From: Friday, August 23, 2024
To: Monday, August 26, 2024
Manchester Gay Pride 2024
Manchester Pride Festival 2023 includes Manchester Pride Live, the Candlelit Vigil, the Superbia Weekend, the pride parade and the Gay Village gathering. Hotels close to the gay village on Canal Street fill up fast, so book in advance.
- Visiting for Pride ? The Hotel Brooklyn; just 8 min walk away from the Pride festivities. The 4-star hotel has spacious rooms and has won awards for its unique design. Rated “Superb” by guests, it has the perfect location, comfortable rooms and high-end amenities.
The Gay Village
- Friday 23rd to Monday 26th August 2024 – BOOK YOUR TICKETS IN ADVANCE
- The roots of Manchester Pride and the Festival are firmly in the heart of the world-famous Gay Village. The gathering will take place over all 4 days of the bank holiday weekend for the ultimate street party.
- Community performances are also held in Sackville Gardens, plus markets and parties across the Village’s venues. Canal street is the hub of the festival’s celebrations.
Manchester Pride Parade
- The Parade takes place on Saturday 26th August and commences at midday.
- Manchester Pride Parade is one of The Festival’s most highly anticipated events, with thousands of people marching proudly together through the streets of Manchester in front of tens of thousands of supporters cheering them along the way.
- The Parade takes place each year within the heart of Manchester City Centre starting at the junction of Liverpool Road and Deansgate and ending on Fairfield Street.
- Visiting Manchester for any gay event? Stay in the heart of Canal Street at the stunning Leven Hotel, rated “Exceptional” with large rooms, great design features and popular bar.
Manchester Pride Circuit Events
- Dates and venues to be confirmed.
- Friday – ALERT, the hottest monthly fetish event hosts a special Pride edtion.
- Friday – Mr B. brings the Damage party from Amsterdam to Manchester for one night only at Reveillon Club.
- Saturday – The BIG Scrum hosts a special party on Saturday Night at Cruz 101
- Saturday – Everyone’s favourite party for hot daddies and admirers, DILF Manchester returns to Brickhouse Social for a night of hot fun.
- Sunday – JOCK hosts a very special Pride Edition at Orang Nation’s Area in Manchester.
- Monday – STRETCH hosts their annual Rubber Fetish Pride Edition on Monday, the perfect way to end your pride celebrations.
The Superbia Weekend
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- Superbia showcases brilliant LGBTQ+ art and artists through music, dance, film, poetry and performance. Artists will be popping up in venues across the city and beyond to celebrate some of Manchester’s incomparable LGBTQ+ talent!
The Candlelit Vigil
- The Candlelit Vigil closes the four days of the festival, with a moment of reflection in Sackville Gardens.
- The home of Alan Turing and the Beacon of Hope turn into a sea of flickering candles as the party ends. Visitors are asked to take a minute to remember those lost to the HIV virus as LGBT+ people join together to fight the epidemic worldwide, and the stigma that still exists.
- The heart of gay Manchester is Canal Street. One of the oldest, largest and busiest gay bars on the strip today, Via features exposed brickwork, gold Rococo mirrors and chandeliers. Sparkly G-A-Y Manchester, the northern cousin of London’s G-A-Y, appeals to a younger, student crowd with pop hits and cheap drinks deals.
- A more traditional-style gay pub, Churchills has regular cabaret and drag shows. Some of the best-loved gay venues are found in the adjacent streets, like large, men-only Eagle Manchester, which attracts a masculine crowd.
- Finally, try old favourite Cruz 101, it’s the largest dance club in Manchester’s gay village.
Where to stay during Manchester Gay Pride
Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
Here is our top selection of hotels, close to the center of town & the gay bars,
Gay Map of Manchester
Most of the gay bars are on canal street and are within easy walking dissidence from each other
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video Of Manchester Pride
Official Aftermovie 2017
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.