From: Tuesday, June 25, 2024
To: Sunday, July 7, 2024
Madrid Gay Pride 2024 Europe’s Biggest Pride & possibly its hottest!
Madrid Pride, also known as Orgullo Gay Madrid, is the biggest gay pride in Spain and one of the biggest in Europe, attracting more than 2 million people over the five days of pride. The first Madrid Pride parade was held in 1977 after the death of Franco. Since then the demonstration has grown into one of the largest in the world.
- Visiting for Madrid Pride? With 2 million people attending, you need to book your hotel now! The Boutique Hotel H10 makes for the perfect stay with a great location, large rooms (by Madrid standards) and excellent amenities.
Madrid Pride 2024 Highlights
- Tuesday June 25th to Sunday July 7th 2024 – Madrid Pride features one of Europe’s largest pride parades. The parade runs long into the night ending with a huge street party. Parties are held across the city in the lead up to the final weekend and parade. Events start from the end of June to the first weekend of July.
- Awaiting dates – Chueca Pride: Local Pride Celebrations Kick Off With Several Events Taking Place Around The Neighbourhood Of Chueca.
Chueca, Madrid gay district
- Madrid is one of the most gay friendly and welcoming cities in the world. The district of Chueca is the epicentre of gay life in the city and home to some of the busiest bars and clubs.
- As the city has grown, so too has the gay neighbourhoods. The local government of Madrid estimates the LGBT+ population to be around 500,000. You should also check out districts such as Malasaña, La Latina and Lavapies, all with their own unique charm and attractions.
Smile Park Festival
- Awaiting dates – A unique, new “all day and night” festival in the IFEA congress grounds. Smile Park Festival features three different stages and party zones, including WE Party’s Sundia event, food trucks, a funfair, an electronic music zone and a live performance stage.
- Upgrade your Madrid stay at the Palacio de los Duques Gran Meliá, one of the leading hotels of the world, located in a former 19th century palace! Just don’t forget to pack that tiara!
Feathers & Paws
- Awaiting Dates – Bring your pet and show that you’re against animal abuse as well.
- (Plaza de Pedro Zerolo. From 7pm)
- Awaiting dates – Pride Proclamation: Pride Celebrations Get Officially Underway.
- Events take place in Plaza Pedro Zerolo.
Madrid Pride Festival Concerts
- Typically from the Wednesday before the parade to the Sunday after the parade – The ‘cultural’ stages of the Pride Festival will be in Plaza De España, Plaza Pedro Zerolo, Plaza del Rey and Plaza de Callao featuring Live musical performances on multiple stages.
- The closing ceremony takes place on the Sunday, from 19.00. La Fiesta starts at 20.20 and the DJs start at 22.30 at Plaza del Rey.
The High Heel Race
- Typically the Thursday before the main parade – The High Heel Race, a festive-sporting event that is celebrating its twenty-third edition this year in Calle Pelayo, where runners have to finish the race in up to 6 inch heels.
Mr Gay Pride Spain
- Typically the Friday before the main parade – The 17th Edition Mr. Gay Pride España, on the stage of Plaza de España.At the final gala, where Mr Gay Spain 2024 will be chosen from among the representatives of the 14 finalist autonomous communities, there will also be guest DJs and artists.
- The event takes place at Plaza de Callao and will also feature international DJs and guest appearances by pop artists.
Madrid Pride Parade and Route
- Saturday, July 6th 2024 – Madrid Pride’s biggest party is set to take place on parade day in Plaza de Colón
- The main Gay Pride parade the highlight of Madrid gay pride. The centre of Madrid literally comes to a standstill as a million people line the streets to watch the parade.
- The Madrid Pride Parade leaves the Carlos V roundabout at 7:00 p.m. and will end in Plaza de Colón.
- The parade is made up of 50 huge colorful floats, party buses and walking groups representing sponsors, associacions, charities and bars. The streets are a sea of colourful rainbows.
- With almost perfect weather guaranteed in July, the party atmosphere in the street is truly phenomenal and continues late into the night!
