From: Saturday, August 17, 2024
To: Sunday, August 18, 2024
Flame Con New York 2024
Flame Con New York is an annual multi-genre entertainment and comic convention focusing on gay fans and creators of pop culture.
- Are you visiting Flame Con? Stay close to the convention at the citizenM New York Times Square, rated “Superb” by guests, offering stylish rooms with impressive views, a modern gym and one of the coolest rooftop bars in the city.
- Flame Con is the first LGBTQ comic convention in New York City and the largest LGBTQ comic convention in the world.
- The event takes place over two days in August each year and runs on Saturday from 12 pm to 8 pm and on Sunday from 12 pm to 6 pm.
- Flamecon features over 200 artists and exhibitors along “Artists’ Alley” attracting more than six thousand visitors.
- All the guests are prominent cartoonists, and the lineup of creators is stellar.
- Whether you’re looking for new, original LGBTQ+ comics and art; or some of the best and hottest fan art of characters from Sailor Moon, Voltron, Steven Universe, and many other of the biggest and gayest properties out there; Flame Con has what you’re looking for.
- Other events include multiple panels and discussion groups.
- If you’re gay, there is something for you here.
- The convention is packed with comics and media featuring gay characters and story lines. It is a unique and wonderful experience, not to be missed if you are in town over the weekend.
- In true Flame Con fashion, organisers will also host a Flame Con after party, the FireBall.
- Flame Con is a safer space for LGBTQ+ people to experiment with and express their identities.
- Attendees can play with gender to their heart’s desire.
- From happy trans people cosplaying as a character of their own gender for the first time to fabulous drag queens towering in eight inch Wonder Woman heels, the costumes are outlandish, over the top and very gay!
- Oh, and who doesn’t love a New Yorker’s sexy take on Mario and Luigi.
- Flame Con New York is held at the Times Square Sheraton on 7th avenue.
- The hotel is conveniently located close to all of New York’s best shopping, attractions and the gay bars of nearby Hell’s Kitchen.
- Flame Con attracts several thousand visitors, so the hotel fills up fast. Nearby Hotels include:
- M Social Hotel Times Square New York – Delicious breakfasts, rooms with great views and excellent location.
- Michelangelo Hotel – Spacious rooms, gym, spa and pool.
- Flame Con takes place within a 10 minutes walk from Hell’s Kitchen. is famous for its gay dance clubs, such as Industry, Hardware, and Ritz.
- The neighbourhood has some of the best gay bars in New York City to watch drag queens giving their best. You can also find dive bars with cheap drinks and even a country queer bar! Because of its location, right next to Times Square, the crowd is very mixed with locals and tourists.
- Check out the top 10 places to stay in Hell’s Kitchen
Recommended Hotels in New York
The following hotels are close to the convention and are within walking distance of some of the gay bars, and a short taxi ride to others.
Gay Map of New York
Most of the gay bars are located in the Christopher Street and Time square areas; we have found hotels closes to the gay bars in each area that have the best revues with our hotel partner Booking.com
Recommended Hotels in New York By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in New York that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The New York EDITION
5 Star, Luxury
Located in the iconic landmark Metropolitan Life Clock Tower 22 m from Madison Square Park, The New York EDITION offers a Michelin star restaurant and free WiFi access. Featuring oversized windows and sweeping city views, every room includes photography by Melvin Sokolsky.
CitizenM 4 Star
Located right in the heart of Manhattan, this hotel is just 1 minute’s walk from Times Square & within 5 minutes’ walk of Central Park & Columbus Circle. Rockefeller Center & the Empire State Building are within 15 minutes’ walk. A flat-screen TV & a small refrigerator with free water
4 Star, Luxury
Arlo NoMad is 644 m from Madison Square Park, 322 m from the Empire State Building & 805 m from Herald Square. The access to the Subway Train 6, on 33rd Street & Park Avenue, is 322 m from the property. Each room at the hotel is sized at 150 square feet, with a refrigerator, flat-screen cable TV,
4 Star, Location
InterContinental New York Times Square is spread across 36 stories & offers accommodation with floor-to-ceiling windows offering views of the Manhattan skyline, Hudson River and Broadway Theater District. rooms includes flat-screen TV, work station, spa-inspired bathroom
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in New York
New York City is incredibly diverse, and LGBTQ+ communities can be found throughout the city. These neighborhoods, however, are particularly renowned for their vibrant gay scenes and welcoming atmospheres. Enjoy exploring the Big Apple
Hells Kitchen | Midtown Manhattan
- Situated in Midtown Manhattan, Hell’s Kitchen is a thriving gay neighborhood. It offers a mix of trendy restaurants, bars, and entertainment venues.
- Many Broadway theaters are located in this area, making it convenient for theater enthusiasts.
- The neighborhood also hosts the annual Drag March and boasts a diverse range of bars and clubs.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Hells Kitchen