From: Friday, July 28, 2023
To: Monday, July 31, 2023
Liverpool Pride 2023
Liverpool pride is one of the most colourful gay pride events in the UK and has grown considerably since its first event in 2010.
- Are you visiting Liverpool? Stay at the Castle Street Hotel, rated “Fabulous” by guests featuring spacious rooms just steps from the city’s gay bars, clubs and pride celebrations.
- Liverpool Gay Pride is a weekend-long festival held at the Pier Head and Gay Quarter in Liverpool City Centre.
- The event is one of the largest Gay Pride festivals in the UK and is held on the closest weekend to August 2 in memory of the death of Michael Causer, the young gay man who was murdered in Liverpool in 2008.
The Main Parade
- July 30, 2023, The main parade takes place on the Saturday of the Pride, and the route starts at St George’s Hall, typically at noon and finishes at Moorfields.
- More than 5,000 people march through the streets with thousands more spectators from the UK and beyond.
The Festival Site & Main Stage
- After the main parade, marchers will gather on Tithebarn Street to watch big-name entertainment, local bands and artists. The area includes a youth zone, community expo and more across the site.
- Stay in the heart of the city centre at the “Fabulous” rated Crowne Plaza Liverpool City Centre, just a short walk to the pride events. The hotel is famous for its beautiful views and delicious breakfasts, and it also features a modern gym, pool, and jacuzzi.
- Perfect for the whole family, Pride Sundae is set to stage a host of unmissable events across Liverpool. From dancing and music to delicious food, Pride Sundae is both a free, drop-in event and the ideal opportunity to try something new, make a change and, of course, have lots and lots of fun.
The Gay Scene & Gay Village
- The celebration doesn’t have to end once the official pride festivities finish. Liverpool has a thriving LGBTQ+ district with many bars and clubs ready and waiting for you to party the night away.
- Liverpool was the first British city to introduce rainbows on street signs to identify the Gay Quarter with pride. Stanley Street Quarter serves as the main focal point for Liverpool’s lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community and is the symbolic heart of the ‘gay quarter.
- The flourishing nightlife area is perfect for celebrating with friends and family over the weekend. Some of Liverpool’s best gay bars and clubs include Navy Bar and GBar. Each spot offers something unique, with fantastic DJs keeping you on your feet all night long.
- Stay close to all the gay bars at The Hotel Indigo, located close to the waterside with a funky design and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Navy Bar – Longtime gay quarter nightspot offering a full bar & DJs located in the hub of Liverpool’s gay village.
- GBar – 3-room gay bar on Eberle St in the hub of Liverpool city centre for after-hours partying in the basement with a great sound system.
- Heaven – Heaven is Liverpool’s busiest after-hours located in Stanley Street Quarter. Expect a mix of LGBTQ and straight, and mingle with the varied crowd. Large selection of shooters, cocktails and beers.
- Superstar Boudoir – Liverpool’s No 1 Drag Venue on Stanley Street. Lively cabaret bar opens seven days.
- The Lisbon – Basement bar serves tasty pub-style food every day. Famed for its beautifully ornate ceiling, one of the most historical and mythical bars on Pink Street.
- The Masquerade – Live music, karaoke nights, resident drag queens performing every weekend and regular theme nights.
- Poste House – Snug 2-level gathering place with a traditional pub on the main level plus a gay-friendly space.
Here is our top selection of hotels, close to the center of town & the gay bars,
Innside by Melia, Staycity Aparthotels, 62 Castle Street Hotel, The Dixie Dean Hotel
Where to stay close to all the gay bars.
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
Innside by Melia This 4 star hotel is
only a 4 minute walk to the Gay Village
For further information and advice on
Liverpool Pride visit the Website
Most of the gay bars in Liverpool and are within easy walking dissidence from each other
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Liverpool that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Highlights of Liverpool Pride