From: Saturday, July 13, 2024
To: Saturday, July 20, 2024
Bear Week Provincetown 2024
Update – 2024 dates confirmed – July 13th – 20th, 2024 – Check hotels now!
Provincetown Bears prepares a special welcome for Bears to one of North America’s most famous gay resort towns. Organisers work with local club managers to program different music to create an atmosphere for a week of parties. The event also allowing time to relax and have a true vacation. The parties leave plenty of free time to enjoy PTown’s restaurants, cabaret shows, National Seashore Park, beaches, and the daily gatherings at hotel pool decks.
- Many of the event take place in the Crown And Anchor complex. Book well in advance if you want to stay during the bear events. The Brass Key Guest House is also highly recommended with a great pool.
Official Bear Events & Parties 2024
- A selection of parties and events takes place including drag queen shows, drag bingo and other performances.
- Note – this year due to the death of the founder of the Bear Week, there will be on dog tags on sale.
- Locker Room, The Fireman’s Ball and the Bear Week Weiner Roast are all confirmed.
- Discover the best places to stay and play with our insiders guide to gay Provincetown.
- July 14th – July 21st, 2024 – Prepare to dance your bear socks off at some of Provincetown’s legendary venues as Bearmania brings 9 of the biggest parties, DJs, dancers and performers for a Summer event to remember.
- Events include Harder, Fagbash and Horse Meat Disco.
Furball Underwear Party
- Awaiting Dates – Joe Fiore brings his Furball Party all the way from New York to Provincetown’s Boatslip resort for a very special Bear Week Edition.
The Bear Sunset Cruise
- Awaiting Dates – Don’t miss the annual Provincetown Bear Week Sunset Cruise, typically takes place on the first Saturday of the bear festivities. It is the perfect way to party, meet new friends and enjoy an amazing sunset.
PTown Bears BBQ & Pool party
- July 14th, 2023 – Meet bears from across the world at the legendary pool at the Provincetown Inn, one of the most iconic parties of the week.
- Monday July 15th and Tuesday July 16th, 2024 – Bearmania present two days of their legendary Pool Intentions Party at The Crown and Anchor from noon until 4 pm.
Otter Pop Pool Party
- July 16th, 2024 – Pop on by and hang out with the sexiest Otters in Provincetown. Meet them in their natural habitat – poolside, at the Crown & Anchor
Parties at the Boatslip Resort
- The most popular parties include:
- July 16th, 2024 The Locker Room Bears Party
- July 17th, 2024 The Fireman’s Ball
Bear Week Weiner Roast and Pool Party
- Friday July 19th, 2024 – The signature event has a new home in 2023 as The Brass Key Guest house plays host to an afternoon of fun by the pool, with celebrity hosts and the infamous Weiner competition.
BRUT at The Crown and Anchor/Paramount Club
- Paramount is the largest waterfront nightclub in Provincetown, offering state of the art technology and an unrivaled international DJ roster. The center of Provincetown nightlife also hosts local and national cabaret and theatre performances.
- Awaiting Dates – BRUT Party – Dan Darlington brings his world-famous BRUT Party to PTown for a special Bear Week edition.
- Tickets are available at the Crown & Anchor.
- Thursday July 18th and Saturday July 20th, 2024 – AHouse hosts its fun and friendly Underwear nights, kicking off at 10 pm. Bears go bare-chested!
- The Atlantic House, also known as the A-House, is Provincetown’s most popular and only year-round dance club.
Under 21, Cubs and Chasers
- All Provincetown bars and clubs are 21+ (strictly enforced), including two of the four hotel pools used for Bear Week.
- Public meeting places such as the active street scene, Town Hall benches, Spiritus Pizza and beaches are available for younger cubs to enjoy. Bars, clubs and restaurants are all smoke-free areas in Massachusetts; provisions are often available for smoking outdoors.
- Traditional highlights of Provincetown in summer include the daily T-Dance and nightly 1 am pizza and cruising at Spiritus.
- Awaiting Dates – Come on out and support some furry talent at the annual Bear Market during Bear Week at The Crown and Anchor, from 10 pm to 4 pm.
Provincetown Boy Beach
- The iconic hiking destination of many a Ptown visitor. Walk directly through the marshes from the bike stop on route 6A (Province Lands Rd), take the breakwater and walk a few miles along the beach northwest, or walk south-southeast from Herring Cove Beach.
- Monday July 10th, 2023 (TBC) – Ptown Bears Beach Day – Frolic in the surf & sun with the bears at Herring Cove Boys Beach
Recommended PTown Hotels
- The hotels, pools and clubs are mostly within a short walk, and Commercial Street becomes one of the primary venues as a place to see and meet friends.
The following Provincetown hotels are close to the bear parties and popular gay venues:
Gay Map of Provincetown
Provincetown itself has two main drags, Commercial Street and Bradford Street. P’town can be divided into three sections, the quiet and peaceful West End, the bustling downtown center, and the East End, which has a number of galleries and guesthouses.
Recommended Hotels in Provincetown By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Provincetown that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
Anchor Inn Beach
4 Star, Luxury
This Provincetown property features rooms equipped with refrigerators and free Wi-Fi. The Pilgrim Monument and Park are within a 10-minute walk of the property. Rooms are uniquely decorated and with large windows and balconies at the Anchor Inn Beach House. The rooms have antique-style furnishings and white bedding.
4 Star, Readers Choice
The Beaconlight Guest House features rooms with an en suite bathroom, a flat-screen TV with DVD player, and a refrigerator. The rooms are furnished with bright colors and inviting décor, and offer plush bathrobes. Guests can relax in the on-site outdoor hot tub or enjoy the summertime flower gardens
Inn at Cook Street
4 Star, Great Value
Located in the heart of Provincetown’s art gallery district, the historic Inn at Cook Street was originally built in 1836. It features unique, individually decorated guest rooms & serves a daily hot breakfast. Each guest room is decorated with original local artwork & offers antique furnishings. A flat-screen TV & en suite bathroom
Hotel at Gabriel’s
4 Star, Location
located in the heart of Provincetown, Massachussets, boasts a large courtyard and gardens as well as free WiFi access. Every room at The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel’s features a a cable TV. Many rooms have a fireplace. They are uniquely decorated in warm colours, plush bedding, and wood furnishings. Select rooms offer a balcony.
Video Of Bear Week Provincetown
Amazing highlights of Bear Week Provincetown