- For a unique stay in Madrid, check in to the Hotel Fenix Gran Melia, rated “Fabulous” by guests with stunning views and one of the most famous rooftop bars in the city.
The best places to view the parade.
- While many love to be in the thick of the Madrid Pride parade, some of the best vantage points to view the Madrid pride parade are along the hotel room balconies dotted along Paseo Del Prado.
- Some of the best views can be had at the 5 Star NH Collection Madrid, the NH Madrid Nacional and for those looking for an apartment stay, 60 Balconies Urban Stay.
Circuit Parties and Night Club Events during Madrid Pride
- The week leading up to the main pride parade sees some of the biggest circuit party names take over stadiums, parks and hotel pools for some of the most anticipated dance events of the year.
- My Pleasure is Madrid’s hottest fetish and electronic parties with a unique vibe and world class DJs.
- WE Party Week is one of the most popular festivals with more than 8 different events spread out over 6 days.
- SLEAZY Madrid hosts the biggest gay fetish and sex parties of the Summer.
- VIVA Pop Festival is a 4 day festival offering something different from the circuit scene.
- Mordisko a 100% gay party featuring the sexiest, scruffiest, beefiest guys in the city.
- Tanga party, is one of the gay Madrid’s most popular parties takes place at the Barceló Theatre. Different rooms with pop, commercial, funky, and techno music. Shows and special performances.
- M3N Party a special pride edition at Chango club with an international lineup of DJs.
- Check out our guide to Gay Madrid for more on where to party, play and stay.
- Open every Pride day from 8:30 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. DLRO offers good music and the best atmosphere in town.
Black and White Party
- Nightly, Live pride with the best music and the best shows in the most emblematic place in all of Chueca, Black & White
Where to stay in Gay Madrid?
The following Madrid hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the city’s top attractions and the gay district.
Gay Map of Madrid
Most of the gay bars in Madrid are located in Chueca, the city’s gay village and epicentre of all Spanish gay life. Hotels here fill up fast, so book well in advance, especially for key events.
Recommended Hotels in Madrid By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Madrid that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
- Small Luxury Hotel Member
- Iconic Views of Gran Via
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Fabulous Breakfast
- Superb wellness centre and sauna, glamorous original architecture and special extras, Nespresso coffee machines.
4 Star, Readers Choice
- 4-star central location
- Superb breakfasts
- 6-minute walk to Chueca
- Modern stylish rooms
- Spacious rooms have balcony views and the rooftop bar is perfect for pre-dinner cocktails and offers sweeping city views.
Iberostar Las Letras
4 Star, Great Value
- Design Hotel in historic building
- Rooftop pool and sundeck
- 8-minute walk to Chueca
- Large fitness area
- Charming hotels with high-ceilings and extra touches, including a library and suites with private jacuzzis.
Room Mate Oscar
3 Star, Location
- Popular gay-friendly hotel
- Superb roof terrace and pool
- Located in Chueca
- Stylish retro decor with character
- One of the most popular hotels in Madrid, with professional staff and a perfect location for exploring the gay district of Chueca.
Video Of Madrid Pride
Celebrating 40 years of Madrid Pride.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Madrid
Discover the vibrant spirit of Madrid, a city that embraces diversity and offers an inclusive escape for LGBTQ+ travellers, blending rich cultural heritage, lively nightlife, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. While Chueca is the primary gay area, other neighbourhoods in Madrid also offer a range of bars and clubs with different vibes and unique experiences worth exploring.
Chueca | Madrid’s Gay Village
- Chueca is located in the centre of Madrid, just north of Gran Vía and is the heart of Madrid’s LGBTQ+ community.
- The neighbourhood offers a colourful and lively ambience with many gay bars, clubs, and shops.
- It is celebrated for its inclusivity and hosts one of Europe’s biggest Pride festivals.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Chueca.
The bustling area is perfect for those who want to be close to major attractions and gay bars and clubs.
Hip neighbourhood with vintage stores & an artistic flair, trendy bars & cafes surround Plaza del Dos de Mayo