From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Chicago Air and Water Show Weekend 2022
The Chicago Air and Water Show is the oldest and largest show of this kind in the United States and is one of the biggest Summer parties in the city.
Head over to the Navy Pier at the shores of Lake Michigan to see spectacular planes flying above, and boats swimming around during the Chicago Air and Water Show. The events end with a stunning firework display. The festival coincides with the annual American Lobster Fest so dine out in style while watching the show.
The Chicago Air and Water Show is the largest free of charge show of its kind in the United States. It has been held every year since 1959 and is Chicago’s second most popular public festival. Every year it attracts about 2 million spectators. The show is presented by the City of Chicago and can be observed at the lakefront starting from Fullerton to Oak Street.
The best places to watch the Chicago Air and Water Show
- The North Avenue Beach is the most popular spot, where grandstand seats for the water show are located. The event runs from 10am to 3pm. Many venues across the city host special viewing parties:
- Willis Tower’s private business club The Metropolitan will host a swanky event for the Air Show, inviting folks to scale the Tower and see the show at eye-level with the flyers.
- At the east end of Navy Pier, the Miller Lite Beer Garden will host a viewing party for the Air Show on Saturday and Sunday.
- Inside the Lincoln Park Zoo, the Patio at Cafe Brauer will offer a $4 beer special — with any purchase — to commemorate the Air and Water Show.
- Head to the Sand Bar Beer Garden pop-up at the northeast corner of the North Avenue Beach Boathouse from 10:30 a.m. through 3:30 p.m. Friday through Sunday for the Air and Water Show. It’s the only beachfront space that permits alcohol during the event.
- Shore Club’s brunch and a premium open bar will both be available from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Just north of North Avenue Beach, Theater on the Lake offers another water-adjacent viewing option, with great sight lines from its three-acre space. The party runs from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday
The Chicago Air and Water Show an impressive event with the participation of the best civil and military pilots who fly civil planes side by side with military planes in aerobatic shows, free fall demonstrations, marine and air rescue exercises.
Many of the gay bars in Boystown will host special theme nights during the event. Expect to see lots of men in uniform and get ready to fly!
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Chicago
The area in Chicago with the most gay bars is Boys town offering over 20 bar, we have chosen hotels close to this area that have good revues on bookings.
Recommended Apartments in Chicago
This lovely 3-bedroom apartment is professionally designed with modern furniture, a spacious living room, a fully furnished kitchen and bathroom. Your ideal accommodation for a perfect getaway.
This vintage modern décor 2-bedroom apartment Offers a living room with flat-screen TV, a fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher and 1 bathroom with a shower. Located in middle of all the excitement of Boystown
Luxury apartment offering a living room with flat screen TV, a fitted with a kitchen with a washing machine 1 bedroom with double bed and 1 bathroom with shower, this apartment features free WiFi.
This modern apartment is fitted with air conditioning, a fully equipped kitchen, a living room with a flat-screen TV, and a private bathroom with shower and free toiletries. Boasting free WiFi. Everything you need to enjoy your stay
Recommended Hotels in Chicago
The main gay village in Chicago is the world famous “Boystown”, one of the most most vibrant LGBT communities in the world. As well as offering the essential gay bars and clubbing experience, it also boasts great restaurants, quirky shops and a friendly vibe. Boystown is conveniently accessible by way of the Brown or Red Line, bus or a quick drive up Lake Shore Drive. We have selected gay-friendly hotels within easy walking distance of the village.
The Peninsula Chicago
5 Star, Luxury
Located along the Magnificent Mile, this Chicago hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the Museum of Contemporary Art. The hotel offers a full-service Asian-inspired spa, & spacious luxury guest rooms with city views.
The Silversmith Hotel
4 Star, Readers Choice
Located in the centre of the Loop, near Chicago’s theater and the financial district, this hotel is close to dining, shopping, and many major attractions. Spacious rooms include cable TV and free WiFi.
Gray Hotel Chicago
4 Star, Great Value
Just blocks away from Michigan Avenue’s Magnificent Mile, this boutique hotel is located in the heart of downtown Chicago and offers a rooftop bar, and contemporary-styled guest rooms with free WiFi.
4 Star, Location
This property is 5 minutes walk from the beach. Located in Chicago city centre, this luxury boutique hotel boasts an on-site restaurant & free WiFi. Shopping & dining on Michigan Avenue is 2 minutes away.