From: Friday, February 11, 2022
To: Saturday, February 26, 2022
The hottest party in Africa’s Rainbow Nation!
When it comes to Gay Pride Cape Town has its own style, with hot winter sun, pristine beaches and the backdrop of Sugarloaf Mountain you just know it’s going to be magical.
Cape Town Pride Proms
- 17th Feb 2022 – NEW! – A glamorous night of music kicks off Cape Town pride. The event features the Cape Town Philharmonic Orchestra accompanying both well known singers and new talent.
- The lineup includes a mix of classical from well know arias such as Nessun Dorma to songs from the musicals and timeless pop songs from Freddie Mercury and Lady Gaga. Local iconic group Three Tons of Fun will also perform.
- The event takes place in the recently refurbished Cape Town city hall with honoured guests and high profile gay celebrities. Get your ticket.
Cape Town Pride Program 2022
- The theme of Cape Town Pride changes each year. The Pride partners with Cape Town Carnival who will be lending some of their costumes to add extra fabulosity to the parade on the day of the event.
- The festival includes a variety of events such as drag shows, book launches, sporting events, film shows, poetry reading, and art exhibitions. We are awaiting the full schedule for the 2022 event.
- The Pride officially kicks off with The Mr and Miss Cape Town Pride Pageant. Other events include the annual Pink Party, several pool parties and the closing event.
Cape Town Pride March
- Saturday Feb 26th – To be confirmed, Typically the final Saturday of the event – The Main Event which is the highlight of the Queer Calendar is the Pride March.
- The Parade starts at 12 pm from Prestwich Street in De Waterkant and move towards Reddam Field at the Green Point Urban Park.
Mardi Gras Party
- The Mardi Gras is the party that immediately follows Pride. On the 26th February 2022 Cape Town Pride are celebrating in style at the A-Track in Green Point from 1pm to 9pm, and it’s going to be bigger and better than before including a bigger stage, larger grounds, more stalls and a mix of local and international artists. Get your ticket.
Where to stay during Cape Town Pride
De Waterkant is home to most of Cape Town’s gay bars and gay-friendly restaurants, shops and galleries. The following hotels are popular with our visitors to Cape Town and are close to the pride parade and activities. They are also gay-friendly.
Gay Map of Cape Town
Most of the gay bars are located in the De Waterkant area, surrounded by some lovely restaurants and only a short walk to the shopping streets, we have chosen some hotels and apartment that keep you in the hard of all the action. take a look at booking.com
Recommended Apartments and villas in Cape Town
Geneva Drive Villa
Geneva Drive Villa Offers air conditioned accommodation with 7 bedrooms, 6 bathrooms, a living room, a dining area and a well-appointed kitchen with a dishwasher, and washing machine. An outdoor swimming pool. Free WiFi & free private parking
Merridew Villa is a stylish 6-bedroom villa, five of the six bedrooms are en suite and some of them have a balcony with ocean views, a fully equipped kitchen and separate lounge areas for guests to relax in. as well as an outdoor pool.
This secure and luxurious mansion includes a maid and bulter service. It is equipped with a heated pool, private gym, home cinema and 6 bedrooms. Guests can enjoy a drink at the bar and there is a pool table and 3 lounges for relaxation.
Clifton Private Beach
Clifton Private Beach Villa featuring an outdoor swimming pool and a bar, a full kitchen with a dishwasher, a living room with a seating area and a dining area, 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms This villa has a garden, barbecue facilities, free WiFi and free private parking.
Video Of Cape Town Pride
Cape Town Pride 2018
Gay CAPE TOWN Hotels
The heart of Gay Cape Town is De Waterkant, a leafy suburb, similar to New York’s Greenwich Village, and is just a short walk from the centre of the city. It boasts a unique village atmosphere during the day, amplified by popular Cape Quarter restaurants and shopping spots. At night, however, Cape Town’s ‘gaybourhood’ is alive with energy. This is where the hot gay boys of Cape Town mix it up with tourists from around the world.
Recommended Hotels in Cape Town By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking
We have chosen hotels in Cape Town that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
The Table Bay
5 Star, Luxury
The Table Bay Hotel is a 5-star luxury hotel situated at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. It boasts beautiful views of the working harbor, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean. It features a pool and a spa. Each air-conditioned room comes equipped with a minibar, flat-screen satellite TV and tea-and-coffee-making facilities. The private bathroom includes a bath and shower with free toiletries.
5 Star, Stylish
The Westin Cape Town’s airy rooms have deluxe bedding and floor-to-ceiling windows with views over Cape Town. Selected rooms have a spacious lounge area, all rooms with free Wi-Fi and a flat-screen TV. Guests can enjoy a vigorous work-out in the well-equipped gym which boasts panoramic city views. The outdoor pool is drenched in sunshine
The Capital Mirage
5 Star, Readers Choice
Offering a rooftop bar and restaurant, The Capital Mirage Hotel is conveniently situated between Cape Town’s city centre and trendy De Waterkant. Free WiFi and parking are available. The spacious suites and apartments offer a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, kitchen facilities and bathrooms with bath and shower. Air-conditioned and fitted with a hairdryer
Dock House Boutique
5 Star, Modern Classic
Situated just opposite the V&A Waterfront’s timeball tower, with panoramic views of the harbour and its surroundings. Enjoy breakfast in the morning room, followed by a swim in the outdoor pool. Classic décor and a spacious layout make the guest rooms and suites at Dock House a welcome retreat after a busy day. With stunning views of the waterfront from your balcony.