From: Sunday, February 11, 2024
To: Sunday, February 11, 2024
Fair Day at Sydney Mardi Gras 2024
Fair Day, is Mardi Gras’ free family-friendly carnival of rainbow festivities, featuring a host of activities for the young and old, the tame and the bold!
- Stay close to Victoria Park. The Old Clare Hotel has spacious rooms, a great rooftop bar and gorgeous pool.
- Every year, a melting pot of 70,000 smiling faces gather together in Victoria Park to celebrate not only the beginning of Mardi Gras, but also the power and beauty of diversity. With over 250 stalls, Fair Day will spread out through the entire Park.
- Stalls that highlight the amazing diversity of the LGBTQI community include the 78ers, Queer Screen, Sydney Gay & Lesbian Choir, Dykes on Bikes, Gender Centre, Rainbow Families, Wett Ones Swimming Club, Sydney Roller Derby, Glitoris, Harbour City Bears, the Sydney Femme Guild and the Australian Gay and Lesbian Archives.
- There is always something for everyone at Fair Day, even fur babies are a part of the action. Bring your most fabulous dog down to Fair Day to strut their stuff at the world-famous Doggywood competition.
- Events culminate in a series of live concerts featuring guest stars from Sydney and beyond.
- Stay close to the park at the Veriu Broadway hotel, with spacious rooms and rated “Fabulous” by guests.
- Victoria Park is a 9-hectare urban park situated on the corner of Parramatta Road and City Road, Camperdown and is surrounded by shady spots, a playground, swimming pool and cafe. Victoria Park pool is a popular gay day spot during the Summer season.
- The park is a 10 minute taxi ride from the gay bars of Oxford Street.
Where to stay in Gay Sydney?
The following Sydney hotels are currently trending with our readers. All are close to the gay bars and clubs and have a high review score:
Recommended Hotels in Sydney By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Sydney that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
Located on Hyde Park in the Sydney CBD (Central Business District), Pullman Sydney Hyde Park features 2 restaurants and a rooftop pool and patio. All guest rooms offer views of the park or city and feature an LCD TV with cable channels. Pullman Sydney’s spacious guestrooms each include a desk, seating area and internet access. Guests can work out in the fitness centre.
5 Star, Readers Choice
Situated in the heart of Surry Hills in Sydney, Crystalbrook Albion offers accommodation with an eclectic mix of heritage and contemporary details. It features a 24-hour desk with a team of hosts available to offer individualized service, a rooftop garden oasis with views over Surry Hills and Sydney city and an honour bar featuring top-shelf beverages and gourmet nibbles.
4 Star, Great Value
Situated just 2 minutes’ walk from Hyde Park and Oxford Street, Wyndham Vacation Resorts Sydney offers air-conditioned apartments, secure covered car parking, plus a restaurant and café. All apartments feature an LCD TV, an in-room safe and a hairdryer. Full kitchen facilities or a kitchenette are also provided. Guests have access to laundry and dry cleaning facilities
Rydges Sydney Central
4 Star, Location
Located on the edge of the Sydney Central Business District, Rydges Sydney Central features a 15 m indoor pool, a spa, 1 bar and 2 restaurants. All rooms and suites at the Rydges Sydney Central come with deluxe beds and custom furnishings. Modern amenities include internet access and a large flat-screen TV. Guests can work-out in the fitness centre and unwind in the sauna.
Video Of Fair Day at Sydney Mardi Gras
FAIR DAY 2016 – Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Sydney
Sydney, has several neighborhoods known for their LGBTQ+ friendliness and vibrant culture. These areas are popular among the LGBTQ+ community and allies, offering a variety of entertainment, nightlife, and cultural experiences.
Darlinghurst | The Gay Hub of Sydney
- Known as Sydney’s LGBTQ+ hub,
- Darlinghurst is home to the famous Oxford Street, lined with LGBTQ+-friendly bars, clubs, restaurants, and shops.
- It’s the heart of the city’s LGBTQ+ scene and hosts the annual Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Darlinghurst
Next to Darlinghurst, Surry Hills offers trendy cafes, & a bohemian feel. Popular with LGBTQ+ travelers
Known for its alternative culture, street art, quirky shops, live music, and an inclusive vibe its a unique experience.