From: Friday, May 10, 2024
To: Sunday, May 12, 2024
Harbor Pride Hamburg 2024
The LGBTQ community joins in Hamburg Harbour’s birthday celebration by creating a gay village near the Fischmarkt as part of the larger party. The harbour is a 20 minute drive from the gay district in St.Georg.
- Stay at the Hotel Bel Etage, rated “Superb” by guests, featuring spacious rooms with a terrace. The hotel is close to the city’s top attractions, main shopping street and gay bars.
- Harbour Pride Hamburg is a 3 day celebration of parties, events and DJs held in the city’s beautiful port district as part of the annual harbour celebrations. Since 2014 the gay community has joined in the celebrations and the event became known as “Harbour Pride”.
- Visitors can enjoy informational booths, live entertainment and a unique Harbour Pride Cruise.
- Hamburg is famous for its harbour with a long and important history.
- diversity with info booths and a stage for entertaining show acts. Enjoy live shows, great DJs, drag queen acts and more.
- Events take place at the Fischauktionshalle in the Harbour, the Fish Auction Hall, located on 9, Große Elbstraße. The restored Victorian market hall,overlooking the Elbe river, hosts several concerts and events throughout the year.
- Hamburg hosts its annual pride parade and festival in August.
The Harbour Pride Cruise
- Don’t miss the Harbour Pride Cruise Party which is one of the highlights of the weekend event.
- The Harbor Pride Cruise offers the unique opportunity to become part of the departure parade and to experience it on board the “MS HAFEN HAMBURG”.
- Boarding approx. 2:45 p.m. – departure 3:00 p.m. – arrival 5:00 p.m. Departs and arrives at the Harbor Pride area at the Fish Market.
- The ride lasts 2 hours and goes to around Teufelsbrück, where the cruise says goodbye to the guest ships. On the return trip, guests can expect a humorous harbor tour, an on-board DJ and a great atmosphere on deck.
Where to stay in Hamburg
Hotels in St. Georg
Home to 12 gay bars all close together. Known as the red light area, St. Georg is home to older gay bars and cruising/leather venues.
- Hotel Wedina an der Alster – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, the three star hotel is renowned for its fantastic breakfasts, stylish rooms, great location and warm welcome.
- Le Royal Méridien Hamburg – 5 Star hotel with beautiful indoor pool, modern gym, located in the city centre on Alster lake with spectacular views.
Hotels in St. Pauli
A nightlife area with 10 gay bars and late night clubs.
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Of Harbor Pride Hamburg
Highlights from Harbour Pride – HafenGAYburtstag
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.