From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Come Out St.Pete 2021
Come out to St. Pete for a day celebrating pride, inclusion, equality and most importantly, LOVE! Celebrate “National Coming out day” with a week-long series of events culminating in a unique celebration on National Coming out day.
In the spirit of turning (over) leaves and changing colours, Come Out St. Pete is ready for a week-long celebration of National Coming Out Day. Head to the Grand Central District to stroll and visit businesses from 17th to 31st Streets.
- The annual LGBTQ awareness day, observed on Oct. 11, supports lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people coming out to family, friends and colleagues, and living life openly as they are. First celebrated in the United States in 1988, the founding idea was in the “spirit of the personal being political.”
- Come Out St. Pete was founded in 2017 and is held in October to coincide with the 1987 March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights anniversary. The festival has a schedule of events similar to St. Pete Pride and includes drag queen bingo, a motorcade and a street festival.
- Other events in the lead up to the weekend include pool parties, bbqs, a Tea Dance, A Royal Court Pageant and the Pride Flag Unfurling.
Come Out Cruise Around:
- Decorate your street-legal vehicles with rainbow flags and show your pride as you drive around the streets of St. Petersburg and Gulfport. Free. 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 16. Meet at Estuary Park.
Come Out St. Pete Festival:
- Participating vendors and businesses set up booths along Central Avenue on Oct 16th in the Grand Central District, St. Petersburg.
- Stay close to the event at the TRU by Hilton St. Petersburg Downtown Central Avenue with large rooms and perfect location.
- Head to The Pink Palace, famous for its pink façade and grandeur architecture for a beach escape. Officially known as The Don CeSar has welcomed guests since its opening in 1928. The hotel has some of the best views in St. Pete and has been a long-time ally of the gay community.
Here are other hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of St.Pete, Tampa, Florida
Arguably the largest and most popular gay destination on Florida’s Gulf Coast, the St. Petersburg region has a good mix of gay nightspots. The highest concentration is just west of downtown in the Grand Central District, but there are others in the beach communities and nearby cities of Clearwater and Dunedin. A mixture of artists, hipsters, visionaries, LGBTIs have reinvented St Pete and the balmy Florida air gives even the city’s oldest citizens a youthful vigor. booking.com our hotel partner .
Recommended Apartments in St Pete
The holiday home has 3 bedrooms, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, an equipped kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine, and 2 bathrooms with a hot tub. Fee WiFi, air conditioning and a garden
This 3 Bedroom apartment offers modern furnishings & decor, 2 flat-screen Smart TVs, dining table. Fully equipped kitchen, stainless steel appliances, refrigerator, stove/oven, dishwasher, Free WiFi, air conditioning,
The apartment includes 1 bedroom and a living room with a TV. The accommodation is equipped with a full equipped kitchen with a microwave and fridge. Bathroom with shower. Free WiFi, linens & towels, air conditioning
This central location, recently remodeled and comfortable living space provide 2 bedrooms a fully equipped kitchen with stainless steel appliances, refrigerator, stove/oven, microwave, 1 bathroom with shower. FREE WiFi
Recommended Hotels in St. Petersburg
Arguably the largest and most popular gay destination on Florida’s Gulf Coast, the St. Petersburg region has a good mix of gay nightspots
4 Star The grand-dame
Located along the Tampa Bay coast, thishotel features an on-site spa and heated pools. The Chihuly Collection glass sculpture museum and Museum of Fine Arts are 5 minutes’ walk away.
3 Star, Luxury
Located in Saint Petersburg city centre, this boutique hotel features an on-site restaurant and heated outdoor pool with a poolside bar, and free WiFi. A small refrigerator, microwave, and cable TV are featured in all rooms
Hampton Inn & Suites
3 Star – Great Amenities
A 2-minute walk from the waterfront and the Museum of Fine Arts, this hotel features an outdoor pool and a fitness center. It offers spacious, air-conditioned rooms with cable TV. All guest rooms are equipped with free Wi-Fi, & coffee maker
Courtyard by Marriott
3 Star – Perfect Location
This hotel is located in Saint Petersburg city centre, only 900 m from North Shore beach. Free WiFi access and an indoor swimming pool are featured at the property. A cable TV, a desk, and a small refrigerator are included in all rooms