From: Saturday, August 10, 2024
To: Sunday, August 11, 2024
Northalsted Market Days Chicago 2024
Famous for its vast array of national talent, unique vendors, arts, crafts, food and drink, Northalsted Market Days gathers a crowd of over 180,000 people from across the globe to celebrate in the open air on Chicago’s famous Halsted Street.
- Book your hotel in Lakeview as far in advance as possible. Stay at the Hotel Zachary, rated “Superb” by guests with great location, onsite bakery, spacious and stylish rooms and a boutique feel.
When is Market Days Chicago?
- The Northalsted Business Alliance hosts Market Days in early Autust each year.
- Events span the Saturday and Sunday from 11am – 10pm.
- Pre party celebrations kick off on Friday Night with events by Circuit Mom and Hydrate.
Where is Market Days Held
- Market Days is Chicago’s most vibrant summer two day music festival and featuring over 100 Events.
- The event has five different stages dotted across Chicago’s historic Northalsted/Lakeview district, on Halsted Street between Belmont and Addison.
- The stages showcase the best in live entertainment and shows throughout the day and long into the evening.
- The 1/2 mile long festival also features 250+ unique vendors, arts, crafts, food and drink, DJ’s and dancing, sponsor booths, and more!
The Line up 2024
- Awaiting lineup and schedule for 2024.
How much is Market Day’s Chicago?
- Admission: $20 Suggested Donation – All Ages – Donations make Market Days possible, support local non-profits, and fund community projects like the Chicago Pride Crosswalks.
Market Days Circuit Events
The party continues after with huge circuit events including:
- Awaiting dates – The Circuit Mom Market Days Weekend – Multiple parties held over the Market Days weekend in some of Chicago’s most famous venues.
- Awaiting dates – Hydrate Reloaded – Boasting both indoor and outdoor events, Hydrate brings the BIGGEST names in from the circuit world to Chicago for three days and nights of parties.
- Awaiting dates – BRUT Chicago – Dan Darlington’s epic party returns to Fantasy Night Club with guest DJ Morabito.
- Awaiting dates – Furball Market Days – Furball, NYC’s infamous gay furry dance party comes to Chicago for Market Days at Metro Chicago.
- Awaiting dates – LOAD – The Organized Grime Crew is back in Boystown for a special Market Days circuit event.
- Steamworks Chicago in Northalsted, Chicago is a private men’s gym, sauna, bathhouse for men 18 years and older.
- The sauna hosts popular parties each day and night.
How to get to Market Days
- Northalsted Market Days is easily accessed via the CTA Red Line Addison station at the historic Wrigley Field, CTA Red/Brown/Purple Lines at Belmont, multiple bus lines, and rideshare car/cab services to hotels and other lodging.
Northalsted Gay District
- The gaybourhood is home to the world’s only outdoor LGBTQ+ history museum as well as host to the iconic Chicago Pride Festival, one of the largest LGBTQ+ celebrations in America. The district is is loved by locals and visitors alike for its gay-friendly establishments and hospitable Midwestern atmosphere.
- Northalsted is one of the first recognized villages in the US – boasts a lively party scene thanks to the flourishing bar and restaurant district, with popular establishments such as Kit Kat Lounge & Supper Club.
Where to stay?
Other hotels close to the main gay bars and clubs we recommend are:
Gay Map of Chicago
The area in Chicago with the most gay bars is Boys town offering over 20 bar, we have chosen hotels close to this area that have good revues on bookings.
Recommended Hotels in Chicago By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Chicago that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Peninsula Chicago
5 Star, Luxury
Located along the Magnificent Mile, this Chicago hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art. The hotel offers a full-service Asian-inspired spa, award-winning restaurants, and spacious luxury guest rooms with city views. A 42-inch flat-screen TV and free WiFi
The Silversmith Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the centre of the Loop, near Chicago’s theater and financial district, this hotel is close to dining, shopping, and many major attractions. Spacious rooms include cable TV and free WiFi. Featuring a contemporary design, each room includes a refrigerator and coffeemaker
Gray Hotel Chicago
4 Star, Great Value
Every room at Kimpton Gray Hotel includes a flat-screen TV, iPod docking station & a private bathroom with bathrobes and luxury Atelier Bloem bath products. Select rooms offer a separate living room & spa bath. Boleo offers breathtaking rooftop views alongside Latin-inspired cocktails & cuisine.
4 Star, Location
Located in the Chicago city centre, this luxury boutique hotel boasts an on-site restaurant and WiFi access. Shopping and dining on Michigan Avenue is 2 minutes’ walk away. A flat-screen cable TV and a mini bar are offered in every modern guest room
Market Days Chicago
Northalsted Market Days Highlights
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Chicago
Chicago, affectionately known as the “Windy City,” is a must-visit destination for LGBTQ+ travellers seeking a vibrant, welcoming, and diverse experience. The city is home to Northalsted (formerly Boystown), one of the first officially recognized gay villages in the United States. Remember, Chicago has an efficient public transit system, so you’ll have easy access to all the city offers no matter where you stay.
Northalsted | The Gay Village
- Located in the Lakeview East neighbourhood of Chicago, 5 miles north of downtown Chicago, or what locals refer to as “The Loop”.
- Northalsted is a hub for LGBTQ+ life and culture in Chicago, hosting Market Days and Chicago Pride.
- Easy to get to from downtown via public transit, 30 minutes by the CTA “L” train’s Red or Brown lines.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Chicago
The heart of Chicago’s downtown and home to some of its most iconic landmarks with great hotels.
A great place to stay if you’re a foodie or a fan of the arts, and close to the city’s best shopping.