From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Malta International Fireworks festival 2024
The Malta International Fireworks Festival features some of the world’s most spectacular firework displays.
- Tip! – Book your stay early in the Capital, Valletta; the Fireworks Festival attracts thousands of international visitors. The capital has stylish boutique hotels located in refurbished period and historic buildings.
- Fireworks form a huge part of the Maltese cultural heritage. The craft of pyrotechnics in Malta goes back to the time of the Order of the Knights of St John. The small island is home to more than 35 different firework factories.
- If you miss the festival, don’t worry. The summer season in Malta is chock-a-block with colourful pyrotechnic wizardry lighting up Malta’s night skies every single weekend.
- Malta’s Fireworks festival features seven nights of firework displays. Awaiting dates for the next edition.
- Each night promises to be a beautiful display of colour and coordination, and the closing night is bound to be a true spectacle.
The best spots to watch the Fireworks.
- Stay at the Ursulino Valletta, rated “Exceptional” by guests with a stunning roof terrace offering some of the best views of the fireworks.
- The Gomerino Hotel, rated “Superb” by guests, has harbour views and is also an excellent option for viewing the firework displays.
- The Grand Harbour, also known as the Port of Valletta, is a natural harbour on the Island of Malta and is the best and busiest area to watch the fireworks display. Apart from the Grand Harbour, other popular places to get the best view are on the streets of Ta’ Liesse, close to the Upper Barrakka Gardens and the Barriera Wharf area.
- Gardjola Gardens – The historical Grand Harbour makes for the ideal backdrop for such a spectacular show.
- Barrakka Gardens – If you’re in Valletta, this is probably the most popular spot for people to watch the fireworks, so expect crowds. If you manage to get there early, you should be able to grab a much-coveted spot, but you will have to deal with some jostling.
- Ta’ Liesse / Victoria Gate – Close to the Upper Barrakka Gardens and the Barriera Wharf area, the Ta’ Liesse area and the Victoria Gate bastion are popular with young festival watchers.
- Another option is in Malta’s three cities, Birgu, Senglea and Cospicua, a collection of fortified cities since the Middle Ages. These historic cities serve as excellent places to watch the fireworks, and they stand in the opposite direction to the Grand Harbour.
Malta International Fireworks festival Schedule
Fireworks displays are set off across the Island, with the grand final taking place in the Capital, Valletta. The schedule is as follows:
- Events are held in the following locations. Events run for 4 days, ending on the final Saturday with the Grand Finale.
- Grand Harbour, Valletta,Mellieha, Marsalforn, Gozo, Marsascala, Mqabba and Grand Finale at The Grand Harbour, Valletta
- Awaiting full schedule for the 2024 edition.
The Fireworks Competition
The festival also has a competitive edge! Each year, the festival hosts a Pyromusical competition. Firework displays are designed to match the rhythm of a musical number; Awards are then distributed to the most impressive displays.
Recommended Hotels in Malta
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Valletta, Malta
The main nightlife area in Malta is situated in Paceville. Here one can find a good number of restaurants, bars, clubs and other entertainment venues. Malta’s main gay club is called AXM, located in St.Georges Street Paceville. Malta is an island full of sandy beaches, good weather, thriving nightlife and shopping centres is sure enough to keep anyone busy.
Recommended Hotels in Malta By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Malta that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Set on the seafront in Saint Julian’s, this luxury 5-star hotel offering panoramic views of the Mediterranean Sea Offering a spa with indoor swimming pool, 4 outdoor pools. The spacious rooms feature a large balcony and are air-conditioned and feature Wi-Fi access, a tea/coffee maker, and a satellite LCD TV. Some rooms offer access to the Executive lounges.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Set in the heart of St Julians, InterContinental Malta is 200 m from its own free private beach on St. George’s Bay. The elegant and spacious rooms offer satellite TV, air conditioning, and a tea and coffee maker. All rooms feature free WiFi and a balcony or terrace with city views or garden views. Free sports facilities include indoor and outdoor pools and squash courts.
Hugo’s Boutique Hotel
4 Star, Adults Only
Featuring a restaurant and free WiFi throughout, Hugo’s Boutique Hotel is located 140 m from St. George’s Beach in St. Julians. It offers both elegant rooms and suites. Air-conditioned accommodation comes with a satellite flat-screen TV, coffee machine and minibar. The bathroom includes a hairdryer and free toiletries. Some rooms have a balcony
Holiday Inn Express
3 Star, Location
Just 120 m from St. George’s Bay beach, the Holiday Inn Express – Malta is located in St Julian’s. It offers free WiFi, an on-site bar and modern rooms with a satellite flat-screen TV. All rooms at the Malta Holiday Inn Express come with air conditioning, a pillow menu and a USB charging station. The private bathroom has free toiletries and a hairdryer.
Video – Malta International Fireworks festival
Watch the highlights of previous fireworks festivals.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Malta
Discover the best places to stay in Malta. First stop? Valletta, the island’s charming capital, has a rich heritage and vibrant atmosphere. Alternatively, find relaxation and entertainment in Sliema and St. Julian’s, known for their picturesque waterfronts, lively nightlife, and welcoming ambience.
Valletta | Capital of Malta
- Stay in the heart of Malta’s capital city, Valletta, to immerse yourself in its historic charm, UNESCO-listed architecture, and lively cultural scene.
- The capital is known for its impressive fortifications and well-preserved Baroque buildings.
- Staying in Valletta means you’re right in the centre of all the action, close to the best bars, hotels, and restaurants.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Valletta.
Enjoy a vibrant coastal ambience with trendy promenades, shops, and cafes just across the harbour from Valletta.
A beachside town known for its exciting nightlife, lux hotels, & stunning Spinola Bay, 20 minutes from Valletta.