From: Friday, March 15, 2024
To: Sunday, March 31, 2024
Christchurch Pride 2024
Christchurch, Ōtautahi in Māori, is the third largest city in New Zealand. Christchurch Pride is one of Gay New Zealand’s most colorful events featuring a parade, festival and several cultural events and parties.
- Visiting Christchurch for Pride? Treat yourself at The George with stunning views and impeccable service. Alternatively try the Crown Plaza, with an ultra modern feel and Superb rating.
Signature Pride Events
- March 15th to 31st 2024 – Activities and events taking place during the festival are wide and varied.
- Popular events include the annual Christchurch Pride Art Show and the North Canterbury Rainbow Picnic, the pride dog walk, The Good Home Gastropub’s Karaoke Party and the “City 2 Surf” run featuring some well known faces from The Heroes rugby team!
Christchurch Pride Parade & After Party
- Christchurch Pride Parade is a colorful affair taking to the streets of central Christchurch followed by a pride after party. Route details and locations for 2024 have yet to be confirmed.
Christchurch Pride Parties
- Popular parties include FriGay Drinks and of course the essential Drag Queen Bingo! Maison de Crepes hosts the Bottomless Drag Brunch while those seeking to wash away their sins should check out the FOMO Foam Party. You can also take your chances on the Mystery Bus Tour and the Pride Boat party.
- Saturday night’s Qtopia Pride Ball is one of the highlights of the event and takes place at the stunning Christ Church Art Gallery with great DJS, delicious food and some spectacular entertainment.
- Gay life in Christchurch is quite vibrant with several pop up social events and parties held throughout the year. Cruz bar and nightclub is one of the most famous gay bars in New Zealand, hosting several theme nights and parties. It has also undergone extensive refurbishment over the past year.
Christchurch Bears Events
- The Christchurch bears organise several events during the pride week including a Pride Bear Pool Party.
- On the third Thursday of every month the Bears Christchurch hold there monthly evening event at the Volstead Trading Co, with a large selection of craft beers on tap, cocktails, and Mexican food.
- The Mask Party and Sleaze parties at Menfriends are always a sell out success. Menfriends is the only gay sauna in Christchurch located outside the city centre in Phillipstown.
- The venue is spread across two floors with lockers, lounge, cruising floor, hot tub, sauna and outdoor garden. Other theme nights such as Jocks and Fetish attract a mixed crowd of both younger and older guys.
Where to stay in Gay Christchurch?
The gay scene in Christchurch is quite compact and most of the bars and clubs are located close to the central business district.
The following Christchurch Hotels are currently trending with our readers:
Gay Map of Christchurch
Recommended Hotels in Christchurch By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Christchurch that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
New in 2019, this 5-star boutique hotel is ideally located on Victoria Street At the hotel, every room offers free movies to enjoy throughout your stay. In addition, all rooms are equipped with a fridge, wardrobe and a flat-screen TV as well as private en suite bathrooms. For your comfort, rooms are also fitted with air conditioning.
5 Star, Readers Choice
The George is a luxurious 5-star boutique hotel and a member of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, has 52 stylish and comfortable guest rooms. All of the accommodation is spacious, features contemporary furnishings and has a modern bathroom. Modern in-room amenities including 42” LCD TV, digital movie system and free Wi-Fi.
Orari Boutique Hotel
4 Star, Great Value
Orari Boutique Hotel is located in the centre of Christchurch, directly across from the Christchurch Art Gallery. Built in 1893, the heritage-listed home has been extensively refurbished and offers modern comforts including air-conditioning in all rooms. Orari Boutique Hotel includes a range of guest rooms from cozy to large and spacious.
4 Star, Location
At the hotel each room comes with air conditioning, a desk, a flat-screen TV, a private bathroom, bed linen, towels and a patio with a garden view. Every room has a kettle, while certain rooms include a kitchen with an oven and a stovetop. At The Salisbury business class all rooms have a seating area. Guests at the accommodation can enjoy a continental breakfast.
Travel Guide Christchurch, New Zealand
Christchurch – The Ever Evolving City