From: Thursday, May 30, 2024
To: Monday, June 3, 2024
Manchester Rubber Weekend 2024
Rubber guys have more fun. Join hundreds of rubber guys from over 20 countries and get your gear on at the 11th annual Manchester Rubber Weekend.
- Stay close to all the events at the Leven Manchester, rated “Exceptional” by guests with modern decor, a bustling hotel bar and perfect location.
Manchester Rubber Scene
- The Manchester rubber scene is often described as “the friendliest fetish scene out there” and the highlight of the year is the Manchester Rubber Weekend. While the city may not have giant circuit parties or huge play mazes, Manchester does have a vibrant, inclusive gay community and the rubber scene is at the heart of that.
- STRETCH is a shiny rubber fetish night for Manchester, Sam Barclay has teamed up with Eagle Manchester and Regulation-London to bring you a fresh and rubbery night putting FUN firmly on the menu. A strict rubber dress code is in force.
- The REM Bar, one of Manchester’s most popular gay bars, hosts many of the parties taking place during MRW11.
- The city fills up most weekends during the Summer with people keen to enjoy the welcoming atmosphere of the gay village along Canal Street. Stay close by and book your hotel or apartment early.
- Manchester Rubber Weekend is a non-profit series of events run by a group of friends to connect hundreds of rubber guys from all over the world.
- Last year they had guys from over 24 countries with rubber freaks coming from across Europe, the US, and further afield. And each year Manchester Rubber Weekend gets bigger and better.
- Think of Manchester Rubber Weekend as one giant house party, where you catch up with friends and meet new ones.
Awaiting schedule for 2024
- Expect plenty of drinking, dancing, playing, snogging, shopping, restraining, laughing, and cruising.
- Manchester Rubber Weekend typically hosts four main club nights from Friday to Sunday (Darkcell, Alert, Deviant and Slick), complete with bondage areas, a fetish market with some of the UK’s leading rubber retailers, an art exhibition, Pup Pound and of course some crazy frivolity so as not to keep it too serious with Geartunes, prize give-aways and Sisters’ Bingo all helping to raise money for charity.
- Other party higlights include the Stretch Manchester Rubber Party.
- The heart of gay Manchester is Canal Street. One of the oldest, largest and busiest gay bars on the strip today, Via features exposed brickwork, gold Rococo mirrors and chandeliers. Sparkly G-A-Y Manchester, the northern cousin of London’s G-A-Y, appeals to a younger, student crowd with pop hits and cheap drinks deals.
- A more traditional-style gay pub, Churchills has regular cabaret and drag shows. Some of the best-loved gay venues are found in the adjacent streets, like large, men-only Eagle Manchester, which attracts a masculine crowd.
- Finally, try old favourite Cruz 101, it’s the largest dance club in Manchester’s gay village.
Recommended Manchester Hotels
Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Manchester
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- 5-star, rooftop terrace, central Manchester.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air-conditioned, bathrobes.
- Luxurious and central, ideal for urban explorers seeking style and convenience.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star, Canal Street, contemporary décor.
- In the heart of the gay district.
- Elegant furnishings.
- Vibrant and stylish, perfect for experiencing Manchester’s lively Canal Street atmosphere.
4 Star, Great Value
- 4-star, 19th-century building, free Wi-Fi.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Monsoon showers, luxury toiletries.
- Historic charm meets modern luxury, centrally located near Piccadilly Station.
3 Star, Location
- 3-star, close to Manchester Piccadilly station.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- En-suite shower, flat-screen TV.
- Budget-friendly, convenient for rail travelers, with a comfortable and modern setting.
Video Of Canal Street Manchester
Canal Street Gay Village Manchester
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.