From: Saturday, December 30, 2023
To: Tuesday, January 2, 2024
Gay New Years Eve Sydney 2023/24
No one does New Year’s eve like Sydney! Did someone say “Bucket List”? This event has to be on your top 10 must do events, a once in a lifetime experience.
- Stay close to all the NYE celebrations at the nearby YEHS Hotel – Sydney Harbour Suites, just steps from the venue with great city views, excellent breakfast and within easy walking distance of the city’s major attractions and gay scene.
Gay Events during NYE
- Sydney hosts some of the most epic gay parties during NYE, leaving other cities in the shade! Enjoy world class pre-parties in the lead up to the big day, sexy urban pool parties, open air events and more.
- Here are our top choices for celebrating the arrival of 2024!
- Awaiting Date – Start your NYE celebrations early! Unlike any other beach party in the galaxy, Glitterland is where you could make all your wild dreams come true.
- The party takes place at Home, a lively club sprawling over 3 floors with light shows, funky wall art and waterfront outdoor areas.
- Stay at the Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour, a cosy, bespoke hotel with a unique vibe, large rooms and funky amenities, close to the venue.
Points of Difference – Gay Celebration
- December 31st – The best LGBT+ New Year’s Eve party on Sydney Harbour. A ‘bucket-list’ event. Welcome in the New Year with a bang and be wined and dined all night long, enjoying the sounds of Sydney’s best DJ’s.
- Ascend to a cool gay oasis with unobstructed rooftop views of Sydney Harbour, taking in both the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, all with easy access from nearby train stations.
- The event takes place on top of the stunning rooftop Sculpture Terrace at the Museum of Contemporary Art Australia.
- Check out the top 10 hotels closest to the party.
Sydney NYE In the Park
- December 31st – Bringing future forward sounds and high energy extravaganzas to New Years Eve In The Park is the one and only Poof Doof Jamboree! The party takes place at Victoria Park, from 5pm.
- Poof Doof produce some of Sydney’s most epic gay parties and events and bring their unique and outrageous party vibes to the park at their very own side stage this year.
- Stay close to the park at the Hotel The Old Clare Hotel with most of the city’s major attractions within easy walking distance.
Candyland New Year’s Day
- January 1st 2024 – New year’s resolutions might be designed to be broken, but if there’s one you plan on keeping make sure it’s kicking off the brand-new year with your beloved Daywash party family at Candyland Circuit Summer Party.
- The iconic and historical Argyle at the Rocks welcomes you back with open arms across its multiple indoor and outdoor spaces where almost anything goes!
- The Rocks is home to Sydney’s top hotels, offering epic views of the world-famous harbour. The Park Hyatt is one of the city’s leading hotels offering guests a stunning rooftop terrace, world-class fitness centre and the most breathtaking locations in the city.
Daywash Kiki Pool Party Weekend – Post New Year’s Day
Recommended Hotels in Sydney
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Recommended Hotels in Sydney By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sydney that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located on Hyde Park in the Sydney CBD (Central Business District), Pullman Sydney Hyde Park features 2 restaurants and a rooftop pool and patio. All guest rooms offer views of the park or city and feature an LCD TV with cable channels. Pullman Sydney’s spacious guestrooms each include a desk, seating area and internet access. Guests can work out in the fitness centre.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in the heart of Surry Hills in Sydney, Crystalbrook Albion offers accommodation with an eclectic mix of heritage and contemporary details. It features a 24-hour desk with a team of hosts available to offer individualized service, a rooftop garden oasis with views over Surry Hills and Sydney city and an honour bar featuring top-shelf beverages and gourmet nibbles.
4 Star, Great Value
Situated just 2 minutes’ walk from Hyde Park and Oxford Street, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Sydney offers air-conditioned apartments, secure covered car parking, plus a restaurant and café. All apartments feature an LCD TV, an in-room safe and a hairdryer. Full kitchen facilities or a kitchenette are also provided. Guests have access to laundry and dry cleaning facilities
Rydges Sydney Central
4 Star, Location
Located on the edge of the Sydney Central Business District, Rydges Sydney Central features a 15 m indoor pool, a spa, 1 bar and 2 restaurants. All rooms and suites at the Rydges Sydney Central come with deluxe beds and custom furnishings. Modern amenities include internet access and a large flat-screen TV. Guests can work-out in the fitness centre and unwind in the sauna.
Celebration NYE Gay Sydney
New Year’s Eve Party
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Sydney
Sydney, has several neighborhoods known for their LGBTQ+ friendliness and vibrant culture. These areas are popular among the LGBTQ+ community and allies, offering a variety of entertainment, nightlife, and cultural experiences.
Darlinghurst | The Gay Hub of Sydney
- Known as Sydney’s LGBTQ+ hub,
- Darlinghurst is home to the famous Oxford Street, lined with LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- It’s the heart of the city’s LGBTQ+ scene and hosts the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Darlinghurst
Next to Darlinghurst, Surry Hills offers trendy cafes, & a bohemian feel. Popular with LGBTQ+ travelers
Known for its alternative culture, street art, quirky shops, live music, and an inclusive vibe its a unique experience.