From: Saturday, November 4, 2023
To: Saturday, November 4, 2023
Homobloc Festival Manchester 2023
Homobloc is a queer block party for all with stunning light and visual production in a unique venue featuring DJs that will delight and inspire. Welcome to the party!
- The AC Hotel by Marriott Manchester Salford Quays has large rooms, a great bar and is very close to the venue. It is also just 3km from the centre of Deansgate, close to the city’s busy gay bars.
- A night that is more than music, event oprganisers Homoelectric, holds values of inclusiveness at it’s core and illustrates just that with its line up of acts including Róisín Murphy. Honey Dijon. The Blessed Madonna. Self Esteem. and 10,000 dancers…
- The Homobloc Festival Manchester will run day and night running from 2pm in the afternoon until 3am close.
- Book your tickets early, this event sells out each year.
- The party takes place at The Depot (Mayfield) on Fairfield street in Manchester. The Depot is a multi-use cultural venue for the city of Manchester.
- The event is produced by Homoelectric, a party night with a huge cult following: having spent the past two decades throwing some of the most hedonistic, wild and extravagant dances going in the city.
- Hotels for this event will fill up fast so book early. Stay close to venue at the Wharehouse Project.
- Hotels in the gay district tend to fill up fast. Check out these deals on the top hotels close to Canal Street.
Here is our top selection of hotels, close to the center of town & the gay bars:
Gay Map of Manchester
Most of the gay bars are on canal street and are within easy walking dissidence from each other
Recommended Hotels in Manchester By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Manchester that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the centre of Manchester, Hotel Gotham is a 3-minute walk from Manchester Arndale Shopping Centre. It offers a rooftop terrace and free WiFi. Serviced by a lift, all rooms and suites are air-conditioned and feature a telephone, a flat-screen TV, coffee and tea facilities. The bathroom offers free toiletries, slippers and a bath or shower & bathrobes
4 Star, Readers Choice
Boasting stunning rooms with contemporary décor, Velvet Hotel is on central Manchester’s vibrant Canal Street and a 5-minute walk from Piccadilly Rail Station. All rooms enjoy elegant furnishings and a flat-screen TV and free Wi-Fi. The modern bathrooms are equipped with steam-free mirrors and luxury toiletries. A fully-stocked minibar and hospitality tray.
4 Star, Great Value
In the heart of the city, ABode Manchester is a splendid 19th-century building with free Wi-Fi access. Piccadilly Rail Station is 3 minutes’ walk away. ABode Manchester’s double-glazed rooms offer monsoon showers and luxury toiletries. Guests can also enjoy an LCD TV, and free internet.
3 Star, Location
Motel One Manchester-Piccadilly is located a 5-minute walk from Manchester Piccadilly train station, offering a central-city location, free WiFi and use of on-site bar One Lounge. The hotel offers rooms with an en-suite shower, flat-screen TV and a portable desk. The lounge and bar area serves a buffet breakfast.
Video Of for Homobloc
HOMOBLOC: The Story Behind The UK’s Biggest Ever Queer Rave
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Manchester
Manchester has a rich and vibrant LGBTQ+ community and history. The city is known for being inclusive and welcoming to people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Canal Street | Close to the city centre
- Canal Street, often referred to as the Gay Village, is the epicenter of LGBTQ+ life in Manchester.
- It’s a pedestrianized street lined with bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops that cater specifically to the LGBTQ+ community.
- The area is known for its colorful decorations, rainbow flags, and a lively atmosphere.
- It’s not only a nightlife hub but also hosts various events, parades, and celebrations throughout the year, including Manchester Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Manchester
Staying in the city center puts you close to many of Manchester’s attractions, shopping districts, restaurants, & nightlife.
This modern business & entertainment district offers upscale accommodations, trendy restaurants, & close to attractions.