From: Thursday, November 24, 2022
To: Sunday, November 27, 2022
Cologne Bear Pride – And the hot Mr Bear Germany Election.
Cologne Bear Pride is one of the longest running and most attended bear events in Europe.
The event takes place on the last week in November and can make for the perfect pre-Christmas escape as the Cologne Christmas Markets also open that weekend where you can munch on marzipan and gingerbread and knock back warming glasses of gluhwein – German mulled wine.
Cologne is busy during the Christmas period. Book your hotel early. We recommend you stay close to the Old City district, full of charm and close to the city’s gay bars and clubs.
Cologne Bear Pride Program
The Cologne bear pride is wide and varied, ranging from hot nights in the sauna, to shopping trips, bear brunches and a “Bear Unity” powerhouse party on the Saturday night of the weekend. Here are the highlights of the 2021 program:
- Thursday – Events kick off with the official bear sauna party at Phoenix Sauna from 6pm until 10pm and a Warm up party at Gentle Bears Bar. The party concludes with Bearcode at Pullermamns from 9pm and cruising at Deck 5. On Thursday you can also join the Christmas Market tour taking you from Heumarkt (Baustelle4U) to the Christmas Market at Stadtgarten (Venloer Str. 40), and later back to the starting point.
- Friday – Highlights include the official welcome Bear Unity bart at Gentle Bears Bar and the Bear Dinner followed by cruising at Pullermanns and Deck 5.
- Saturday – 11am kick starts Saturday with Absolut naked at Phoenix. Enjoy a bear brunch at noon at Cafe Riphahn. Other highlights include the Bear Unity party at Bogen 2.
- Sunday – 4am sees the official after party at the Phoenix Sauna followed later that day at the Bear Cologne Chillout at Badehaus Babylon. The party ends with the official farewell at 3am at Gentle Bears bar followed by bear snacks at My Lord.
Mr Bear Germany
- Returns in 2022 Bear Pride Cologne event is also the home to the annual Mr Bear Germany contest, which will feature men from all over the country competing at the city’s Gloria Theater on the Friday of the event.
Popular Bear Venues in Cologne
- Gentle Bears Bar Cologne – Compact, bustling gay bar featuring cocktails & throwback music amid teddy bears on the walls. Host of the famous Bears and Beard Party.
- Phoenix Sauna – Right in the heart of Cologne on Richard Wagner Str. 12, easily accessible from the Rudolfplatz U-Bahn. With hot-jacuzzi, an entire new bar and vast cruising-areas. Young local crowd.
- Deck 5 – Late-night gay cruise bar with dark room in the back. Deck 5 attracts men in their 40’s and 50’s. Located on Mathiasstraße 5.
- Pullermanns – Pullermanns is a gay venue in Cologne that is popular for Cruising. Located pretty close to the centre of the city, close to the busy gay bars on Mathiasstraße.
- My Lord Cologne – Gay bar and cafe popular with older guys and admirers.
- Bogen 2 – Hosts the big Saturday night party, in a beautifully listed, Neo Renaissance building. Bogen 2 is located in a former German post office in the popular Agnesviertel neighbourhood of Cologne.
- Badehaus Babylon Sauna – A cologne institution running for over 30 years with a large outdoor pool (May to Sept), finnish sauna, steam room, bar and lounge, jacuzzi, cruising area, and courtyard.
Where to stay during Bear Pride Cologne
We have located Hotels that keep you in the heart of all the action and close to the bear events:
Gay Map of Cologne
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This hotel is situated in Cologne city centre, 200 m from the Heumarkt Square. It offers spacious rooms and a restaurant. Some rooms include access to a health club with large indoor swimming pool. Spacious rooms with soundproofed windows and modern décor. All rooms include free tea/coffee facilities and a stylish marble bathroom.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Featuring a bar, 25hours Hotel The Circle is located in Cologne the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Maritim Hotel Köln
4 Star, Location
Centrally located in Cologne, this hotel provides excellent panoramic views of the River Rhine. The Maritim Köln offers elegant accommodation and a spa with a gym and indoor pool. The air-conditioned rooms and suites are furnished in warm colours. All rooms include satellite TV, a desk and a modern bathroom. WiFi is provided free
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel lies in the heart of Cologne, offering a large indoor swimming pool and modern gym, and the sauna can be used for a surcharge. The bright and spacious rooms at Hotel Lyskirchen feature elegant interiors. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a desk and a coffee machine as well as a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Free WiFi is available.
Video of Mr Bear Germany & Cologne Bear Pride
Cologne Bear Pride
Recommended Hotels in Cologne By Expedia
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Expedia
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
4 Star, Good Location
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. WiFi in public areas is free. All 63 soundproofed rooms feature free WiFi and minibars. For a bit of entertainment, flat-screen TVs come with satellite channels
4 Star, Great Value
2 restaurants, a coffee shop/café, and a 24-hour business center are available at this smoke-free hotel. Free WiFi in public areas and a free manager’s reception are also provided. Additionally, valet parking, 24-hour room service, and concierge services are onsite.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Along with a restaurant, this hotel has a bar/lounge and conference space. WiFi in public areas is free. Additionally, concierge services, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities are onsite. All 78 rooms offer free WiFi, minibars, and flat-screen TVs with satellite channels.
3 Star, Modern Classic
This smoke-free hotel features a restaurant, dry cleaning, and laundry facilities. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a 24-hour front desk, free newspapers, and multilingual staff. All 25 rooms offer free WiFi, minibar