From: Saturday, January 27, 2024
To: Saturday, January 27, 2024
Land, ho! Set sail for Tampa, shouts the legendary pirate Jose Gaspar as his band of buccaneers sail across the Hillsborough Bay and return to the City of Tampa.
- Stay at the Tampa Marriot Water Street for great views of the parade or close to all the action, should you decide to venture out and view the event on the harbor.
- On Saturday, January 27th, 2024, at 11:30 A.M., the only fully-rigged pirate ship in the world, the Jose Gasparilla, emerges at the south end of Hillsborough Bay followed by hundreds if not thousands of boats.
- The vibrant Gasparilla Flotilla then makes its way across Hillsborough Bay and into Seddon Channel (between Davis Island & Harbour Island) and the Gasparilla Invasion has begun!
- Amidst a volley of cannon fire, the City is defenseless. In this annual re-enactment of Tampa’s historic pirate invasion, the Gasparilla Flotilla – led by the Jose Gasparilla filled to the crow’s nest with swashbuckling YMKG pirates – creates a spectacular sight.
- When the Jose Gasparilla docks at the Tampa Convention Center (1:00 P.M.), the Mayor of Tampa surrenders the Key to the City to the Captain of Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla.
- With the Key to the City in hand, the Krewe celebrates their victory in a Parade of Pirates down Bayshore Boulevard.
- The invasion is free to the public. Tickets are available for Gasparilla Invasion Brunch. The city fills up for this event and is one of the annual highlights of the event calendar.
The Invasion Brunch
- Time: 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Location: Tampa Convention Center 333 S. Franklin Street, Tampa
- The Gasparilla Invasion Brunch at the Tampa Convention Center provides the best view in town of the historic Gasparilla Invasion, as the pirates of Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla sail up Seddon Channel aboard the Jose Gasparilla accompanied by a majestic flotilla, docking tableside at 1 p.m. at the Tampa Convention Center.
- The Gasparilla Invasion Brunch, includes live entertainment, a buffet brunch with cash bar and reserved table seating for one of the most unique and colorful spectacles found anywhere in the world.
THE VICTORY PARADE
- Time: 2pm
- Following another successful invasion by the pirates of Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla, the focus shifts to beautiful Bayshore Boulevard and South Ashley Drive in downtown Tampa. After successfully capturing the Key to the City (once again), the pirates of Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla celebrate with a victory parade that begins at 2 p.m. at Bay to Bay and Bayshore.
- The 4.5 mile Gasparilla Parade of the Pirates, which has been presented by Ye Mystic Krewe of Gasparilla annually since 1904, winds its way along Hillsboro Bay into downtown Tampa, with over 140 units – featuring one-hundred three (103) floats, three (3) marching bands and over fifty (50) participating social organizations (i.e. krewes).
Gasparilla Gay Circuit Party – Orange Party
- Awaiting dates – Celebrate Tampa’s Gasparilla in style at the annual Gasparilla T-Dance at Hula Bay.
- The GaYbor District is the most well-known LGBTQ neighborhood in the Tampa Bay area. Part of the historic Ybor City neighborhood, the GaYbor District includes many gay bars, nightclubs, shops, restaurants, and other businesses. The “gayborhood” is entered primarily around the intersection of 15th Street and 8th Avenue.
- The Hotel Haya is a great 4 star option with a superb pool, perfect for chilling out during the day and close to all the night time action in the bars.
Where to stay?
Here are the Hotels we recommend that keep you close to all the action in Gay Tampa.
Tampa Marriott, Hampton Inn & Suites, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn Tampa
Find the best hotel in Tampa Bay
Book now and Pay on arrival.
The Hilton Tampa is our editors choice
when we attend Tampa Bay Pride
For further information and advice on
Gasparilla Invasion The Website
All gay travellers to Tampa will find something to love about the city, in particular the GaYborhood in Ybor
booking.com our hotel partner .
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Tampa that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Higlights of one of Tampa’s most unique events