From: Monday, May 27, 2024
To: Sunday, June 2, 2024
Here come the bears! Welcome to Lisboa 2024
If you have been to Portugal, you’ll know by now that most Portuguese men tend to be Latino-looking, dark and hairy. Thus, it is not surprising that it’s capital, Lisbon, has a large bear (and their fans) community. Lisbon is also becoming increasingly known as a LGBT travel destination for Europeans and others. It offers plenty of bars, clubs and things to do, together with fantastic weather, tons of history and fantastic value-for-money.
- Visiting for Lisbon Bear Pride? Stay in the Principe Real district, home to the best gay bars in the city. Stay at the charming Alegria Boutique Hotel, with spacious rooms and a great location.
Lisbon Bear Pride
- Lisbon bear pride 2024 will run for 7 days and will mark the return of several signature events.
- Events include several day parties and poolside shows at Villa 3 Caparica followed by night time events at Bar Tr3s Lisboa.
- Awaiting the full program – Weekend events include several parties such as the Gear Party (leather, rubber, neoprene, sports, boots and uniforms)at Tr3s and the fun Drag night and Bears Night Fever at Finamente Club.
- The MR Lisbon Bear Pride election is one of the event highlights, typically held on Saturday night.
- Other popular events include the bear cruise.
- Bar Tr3s Lisboa – Lisbon biggest gay bar serving the LGBT community since 2010. Bear owned and operated.
- Finamente Club – Compact but lively gay nightspot since 1976 featuring late-night shows of lip-syncing drag performers.
- Villa 3 Caparica – The First Gay Resort Hotel in Lisbon. Perfectly located between Lisbon and Lisbon’s gay beaches.
Where to stay in Lisbon
- Lisbon’s gay scene centers around the Bairro Alto and Principe Real neighborhoods, which are known for their trendy bars, clubs, and cafes.
- Bairro Alto – Situated just west of the central Baixa district, it is perched on one of the city’s many hills, offering fantastic views of Lisbon’s picturesque surroundings. Bairro Alto is known for its narrow cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, and vibrant atmosphere.
- Principe Real is located just north of the Bairro Alto district and is within walking distance from the central Baixa area.
- The neighbourhood is characterized by its elegant 19th-century architecture, featuring grand townhouses and palaces that have been repurposed into stylish shops and trendy bars. The area has a bohemian and artistic ambiance, attracting a mix of creative professionals, expatriates, and discerning travelers. It is also home to some of the most popular bear-friendly bars.
The following Lisbon hotels are all close to the gay bars and the city’s attractions
Recommended Hotels in Lisbon By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Lisbon that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
EPIC SANA Marquês
5 Star, Readers Choice
- 5-star, heated infinity pool.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Bathtub, shower, workstation.
- Luxurious stay with panoramic pool views, perfect for business and leisure travelers.
Lisboa Carmo Hotel
4 Star, Homely
- 4-star, city heart, Tagus River views.
- Close to the gay district.
- Air conditioning, flat-screen TV.
- Elegant comfort in a prime location, ideal for exploring Lisbon’s rich culture.
The Late Birds Lisbon
4 Star, Gay Resort
- 4-star, gay resort, Bairro Alto.
- In the heart of the gay district.
- Computer, cable TV.
- Exclusive, gay-friendly retreat with outdoor pool, perfect for socializing and relaxation.
HF Fenix Garden
3 Star, Great Value
- 3-star, Marquês de Pombal Square.
- A short walk to the gay bars.
- Air-conditioned, free WiFi, cable TV.
- Affordable chic in central Lisbon, steps from major attractions and shopping avenues.
Video Of Lisbon Bear Pride
Video Highlights of Lisbon Bear Pride and cruise.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Lisbon
Lisbon is generally considered to be an open and LGBTQ+ friendly city. The LGBTQ+ community in Lisbon has a visible presence, and there are several neighborhoods, events, and venues that cater to and celebrate the community.
Principe Real | In the heart of gay Lisbon
- Príncipe Real is often considered one of the most LGBTQ+-friendly neighborhoods in Lisbon.
- It has a reputation for being inclusive and welcoming to the LGBTQ+ community.
- Many LGBTQ+-oriented businesses, including bars, cafes, and shops, can be found here.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Principe Real
Bairro Alto is a popular nightlife district with a variety of bars and clubs, it’s known for its vibrant atmosphere.
Baixa is the historic downtown area of Lisbon, noted for its grand plazas, elegant squares, and wide boulevards.