From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Beary Boricua brings together the Puerto Rican bear community with international bears, cubs and chasers from around the world.
- Are you visiting San Juan? Stay in El Colonial Adults Only, rated “Superb” by guests and located just steps from the best things to see and do in Old San Juan.
- Enjoy a weekend of tropical fun in the Sun and put off hibernating for a little longer as Puerto Rico celebrates Beary Boricua.
- Beary Boricua events centre around the Coqui Del Mar Guest house pool and the Bitch Bar.
- Events kick off on Thursday with a Welcome Party at The Bitch Bar. On Friday, enjoy a tour of the waterfall/river Charco Azul in Patillas, followed by fantastic suckling pig lunch at el Rancho on the Porc Highway.
- Saturday guests can enjoy a barbecue and mixer by the pool at Coqui Del Mar Guest House, followed by a drag dinner at The Bitch Bar.
- The party ends on Sunday with the Bear Beach Party from 1.30 pm, followed by the Bear T Dance.
- For those curious, Boricua means “a Puerto Rican, or person of Puerto Rican descent.”
Gay San Juan
- San Juan has a lively gay scene and a very active bear community. A weekend trip will tease you with an unforgettable taste of the island.
- The city is compact, and you can explore much of San Juan in a few days.
- Take a look at our Insider San Juan guide for more detailed information on where to stay, play and party.
- Plan to stay in one of the most popular neighbourhoods, each with a distinct vibe: Condado, Old San Juan, or Santurce.
- The Condado neighbourhood is the most centrally located and offers the greatest hotel options. It is also within walking distance to the “gay beach” (between Calle Vendig and Condado Avenue) and home to a popular meeting point, Oasis Bar.
- Old San Juan transports you back in time with 500 years of history and colourful Spanish colonial architecture.
- Santurce neighbourhood is the art and nightlife nexus of San Juan, a 15-minute drive to Old San Juan and a 5-minute drive to Condado. Santurce is home to the daytime pool parties and bbq during Beary Boricua.
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
BOHO Beach Club, Vistas De La Bahia, Combate Beach Resort, Mi Tierra.
Where to stay close to all the gay bars
Our top 4 selections with the best rates.
O:Live Boutique Hotel is our editors
choice, great pool and stylish rooms.
For further information and advice on
Beary Boricua visit The Website
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in San Juan that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Located in the exclusive Condado neighbourhood, O:Live Boutique Hotel has a Mediterranean décor and stylish suites. Free Wi-Fi and suites include a luxurious rain shower with hydromassage jets. Part of Small Luxury Hotels of the World, Offering a rooftop terrace with an infinity pool overlooking the Condado Lagoon. Suites feature a flat-screen cable TV and L’Occitane toiletries.
Located in the Condado district in San Juan, AC Hotel by Marriott San Juan Condado features a year-round outdoor pool and spa centre. an on-site restaurant. All rooms are fitted with a flat-screen TV. features free WiFi throughout the property. Onsite hotel amenities include the AC Kitchen, AC Lounge restaurant, fitness center, a unique Rooftop bar and swimming pool
Condado Ocean Club features a restaurant, outdoor swimming pool, a fitness centre and bar. A 24-hour front desk and room service, free WiFi. An ATM, a concierge service. All units at the hotel come with air conditioning, a seating area, a flat-screen TV with cable channels, a safety deposit box and a private bathroom with a shower, bathrobes, a desk and a coffee machine.
Coqui del Mar – LGBTQ Hotel – Adults Only offers studios and fully furnished apartments with free Wi-Fi, a shared, two pools and a hot tub. It is only 400 m from San Juan’s beautiful Caribbean coastline. The studios at this guest house come with bright décor, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower and toilet. The apartments come with a fully equipped, modern kitchen
Discover the best of Gay San Juan