From: Wednesday, July 24, 2024
To: Tuesday, July 30, 2024
Bearly Athens Bear Week Greece 2024
Bearly Athens: a bear week extravaganza brings together bears, otters, admirers, cubs and chasers for seven days and nights of fun in Greece.
- Visiting Athens? Stay close to the city’s popular attractions and a short ride from the gay bars of Gazi at the Moxy Athens City Hotel featuring spacious and stylish rooms, a modern gym and highly-rated breakfasts.
- Who doesn’t love a hunky hairy Greek? Find your Bear Adonis in the Greek Capital this year as Athens hosts bears from around the world for a series of bear parties and events.
- Events include rooftop events, pool parties, cruise parties, an art exhibition, bingo, brunches and sightseeing tours.
- Parties are held at various locations, from downtown hotels to the Athens Riviera and feature the hottest bear GoGos, outrageous drag shows, special live performances and special guests.
- Stay at the Hotel Fresh Athens with a superb rooftop pool, crisp modern rooms and great location.
- Athens has a wide range of venues popular with bears and men who like to party, including the busy Big Bar in Gazi and Flex Sauna’s Bear Days.
- Spectacular views and unforgettable moments await during a private pool party at a luxurious villa situated in the beautiful remote mountains on the outskirts of Athens, moonlight dances on hotel rooftops, a dance party at sea on a vintage Greek boat, and rooftop dancing with the Acropolis as the backdrop.
- Other highlights include the Mr Bearly Athens Competition and the Bearly Beach Time day trip to the Athens Riviera Costa del Sol Beach Club.
- Awaiting venues, line up and party schedule for 2024.
- Enjoy spectacular views and amazing service at the “Superb” rated Acropolis City Life Boutique Hotel.
- The Gazi neighbourhood is home to Athens’ bustling gay nightlife, full of bars, clubs and sexy Greek men.
- Garzi is home to some stunning private penthouse apartments and lofts, available for short term rental.
- Del Sol Café – Right in the heart of the gaybourhood, serving delicious cocktails and tasty brunch. Open from 9 am to 3 am.
- Big Bar – Where the bears come out to play! Fun and friendly atmosphere with drag shows, karaoke and zero attitude.
- Trap Bar – Late night bar, playing fun Greek pop music, open nightly from 9 pm until 6 am, sometimes later on weekends.
- Samis Bar – One of the oldest gay bars in Athens with a mix of people, great cocktails, live DJs and a popular Summer beer garden. Located in Metaxourgeio, a 10-minute cab ride away.
- Ble Papagalos – Cute waiters, great cakes, coffees and brunch in a charming cafe.
- Rooster – Gay cafe and exhibition space in the heart of the historic downtown neighbourhood behind the old Cathedral.
- Klosterion – Art cafe, popular with locals in the Metaxourgeio neighbourhood with a sprawling outdoor Summer terrace.
- Sodade2 – The busiest gay club in Athens, in the gay district of Gazi. Plays a mix of pop and greek hits. Parties go on until 4 am. Don’t arrive until after midnight. Open Thurs to Mon.
- Shamone – Great club for pop music lovers and younger guys. Open on Fridays and Saturdays until 5 am.
- S-Cape Club – Also in Gazi, this large club is busy most evenings and open daily from 11.30 pm. They host fun drag shows on Wednesdays, and the club comes complete with life-size dance cages!
- BEQueer Club – Alternative gay night club with a mix of pop and Greek hits open on Friday and Saturday with a mixed crowd.
- Bizzar Club – Local gay club playing the latest Greek hits. Primarily male clientele and open at weekends. (Located 15 mins from Gazi)
- More – Late night after party in Gazi, open until 6 am with Greek music and late night party boys from 4 am when it gets very cruisy.
Saunas and cruising clubs
- Alexander – Premium gay sauna with a labyrinth, open-air garden and dark room. Also, host theme parties. Open daily from 5 pm until 2 am.
- Flex Sauna – Located in Monastiraki and busy on Sundays and Wednesdays with “Bear Days” parties from 4 pm to 9 pm.
- Attraxx – The main cruising club in the city, right in Gazi, complete with cinema, Glory Holes, Darkrooms and Cabins.
- Kanda – Long-running cruising club with discreet guys, cabins, dark room and video room.
Where to stay in Athens
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action
Gay Map of Athens
Hotels in and around the central Monastraki and Psiri districts are well located for exploring the city and are within easy reach of the gay nightlife in the nearby Gazi district. Gazi (or Gkazi) has become very trendy lately and is home to the gay village. It’s a good place to start out, with gay-friendly cafes and restaurants along with bars and nightclubs all around, and all within walking distance of one another. Places open, close, or change names quite frequently in Athens -but in this neighborhood just follow your gaydar and check the local flyers, and one place will lead to the next.
Recommended Hotels in Athens By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Athens that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
Grecotel Pallas Athena
5 Star, Location
Facilities include a restaurant and a bar. Featuring hand-picked items and individually designed, all air-conditioned rooms and suites of Pallas Athena come with a flat-screen, satellite TV. Each has a minibar and a hairdryer, while free Wi-Fi is included. Uniquely decorated accommodation with arty details
5 Star, Luxury
Combining a retro-style decor with modern touches, every room and suite at Perianth comes with a work desk and a modern bathroom with black marble details. Each unit includes a flat-screen TV, a coffee machine, a safe and a wardrobe. Some units open to a balcony and some offer views over the Acropolis.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Fresh Hotel’s stylish rooms feature furnishings and fittings by designers such as Philip Starck and Artemide. The spacious rooms are soundproofed and equipped with LCD satellite TVs and free Wi-Fi access. Toiletries and slippers. Wellness options include a sauna and a state-of-the-art fitness centre. A rooftop outdoor swimming pool
O&B Athens Boutique
4 Star, Great Value
The O&B Athens Boutique Hotel in the city’s historic centre. Features include complimentary Wi-Fi, and the hip lounge bar-restaurant. All rooms feature the latest in video and sound design, stylish furnishings, Egyptian cotton sheets and large work desks. Marble bathrooms come with custom-design glass-enclosed showers.
Video Bearly Athens
Highlights from the previous bear event