From: Saturday, Oct 26th, 2019
To: Saturday, Oct 26th, 2019
HalloQween Melbourne 2019
HalloQween, presented by Poof Doof, is Melbourne’s biggest annual LGBTQI+ Halloween party. In its 9th year this year, the event – being held on Saturday 26th October – has moved to its new home, Melbourne’s iconic venue: Forum Melbourne.
From its humble roots as a dress up dance party for a few hundred Doofers, HalloQween has grown to be one of the most anticipated annual events on the Melbourne LGBTQI+ calendar.
This year Anthony Hocking, owner of Poof Doof, is taking it up a notch or 10. “Its wild to think about the last 9 years and how huge this event has become. We’ve outgrown all the club venues in Melbourne – we needed a space to host a ball rather than a dance party. Forum Melbourne was the obvious choice for us – literally giving us a stage to perform our biggest HalloQween ever!”
Highlights of the night will include:
- Hosted by Joel Creasey and drag superstar Karen From Finance (live streamed online)
- Blood Red Carpet Arrivals from 8.00pm hosted by Edith Vale & Maureen McGillicuddy (of Granny Bingo fame) (Winners of The Gibbo – Melbourne International Comedy Festival 2018)
- Live performance by Australian superstar headline act Sneaky Sound System
- Live performances by The Voice finalist Sheldon Riley as well as Owl Eyes featuring Jimi the Kween (Live)
- Sets by some of Melbourne’s most popular club DJs including Sunshine, Argonaut and drag DJ duo Jawbreakers
- Performances by multi award winning Yummy
- Spectacular theming and décor by the team behind some of Poof Doof’s most outrageous and popular themed events
- Lighting and tech by Colour Blind (Splendour In the Grass, Rufus Du Sol, Hayden James, Peking Duk, Coachella
Whilst the format might have changed from rave to show, guests can expect to be up and dancing from the minute they arrive from 8.00pm sharp.
Event times: 8.00pm-sharp – 1.00am
Here is our top selection of hotels with good reviews, close to and the town & gay bars,
Gay Map of Melbourne
Melbourne’s gay bars & clubs are located in St Kilda and South Yarra south of the city or in Collingwood, Richmond and Fitzroy north of the city and one in Yarraville.
Halloween Scream Prank In Melbourne Australia
Recommended Hotels in Melbourne
The best place to stay in Melbourne is in the Southbank district. Here you will be close to all the city’s attractions and the nearby gay in both the north and south of the city.
5 Star Luxury
Rising above Melbourne’s vibrant Southbank precinct, Crown Towers offers spacious luxury rooms with views of the city or Port Phillip Bay. Each room features original artworks and marble bathrooms.
The Como, 5 Star
The Como is perfectly positioned near the restaurants, boutiques and all attractions located in the South Yarra, Prahran and Toorak area. There is a tram stop nearby, taking you to Melbourne city centre
Cosmopolitan 4 Star
Gay District -St.Kinda
The Cosmopolitan is a boutique-style hotel including modern minimalist rooms, each well-equipped room features free WiFi and one secure on site parking space per room. 6 minutes walk from the beach
The property features contemporary furniture, an en suite bathroom, air-conditioning and central heating. Downstairs is a spacious lounge, a chefs kitchen & laundry facilities shared by the 4 guest rooms.