From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Galveston Gay Pride Beach Weekend 2024
Pride Galveston attracts thousands of visitors from nearby Houston and beyond for an amazing pride parade and party by the beach.
- Top Tip! – Weekends are especially busy in Galveston, so book your hotel well in advance. We recommend the Tremont House, a charming 4 star hotel with a great rooftop bar in the center of town.
- Nothing says summer in Houston like a trek to Galveston with your boys in tow rocking skimpy suits and underwear. And what better time to visit than during the annual pride celebrations.
- Pride Galveston began in 2017 as Beach Bash & Block Party, when Jamie Fuller-Waymire & Terry Fuller-Waymire decided a Pride festival would be a wonderful idea, as the island was lacking an event designed for the community. Pride Galveston has since ballooned into a three day celebration.
- The Pride Galveston Beach Bash & Block Party Weekend is the highlight of the event. Other parties include the Mr & Miss Pride Galveston Pageant.
- Enjoy after parties at the Piano Lounge at 23rd Street Station and at Robert’s Lafitte.
- Sunday’s pool party at Lafitte is the final goodbye event not to be missed.
Galveston Pride Schedule
- Friday – 9.pm – 12.am – Mister & Miss Pride Galveston Pageant at Robert’s Lafitte on 25th and Q.
- Saturday – 10.am – 5.pm – Beach Bash with live DJ’S at 1923 Boddecker Dr., Galveston, Texas (Also known as Apffel East Beach) with free food at the beach under the Pride Galveston Canopies.
- Sunday – 12.pm – 7.pm – 5th annual Pool Party at Robert’s Lafitte (25th St. and Avenue Q – Galveston, Texas) with live DJ’S by the pool. Live shows throughout the afternoon, including the winners of Mr. & Miss Pride and some special guests. Drink specials throughout the day and hot male dancers.
- Apffel East Beach hosts the annual Beach Bash. Located at the far eastern tip of the island, East Beach is home to a pavilion, boardwalk and entertainment stage as well as restrooms, showers, chair and umbrella rentals, concessions and other amenities.
- Special events and concerts are held here throughout the summer. Unlike most of Galveston’s beaches, alcohol is permitted at East Beach.
- Stay just on minute drive from the beach at the Harbor House Hotel and Marina, rated “Superb” by guests with spacious rooms and friendly staff.
Galveston Gay Beaches
- Sandy beaches extend for 32 miles along Galveston island’s southern shore. Some favorites with LGBTQ sun worshipers include Stewart Beach, at 6th Street and Seawall Boulevard, and East Beach, at the island’s eastern tip.
Galveston Gay Scene
- Galveston is Houston’s answer to Boston’s Provincetown or New York’s Fire Island. It’s a seaside destination where gay guys can feel comfortable strolling down the street together.
- Barely an hour from Houston, most people drive to Galveston. Gay bars are centred around the historic downtown Strand & Seaport district, a National Historic Landmark, complete with 19th century architecture, shopping, dining, museums and more.
- Galveston has a handful of gay nightspots, the most popular being Rumors Beach Bar, which offers sweeping Gulf views, late-night dancing, and riotous drag shows. Also check out long-running 23rd Street Station.
Recommended Hotels in Galveston
The following hotels are all close to the pride celebrations
Recommended Hotels in Galveston By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Galveston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants bars
Hotel Galvez and Spa
4 Star – Good Location
Featuring a full serviceand an outdoor heated pool, this luxury resort is located on the shores of the Gulf of Mexico just a 5-minute drive from Central Galveston. Free WiFi is provided
Coppersmith Inn B&B
4 Star, Style
Fitted with a patio, the units offer air conditioning and feature a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with shower and a hairdryer. A fridge is also featured, as well as a kettle and a coffee machine.
The Tremont House
4 Star – Great Amenities
Free Wi-Fi and cable TV are included in the classically decorated guestrooms of this Galveston hotel. In-room tea- and coffee-making facilities are also provided for added convenience.
The San Luis Resort Spa
4 Star – Pamper yourself
This beachfront resort also features a spa. All rooms at the resort are equipped with a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels and a private bathroom with luxury toiletries