From: Thursday, February 8, 2024
To: Sunday, March 3, 2024
The hottest party in Africa’s Rainbow Nation!
When it comes to Gay Pride Cape Town has its own style, with hot winter sun, pristine beaches and the backdrop of Sugarloaf Mountain you just know it’s going to be magical.
- Visiting for Cape Town Pride? Stay in the Rockefeller Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests in a great location featuring fresh modern rooms and a superb fitness centre.
Cape Town Pride Program 2024
- The theme of Cape Town Pride changes each year. The Pride partners with Cape Town Carnival who will be lending some of their costumes to add extra fabulosity to the parade on the day of the event.
- The festival includes a variety of events such as drag shows, book launches, sporting events, film shows, poetry reading, and art exhibitions, the Mr and Miss Cape Town Pride Pageant, the annual Pink Party, several pool parties and the closing event.
- Stay close to the pride festival and after party at the O’Two Hotel Cape Town, with a beautiful heated deck rooftop pool, superb views and boutique design.
Cape Town Pride March 2024
- Saturday 2nd March 2024 – The March is scheduled to start at 11 am. Please note that the March cannot start without the presence of the City of Cape Town Traffic Police and without their permission. So please be patient.
- The pride parade gathers outside Prestwich Street Primary School in Alfred Street, De Waterkant. The parade starts at 11 am, proceeding along Prestwich Street, right into Chiappini Street and into Somerset Road.
- Groups will pause at the Rainbow Crossing for the official ribbon cutting to start the parade.It then proceeds along Somerset Road, through Green Point, around the Helen Suzman Boulevard circle, ending at the car park at the Green Point Track.
- Stay at the Gorgeous George Hotel, featuring 32 luxurious rooms in downtown Cape Town, a design hotel rated “wonderful” by guests with stylish rooms, a la carte breakfast and excellent location.
Cape Town Pride Mardi Gras Festival
- Following on from the Parade – Saturday 2nd March 2024 – Cape Town Pride are celebrating in style at the A-Track in Green Point from 11pm to 9pm, and it’s going to be bigger and better than before including a bigger stage, larger grounds, more stalls and a mix of local and international artists. Tickets are only available online, not at the gate.
- Stay close to Cape Town’s top attractions at the Upperbloem Guest House and Apartments, rated “Superb” by guests in the historic Bo-Kapp quarter, offering flawless views over the city and the bay.
Pride CTL Picnic
- Saturday 10th February, 2024 – The Pride Cape Town Picnic takes over Green Point Urban Park for a special afternoon celebration from 2 pm until 5 pm. Remember to pack a blanket and picnic basket! Free entry.
Pride Month Light up
- Awaiting dates – This event kicks off the Pride calendar! The Western Cape Legislature building in Wale Street will be lit up in the rainbow colours in the city in support of the city’s LGBTQIA community
Cape Town Pride Village Drinks
- Thursday, Feb 8th, 2024 – Kick off Cape Town Pride with a drink or two…with members of Cape Town’s LGBTQI+ community at the Village Drinks event. At Honey & Dora.
- Conveniently located on Prestwich Street in the well-known De Waterkant area of Cape Town, Honey & Dora is a mix of a café style offering serving Breakfast and Lunch with a more relaxed bar vibe for after work drinks and a great Friends Catch-up spot.
Mr & Miss Cape Town Pride
- Saturday Feb 10th, 2024 – At the Joseph Stone Auditorium, Doors open at 5pm and the show starts at 7pm. The winners become the grand marshals for the main parade and act as pride ambassadors for the forthcoming year. Book your ticket in advance.
Buddies Night Out
- Saturday 24th February 2024 – Buddies Night Out – A pop-up street party and fun night out, hosted during large public holidays (NYE etc) and during the Pride celebrations.
The Pride Drag Brunch
- Awaiting Dates – Enjoy an epic pride brunch with outrageous drag queens, delicious food and a fun atmosphere at the Fire & Ice Hotel.
The Pride Party
- Typically the first Friday of the Pride celebrations – Who doesn’t love a party! Kick start Pride month with the Pride Party at Zer021!
- Zer021 Social Club, 46 Canterbury St, District Six, 7925
Cape Town Gay Bars
- Cafe Manhattan – Long running popular gay bar and cafe with impressive cocktail menu and live shows with special theme parties.
- Zer021 Rooftop – Hosts a busy cocktail hour, drag acts and live shows. Very busy during live show nights.
- Pink Candy Night Club – Spacious night time club, perfect for dancing with live DJ. Open Turs to Sat.
- Club Stargayzers – Large dance hall with superb music, drink specials and guest DJs.
- Shaft Cruise Zone – Gay cruise club with busy “underwear night” and very popular Halloween theme parties.
Where to stay during Cape Town Pride
De Waterkant is home to most of Cape Town’s gay bars and gay-friendly restaurants, shops and galleries. The following hotels are popular with our visitors to Cape Town and are close to the pride parade and activities. They are also gay-friendly.
Gay Map of Cape Town
Most of the gay bars are located in the De Waterkant area, surrounded by some lovely restaurants and only a short walk to the shopping streets, we have chosen some hotels and apartment that keep you in the hard of all the action. take a look at booking.com
Recommended Apartments and villas in Cape Town
Geneva Drive Villa
- Air conditioned accommodation
- 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms
- Living room, a dining area
- An outdoor swimming pool.
- Free WiFi & free private parking
- Stylish 6-bedroom villa,
- Six Bedroom (5 ensuite)
- Balcony with ocean views
- A fully equipped kitchen
- An outdoor pool.
- Secure and luxurious mansion
- A maid and butler service
- Heated pool, gym, home cinema
- 6 bedrooms
- 3 different lounges
Clifton Private Beach
- Located on Clifton Beach
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Bar and full kitchen
- 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms
- Garden with barbecue facilities
Video Of Cape Town Pride
Cape Town Pride Higlights
Recommended Hotels in Cape Town By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking
We have chosen hotels in Cape Town that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Table Bay
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-Star, V&A Waterfront Location, Harbor Views
- Close to the gay district
- Minibar, flat-screen satellite TV
- Situated at V&A Waterfront, offers luxurious rooms with beautiful harbor and mountain views
5 Star, Stylish
- 5-Star, Deluxe Bedding, Panoramic City Views
- Close to the gay district
- Floor-to-ceiling windows, free Wi-Fi
- Airy rooms with city views, features a gym with city views and a sun-drenched outdoor pool
The Capital Mirage
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5-Star, Rooftop Bar, Between City Centre and De Waterkant
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Flat-screen TV, kitchen facilities
- Offers spacious suites and apartments with modern amenities, ideal for convenience and luxury
Dock House Boutique
5 Star, Modern Classic
- 5-Star, Opposite Timeball Tower, Waterfront Views
- Close to the gay district
- Classic décor, balcony
- Located near V&A Waterfront, provides classic, spacious rooms with stunning waterfront views