From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Manchester Pre-Hibernation Weekend 2024
Manchester Bears (Man Bears) present the perfect antidote to the Winter Blues with the Ultimate Weekender, “Neon Bear”.
- Are you visiting for Manchester Pre-Hibernation Weekend? Stay close to all the events at the Leven Manchester, rated “Exceptional” by guests with modern decor, a bustling hotel bar and perfect location.
- Famous for its Spring Bear Meeting, the Manchester Bears return with a new Winter Event to warm every bear before the long hibernation.
- Bears can expect a warm welcome in Rem Bar on Friday evening and drinks and fun at the Cockatoo Club.
- Weekend parties are a must in Manchester, with venues such as The Eagle, always a popular starting point. Those looking to stay warm should visit Basement Sauna for some hot bear fun, while late-night party bears can dance the night way at the cavernous club, Sub 101.
- Those seeking to get an early start on Christmas shopping are in for a treat! The world-famous German-style Manchester Christmas Markets open on Saturday, Nov 12th, so combine your bear escape with some festive flair!
The Schedule 2024
- Awaiting program for 2024 – Use the previous year as a guide for what to expect:
- Events kick off on Friday with the Manbears Social at The Lodge @ Eagle from 6pm, followed by Dandy: Sting in the Ring at Sub 101 from 11pm.
- On Saturday events start with the Bear Sauna at Basement Manchester from noon followed by a theme party at Sub 101 from 10pm with an After party at the Eagle from 2am.
- Sunday ends with a special lunch at Via from noon, followed by REM Cabaret at 6pm and ending with the every popular “Beareoke” at 7pm, again at REM bar.
- Monday ends with the Farewell Brunch at Richmond Tea Rooms.
Manchester has a thriving LGBT+ scene, centered around the world famous Canal Street – home of “The Village”. Stop by during the festive season and enjoy some cheesy Christmas music, festive themed party nights and a warm and welcoming atmosphere after a day’s shopping in the markets.
Located just south of Chinatown, the village features an eclectic mix of bars, clubs, restaurants and green spaces set alongside a long stretch of the Rochdale Canal. Manchester’s Gay Village has something to suit all tastes. Here’s our shortlist:
- Head to Number 1 Canal Street, one of the most highly regarded bars in the village, seen by many as the community heart of Canal Street. Its informal drinking and dining atmosphere and appreciation of the arts means that you might get to see a new play or exclusive book reading or art exhibition if you pop by.
- Bar Pop keeps the soundtrack of camp classics and nostalgic favourites coming. .
- G-A-Y is a pop music haven with music video walls and a roof terrace, offering regular drinks promotions to a lively crowd, whilst the gothic interior of Via is the perfect setting for a few pints of lager while enjoying the bar’s nightly entertainment of drag queens and DJs.
- For a relaxing glass of wine, Tribeca’s styled interior is a firm favourite, as is the legendary New York New York on Bloom Street – popular for its camp comedy cabaret nights. Cocktails reign supreme at the decadently decorated Oscars piano and showtunes bar, a must for all musical theatre fans.
- The Eagle on Bloom Street entertains Manchester’s gay male clientele with daily happy hours, themed fetish nights and late-night DJs. Nearby Company Bar also operates a male only door policy and is open late on weekends.
- Finally experience the Village’s more traditional pubs. The Rembrandt, Paddy’s Goose, New Union and Churchills
Where to stay in Manchester?
- Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
Here is our top selection of hotels, close to the center of town & the gay bars:
Gay Map of Manchester
Most of the gay bars are on canal street and are within easy walking dissidence from each other
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video – Gay Manchester Guide
A whirlwind tour of the Gay Village
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.