From: Saturday, July 27, 2024
To: Sunday, August 4, 2024
Hamburg Gay Pride 2024 in the height of Summer!
Hamburg Gay Pride takes place on the first week of August. The Pride Week begins with the Pride Night, the Opening Gala and ends with the street festival at Jungfernstieg on Sunday. The Pride Street festival takes place on the second weekend of the event.
- Visiting for Pride? Stay in St.Georg, close to the gay bars with a wide range of hotels available. Go luxe and stay at The Fontenay for a truly memorable Hamburg experience, just 6 mins away.
Hamburg Pride Parade
- Saturday, August 3rd 2024 – Confirmed – The main Hamburg Pride Parade will color the city streets on the final Saturday of the event from Lange Reihe at 12pm.
- More than 150,000 people watch more than 50 floats make their way through the streets of Hamburg in a festival of colour and solidarity.
Hamburg Street Festival
- Events are held at different locations around Hamburg on the streets of Alster and Jungfernstieg.
- Most of the street events “Strassenfest” centre around the St. Georg area.
- Awaiting venue and date for the 2024 edition – 136 Hosts the annual Hamburg Pride Closing Party. The event plays a mix of electro pop in some of the city’s biggest clubs.
- Stay close to the celebrations at The Mercure Hamburg Mitte a highly-rated 4 star option just a short walk from the pride celebrations.
Pink Pauli Festival
- Awaiting date for the 2024 edition – The Pink Pauli Street Festival is a cooperative initiative between all of the gay bars to create a unique festival in the heart of gay Hamburg.
- The event features stages, shows and a carnival style atmosphere over the entire weekend.
- One ticket gains you access to multiple venues and parties, each with a different vibe, music, DJ and theme.
Cultural Activities and Exhibitions
- The pride house hosts a series of events, concerts, discussions and exhibitions throughout Hamburg Pride. The Pride House can be found again in the IFZ / Schorsch at Rostocker Straße 7 in St. Georg.
Popular Gay Bars in Hamburg
- Olivia Jones Bar – Dragtastic Nights: Owned by the famous drag queen Olivia Jones, this bar is located in the heart of the St. Pauli district. Expect fabulous drag shows, colorful cocktails, and an experience that’s larger than life.
- WunderBar – Party Central: Vibrant and bustling, this bar attracts a younger crowd eager to dance the night away. With DJs spinning top hits, it’s a lively spot to let loose.
- Bellini Bar – Intimate Atmosphere: Tucked away in St. Georg, Bellini offers a cozier environment. It’s a great spot to chat, sip on a cocktail, and enjoy the company of old (and potentially new) friends.
- Barcelona – Eclectic Evenings: No need to go to Spain when you have Barcelona in Hamburg. This cafe and bar offers a quirky and fun atmosphere, complete with great drinks and even better company.
- M&V Bar – Laid-back Lounge: Perfect for those seeking a relaxed environment to sip on a drink and have a chat. With its warm and welcoming ambiance, booths & counter seats, serving up cocktails, draft beers & light snacks.
- Extratour – Local Love: A popular neighborhood bar that’s been serving the community for decades. Expect friendly staff, good drinks, and an atmosphere that feels like home.
- Toom Peerstall – A new look: Step into Hamburg’s history at this long-standing venue. Recently refurbished with a fresh look and popular outdoor terrace.
- Slut Club – Late Night Adventures: For those looking for a racier evening, Slut Club offers themed nights and a more adult ambiance. Located in St. Georg, it’s a place for the more adventurous souls, with sex parties, dress code nights and cruising labyrinth.
Hotels in St. Georg
Home to 12 gay bars all close together. Known as the red light area, St. Georg is home to older gay bars and cruising/leather venues.
- Hotel Wedina an der Alster – Rated “Fabulous” by guests, the three star hotel is renowned for its fantastic breakfasts, stylish rooms, great location and warm welcome.
- Le Royal Méridien Hamburg – 5 Star hotel with beautiful indoor pool, modern gym, located in the city centre on Alster lake with spectacular views.
Hotels in St. Pauli
A nightlife area with 10 gay bars and late night clubs.
Gay Map of Hamburg
There are two gay areas in Hamburg the first being St. Georgs where you will find 12 gay bars all close together this area is also known as the red light area The other area is St. Pauli and has 10 gay bars and clubs.
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Georgs
Gay Map Hamburg / St. Pauli
Recommended Hotels in Hamburg By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Hamburg that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Behind its grand façade, the Hotel Atlantic Hamburg, provides spacious rooms and suites with flat-screen TV and marble bathroom. Each floor is inspired by a different colour. Guests enjoy free use of the sauna. On site is also the Energy Clinic spa, which features an exclusive beauty salon and a gym overlooking the Außenalster Lake.
Le Méridien Hamburg
5 Star, Readers Choice
Rooms at Le Méridien Hamburg feature modern ambiance with either wooden or carpet flooring, elegant bathrooms with bathtub or shower, a flat-screen TV, air-conditioning as well as hot drinks facilities. Guests have free access to various online newspaper and magazines. Located in the city centre directly on the Alster Lake with spectacular views
4 Star, Great Value
Named after the German word for ruby and boasting a red theme throughout, the 4-star superior ARCOTEL Rubin offers free WiFi and spacious rooms with flat-screen TVs. It lies in Hamburg’s lively St. Georg district, 500 m from Hamburg Central Station. Its air-conditioned rooms include soundproofed windows, leather furnishings and cordless telephones.
3 Star, Location
The individually designed rooms at the Hotel Wedina an der Alster are located in 4 colour-themed buildings (red, blue, green and yellow) and exude a love for literature. All rooms include free WiFi, wooden floors, a safe and a private bathroom with a hairdryer and a bathtub or shower. Located in Hamburg-St. Georg, just 150 m away from the Alster Lake
Video Of Hamburg Gay Pride
CSD – Hamburg Pride 2019
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Hamburg
Hamburg, Germany, has a lively and diverse LGBTQ+ community, making it a welcoming destination for gay travelers and residents alike. The city offers a range of gay-friendly establishments, events, and resources.
St. Georg | The heart of Hamburg’s gay scene
- St. Georg is often considered the heart of Hamburg’s gay scene.
- This district is home to many gay bars, clubs, and shops, making it a popular destination for the LGBTQ+ community.
- The “Lange Reihe” street is particularly known for its concentration of LGBTQ+-friendly establishments.
- Discover the best things to see and do in St. Georg
A vibrant district with LGBTQ+-friendly venues, around the Reeperbahn area, known for its nightlife.
Staying in the heart of the city gives you easy access to major attractions, shopping districts, & upscale hotels.