From: Friday, Sep 10th, 2021
To: Monday, Oct 25th, 2021
Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade 2021
Charlotte Pride, the city’s largest and most colorful parade and festival celebrating the LGBTQ community, will return with in-person events starting in August. Events are scheduled for what organisers are calling “Charlotte Pride Season”
Looking to stay in Charlotte for a pride event? Check out the Omni hotel, just a short drive from the NoDa gay district. NoDa, short for North Davidson, is the city’s arts, entertainment and gay district. It’s known for its eclectic galleries and music venues, including the Neighborhood Theatre
Instead of the usual week-long celebration, organizers said this year’s Pride will last a whole season, running for four months until mid-November, to avoid widespread gathering of people in a short span of time.
Many events will be streamed this year. One in person event not to be missed is the Mask-Queerade Bar Crawl!
- Oct. 16 — Charlotte Pride Pop-Up Shops
- Oct. 16 – 24 — Charlotte Pride Scavenger Hunt
- Oct. 22 — Charlotte Pride Drag Pageant
- Oct. 23 — Mask-Queerade Bar Crawl
- Oct. 23 — Charlotte Pridestream
- Oct. 24 — Charlotte Pride Interfaith Service
- Nov. 5 – 7 — Reel Out Charlotte
- Nov. 13 — Community Conference & Job Fair
- Nov. 14 — Charlotte Pride Free Store
Mask-Queerade Bar Crawl
- A one of a kind bar crawl in the south end. Tickets are just $20 in advance and $25 at the door and include: An official Mask-Queerade event t-shirt, Food and/or Drink specials at participating venues, Free covers at all participating venues, Map and timeline of the route
- Participating Venues:
The Suffolk Punch, Triple C Brewing Co. Hoppin’,QC Pour House,SouthBound,Sycamore Brewing,The Music Yard,Tyber Creek Pub,Wooden Robot Brewery,The Bar at 316
Charlotte Pride 2022
The Charlotte Pride Festival & Parade is the Queen City’s annual celebration of the LGBTQ community held in the heart of Uptown on Tryon Street each August.
Charlotte Pride attracts over 200,000 visitors over the course of the weekend each year. It is the city’s largest annual parade by total number of entrants and marchers. The event supports the work and programs of Charlotte Pride throughout the year, including its Charlotte Latinx Pride and Charlotte Trans Pride programs and Reel Out Charlotte, the Queen City’s annual LGTBQ film festival, held each spring.
Charlotte Pride typically takes place in late August and is a week long series of events that culminates in the Festival and Parade on the Saturday and Sunday.
The Charlotte Pride Parade 2022
- The Charlotte Pride parade kicks off at 1pm and runs until 2pm. The route changes each year but is always held uptown. The parade is made up of a mixture of elaborate floats, individuals and groups dressed up in elaborate costumes. The event is open to everyone and has a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The entire city celebrates the event with enthusiasm and love.
The Festival 2022
- The Pride festival runs over the Saturday and Sunday and features a gay village complete with food trucks, stands and a huge stage with live performances throughout the evening. The Pride Festival takes place on S. Tryon St., between 3rd St. and the Levine Avenue of the Arts.
- The Charlotte Pride Festival will also include an LGBTQ film festival, Reel Out, that will featuring short and full-length films starring and created by actors from the community. Charlotte Latin Pride is a festival that takes place at the same time, and allows LGBTQ members of the Latin community a place to share their experiences.
- Other diverse events include the gay wine tasting parties, several bear parties and happy hours, a picnic day, the Zutopia circuit party, a Neon night, interfaith services, literary events, a pride summit and several other social mixers.
Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has a fascinating history and a blooming cultural scene. The gay scene is small but vibrant. NODA is known as Charlotte’s gay area just 10 minutes drive from some of the best uptown hotels, however you will find plenty of gay-friendly venues sprinkled all around downtown and beyond, from leather daddy joints to sports bars and go-go boys to trendy cocktail venues. The gay community in Charlotte is an example of one of the most integrated in the US.
- Leather lovers should try the Woodshed Bar, an unpretentious gay leather bar offering daily drink specials, diverse theme nights & a patio. The Scorpio is a longtime local favorite dance and show club. Nickel Bar is home to some of the hottest dancers in the Carolinas and Chasers comes a close second! Meanwhile, party every night of the week at Argon, an energetic gay bar & video lounge for cocktails, line dancing, trivia & karaoke nights.
- Sidelines Sports bar is one of the busiest of all the bars in Charlotte and is famous for its post-game celebrations! Who doesn’t want to celebrate with some hot jocks.
- Finally if you are looking for some great gay friendly dining options, check out Lupie’s Cafe, The Wine Vault and Popular Tapas at the Fourth Ward, offering delicious bites and tapas dishes.
As in all of North Carolina, the bars are membership clubs to comply with NC State ABC law. Members can sponsor guests at the door. Locals are used to this, and often help visitors.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Charlotte
Apartments in Charlotte
All of the air-conditioned units feature a private bathroom, living room, flat-screen TV, fully-equipped kitchen and balcony. Free WiFi is featured throughout the property and private parking is available on site.
All units here are air-conditioned with a flat-screen TV, a living room, a well-equipped kitchen with a dishwasher, coffee machine & dining area, a bathroom with shower, free WiFi & free private parking
1 & 2 Bedrooms
Boasting a swimming pool, a fitness centre, a garden and views of the city, All units are air-conditioned and feature a flat-screen TV, a living room, a well-equipped kitchen & dining area, a bathroom with shower
Conveniently situated in the centre of Charlotte this apartment features 1 bedroom, a kitchen with a dishwasher and a microwave, a washing machine and 1 bathroom, offers a patio, air conditioning. Free WiFi
Video Of Charlotte Pride Festival and Parade
Thousands flood uptown streets for Charlotte
Recommended Hotels in Charlotte
The Ivey’s Hotel
5 Star – Luxury
This luxury boutique hotel is located in Downtown Charlotte and features a continental breakfast in the Library Lounge
Rooms include a 55-inch 4K flat-screen TV, mini bar, and an en suite outfitted entirely white marble. Select rooms include a floating bathtub. Extras include Frette Italian linen and a single-serving Nespresso coffee machine.
4 Star, Style
Set in the heart of Uptown Charlotte, this Kimpton hotel offers crafted cocktails and shareable bar snacks at Merchant & Trade rooftop bar
Rooms and suites boast a flat-screen cable TV, a pillow-top mattress, and a Carrera marble bathroom with Atelier Bloem bath amenities. Kick back with a park view in some Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel suites and 24-hour room service.
4 Star – Great Amenities
Charlotte Marriott City Center is located in the heart of downtown Charlotte. The hotel offers complimentary WiFi in public areas
The air-conditioned rooms of Marriott Charlotte City Center feature modern decor. All rooms feature a flat-screen TV with cable. A coffee maker and small refrigerator are provided. Some rooms offer access to the M Club Lounge.
4 Star – Perfect Location
Ideally placed in the center of Charlotte city centre, this hotel is directly across from the Charlotte Convention Center
The Hilton Charlotte Uptown features spacious guestrooms furnished with the latest technologies, including flat-screen TVs, The hotel is also conveniently connected to the YMCA Health Club, featuring state-of-the-art equipment and facilities.