.
4 Star, Style
- 4 Star – Rooftop Bar Views
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Marble bathroom
- Stay for uptown style, rooftop cocktails, & park view suites with 24-hour service.
4 Star – Great Amenities
- 4 Star – Modern Decor, Club Lounge
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Modern decor, flat-screen TV
- Ideal for downtown access, complimentary WiFi, & rooms with modern amenities.
4 Star – Perfect Location
- 4 Star – Convention Center Access
- Close to the gay district
- State-of-the-art guestrooms
- Perfect for central location, direct convention center access, & connection to YMCA Health Club.
Video Of Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade
Thousands flood uptown streets for Charlotte