From: Friday, August 2, 2024
To: Monday, August 12, 2024
Festival of the Flowers Medellin, Feria de las Flores 2024
La Feria de las Flores takes over the city of Medellin for two weeks in late July/Early August for a series of concerts and parties culminating on the final day with a large parade. The Gay Feria de Las Flores is held during the same period. Medellin is the city of eternal springtime, blessed with pleasant and warm weather throughout the year.
- Are you visiting for Medellin Flower Festival? It is the biggest event of the year, so plan ahead. Stay in El Poblado, home to the city’s top gay bars and clubs and the main pride festivities. Stay at the Sites hotel complete with a beautiful rooftop lounge and rooms with sweeping views of the city.
The Flower Festival
- Medellin’s Feria de las Flores has all the ingredients for a memorable event, great weather, sexy paisa boys and lots of flowers!
- The event began in 1957 to celebrate Colombia’s flower industry and has grown into a ten-day event, becoming one of the most popular festivals in the country. Flowers are one of the main exports of Colombia.
- During this Festival, you can enjoy a classic car parade with lots of old but stylish cars in good condition.
- Besides, folk music, dancing, and tasty traditional food and drinks.
- The Festival is full of different activities like impressive concerts and pagan parades.
Desfile de Autos Clasicos (Classic Car Parade).
- Each year an estimated one million people see the Desfile de Autos Clasicos (Classic Car Parade).
- Paisas have some vintage cars that are in excellent condition.
- And some Colombians even come from all over the country to participate in this very popular parade.
- Every year, they dust the cars off and dress up in costumes to go for a drive in the classic car parade.
- Over 300 vehicles participate in the event.
- Stay close to the gay centre of Medellin at The Lettera Hotel, a beautiful 4-star hotel with spacious rooms and a wide variety of breakfast options. It is just a two-minute drive to the city’s busy bars and nightlife.
Desfile de Silleteros, The Flower Parade
- August 11th, 2024 – The highlight of the Festival is the Desfile de Silleteros.
- Th eveentcommemorates the labourers who used to hoist wooden silletas (structures decorated with flowers) on their backs to transport their goods into town.
- The parade features lots of pretty colourful flowers everywhere.
- Participants in the parade decorate wooden silletas with elaborate flower arrangements.
- Creations are carried through the streets with dancers in colourful costumes and marching drum bands.
- Flower arrangements are made at the nearby pueblo of Santa Elena.
- Desfile de Silleteros attracts thousands of visitors from Colombia and beyond as the city streets transform into a colourful party zone.
- The event even has its official theme song each year.
Metro Concierto de Conciertos
- August 11th, 2024 – The Festival offers more than 150 various concerts and other activities.
- One event not to miss is the Metro Concierto de Conciertos.
- Held on the final Sunday of the Festival, the event brings together some of the top Latin pop stars from across South America at the Estadio Atanasio Girardot.
- Other locations hosting events include Teatro Carlos Vieco and Edificio Vasquez.
- The concert begins at 6 pm, but you should arrive early to avoid the queues.
Gay Feria de Las Flores
- El Mozo and Industry Club host special themed parties during the final weekend of the Festival of flowers as the gay bars along the El Poblado district come alive with thousands of visitors celebrating and enjoying the unique party atmosphere.
- By day you can take the Tour Queer Flores y Silletas and learn more about the Flower Fair, its traditions and customs.
Gay Tour of Medellin
- Discover the best of Gay Medellin with a VIP Party night tour. Visit 4 to 5 different bars and clubs during the night.
- The itinerary depends on what’s hot that night; the tour guide’s knowledge of the city party scene and close relationship with bars help them decide. All of your drinks and transportation are included!
- All clients enjoy VIP entrances without lines and cover all the bars and clubs.
Medellin Gay Bars
- Bar Chiquita – Friendly neighborhood bar with a large outdoor terrace, the perfect place to watch the world go by.
- Donde Aquellos – Flirt with local hot Colombians and enjoy a mix of pop and salsa music on the large outdoor terrace.
- La Cantina de Javi – Popular with locals and one of our top recommendations for an authentic experience.
- Ink Bar 33 – In the Laureles district close to the Viva gay club, complete with dance floor and happy hours.
Medellin Gay Clubs
- Viva Discoteca – Large gay club with theme nights on Saturday evenings with two dancefloors playing everything from Crossover music to Reggaeton. In Colombia, “crossover” refers to an eclectic mix of music where anything from salsa, vallenato, and merengue, to pop, Reggaeton, and electronica is played.
- Zero by Purple Club – Small but busy club in Poblado playing classic Latino pop mixes. Open Thursday to Saturday.
- Industry Club – Popular club with two dance halls playing electro music and full of hot circuit boys. Open on Fridays and Saturdays.
Here are the hotels we recommend with good reviews, close to all the action:
Map of Gay Medellin
Recommended Hotels in Medellin
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Medellin that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Set in a modern building featuring a terrace with a hot tub and BBQ facilities, Sites offers self-catering accommodation with free Wi-Fi and plasma TVs in Medellin. The rooms at Sites are fitted with modern furnishing, and seating areas with sofa beds. facilities include microwaves and refrigerators. Cleaning service is provided daily.
4 Star, Readers Choice
The accommodation provides a 24-hour front desk, airport transfers, room service and free WiFi. Air-conditioned rooms offering a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower. At Lettera Hotel the rooms include bed linen and towels. The accommodation offers a continental or American breakfast.
4 Star, Great Value
The Four Points Sheraton Medellin is located in the heart of the Poblado commercial and financial district, downtown Medellin. It offers spacious rooms, an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a massage room and a fitness center. Rooms are tasteful air-conditioned interiors. All are equipped with free Wi-Fi, cable TV and a minibar.
14 Urban Hotel
4 Star, Location
Featuring a bar, shared lounge and views of city, the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and room service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms offering a wardrobe, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Video, Festival of the Flowers Medellin
A detailed look at the event, from the costumes to the parades