From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Dallas Gay Pride 2024
This year Dallas Pride will celebrate all its festivities in Fair Park. The park covers 277-acres just east of downtown Dallas. The event park hosts both the pride festival and the Dallas pride parade.
- Visiting for Dallas Pride? The event takes place in Fair Park. Stay close to this location. We recommend the Kimpton – Pittman Hotel, a new hotel with a great pool and large rooms.
The Dallas Pride Music Festival
- Typically the Saturday of the Weekend – The Dallas Pride Music Festival takes place in the Centennial, Automobile Buildings and Esplanade in Fair Park. The music festival features several stages with live performances, DJs and drag shows throughout the day.
- Awaiting the line up and schedule for 2024
The Dallas Pride Parade
- Typically the Sunday of the Weekend – The Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade typically takes place on Sunday, inside Fair Park, from Coliseum to Hall of State.
Plunge – Waterpark Day
- Awaiting Dates – Daddy Ersin hosts a unique evening party at the Hawaiian Falls Garland with Plunge, featuring international guest DJs and a unique night time experience, the first LGBT waterpark event in Texas.
Pride Pool Party
- Awaiting Dates – Celebrate the end of Dallas Pride in style & in the sun on a rooftop pool with fabulous queer boys & girls ready to party the night away at the Crystal Queer Riot.
- Awaiting Dates – Spectrum Dallas Pride Tea Dance – The Official Closing T Dance with Music by Joe Pacheco and Tyler Moore., from 4 pm at The Patio at S4.
- Fair Park covers 277-acres just east of downtown Dallas. It is a cultural, historical and entertainment venue as well as a National Historic Landmark; many of the buildings were constructed for the Texas Centennial Exposition in 1936.
- It is the most visited attraction in Texas; home to five museums and ten performance venues.
- The Pride venue is a 9 minute (5.3 Mile) journey from the gay district of Oak Lawn in Uptown Dallas.
Pride in Dallas
- Dallas has two prides, the second of which is held in September in Oak Lawn, the historic home of Dallas Pride.
- The event was “re-started” in 2022, with a weeklong series of events and parties culminating in a colorful street parade through the city’s popular gay district.
- “Pride in Dallas“, as it is know, returns in Septmber 2023.
The majority of gay venues in Dallas are centred along Cedar Springs Road in Oaklawn,bursting with bars, restaurants and neighborhoods that celebrate diversity. Bishop Arts District is also worth a visit home to some great shopping and cocktail bars. The following bars and restaurants are some of the most popular in the city:
- Lucky’s Cafe – Start your day at Lucky’s, a retro theme diner with delicious pancakes and great coffee. If you are a late riser, consider brunch on the patio of Toulouse with a French inspired menu. For Dinner head to Fearing’s for a special treat.
- Get your boots scooting with dance lessons at the Round-Up Saloon, boasting the best-looking cowboys for 34 years. Ready for round two? Join the rollicking dance party and drag shows at Woody’s or enjoy live music at Sue Ellen’s.
Where to stay during Dallas Pride
The following hotels are close to all the gay bars and clubs and just a short ride away to Fair Park.
Gay Map of Dallas
Texans are proud to say that everything is bigger in the Lone Star State. One visit to “The Strip,” the center of gay life along Cedar Springs Road, and you will see what we mean. The nightlife venues are gargantuan! Every place has at least one outdoor patio.
Recommended Hotels in Dallas By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Dallas that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Hotel Crescent Court
5 Star, Luxury
Modern styling and a French doors opening to a private balcony are featured in each guest room at Hotel Crescent Court. A flat-screen TV with satellite channels, as well as an iPod docking station are available. Certain units feature a seating area to relax in after a busy day. You will find a coffee machine in the room.
4 Star, Excellent Gym
This beautifully restored historic mansion is located in uptown Dallas, 3.2 km from the city centre. It offers an on-site restaurant and a local transfer service. Each elegant guest room at the Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek has a 42-inch flat-screen plasma TV and they are also furnished with a stocked minibar.
Warwick Melrose Hotel
4 Star, Luxury Feel
The guestrooms and suites at the Melrose Warwick boast a variety of contemporary amenities for a comfortable stay. After a busy day, guests can relax while watching a pay film with a beverage from the in-room refreshment centre or meal from the hotel’s 24-hour room service.
Hotel ZaZa 4 Star
Unique pieces of art and Mediterranean decor style each room. A spacious work desk, a sofa and a refrigerator are included for your convenience. There is also a flat-screen cable TV in every room. The Dragonfly, Hotel ZaZa’s extravagant restaurant, offers a fine dining experience. Exercise in the state-of-the-art fitness centre and then relax in the pool.
Video Of Gay Dallas, Oaklawn and Pride
An official guide to the city’s gay district Oaklawn and the Dallas Gay Pride Parade.
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Dallas
Dallas, where cowboy charm meets urban chic! For the gay traveller, Dallas is a rhinestone-studded paradise where the LGBTQ+ community thrives. Dive into Oak Lawn, the city’s vibrant gayborhood, where you can two-step in a country saloon by night and brunch under twinkling fairy lights in the afternoon.
Oak Lawn | Silver Springs Road
- The heart of the LGBTQ+ community beats loudly in the Oak Lawn area, especially along Cedar Springs Road, the city’s main gay district.
- Oak Lawn has been the epicentre of Dallas’s LGBTQ+ community since the 1970s and remains one of the most gay-friendly areas in the whole state of Texas.
- The neighbourhood hosts its own special Cedar Springs Road Pride celebrations each year in September.
- Discover the best things to see and do in Dallas
Home to the city’s skyscrapers, historic buildings, top museums and famous main street trolleys.
Arts and entertainment district, Deep Ellum, is known for its murals, music venues, and eclectic vibe.