From: Saturday, December 9, 2023
To: Saturday, December 9, 2023
Backstage Diaries Cologne 2023
Backstage Diaries is a colourful pop-up gay party in Cologne, running since 2007.
- Visiting Cologne? Stay close to the gay bars of the old town in the “Superb” rated Legend Hotel, featuring stylish designer rooms and an excellent location.
- Next Edition – December 9th
- Backstage Diaries is one of Cologne’s most famous gay events for “Queer | Straight | Not Sure | Rock’n’Roll”.
- The pop-up event runs on several Saturdays throughout the year and during holiday celebrations.
- Enjoy two different dance floors playing pop and Techno. The party attracts a mix of hot guys who love to dance and party.
- Featuring special live guest performances and stage shows with sexy hosts and fabulous drag queens.
- The party runs for 10 hours, from 11 pm until 9 am.
- Upgrade your Cologne experience at the Excelsior Hotel, located right next to the Cathedral, offering high-end amenities, designer rooms and superb breakfast options.
- Artheater, Cologne – An offbeat, versatile arts venue with a theatre, a lively dance club & a concert venue for indie acts.
- Located in Ehrenfeld, Cologne’s coolest enclave, just a 13-minute drive from the gay bars of Cologne Old Town.
- Ehrenfeld, a trendy district in Cologne, effortlessly blends bohemian vibes with urban flair.
- It’s a magnet for creatives, offering colourful street art, eclectic cafes, and a dash of retro charm.
- Stay in Ehrenfeld at the Stayery Cologne, offering serviced apartments with a “Fabulous” rating.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne
Here are the hotels we recommend that have good reviews and keep you close to all the action,
Gay Map of Cologne
There two gay areas in Cologne: Rudolfplatz, known locally as the “Bermuda Triangle” is more modern in style with Many of the cafes, bars and clubs around have started during the last twenty years. The Old Town is home to more Traditional pubs and bars for mixed ages.
Recommended Hotels in Cologne By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Cologne that keep you close to all the shops,restaurants & bars
5 Star, Luxury
This hotel is situated in Cologne city centre, 200 m from the Heumarkt Square. It offers spacious rooms and a restaurant. Some rooms include access to a health club with large indoor swimming pool. Spacious rooms with soundproofed windows and modern décor. All rooms include free tea/coffee facilities and a stylish marble bathroom.
4 Star, Readers Choice
Featuring a bar, 25hours Hotel The Circle is located in Cologne the facilities of this property are a restaurant, a 24-hour front desk and a concierge service, along with free WiFi throughout the property. The hotel will provide guests with air-conditioned rooms with a desk, a safety deposit box, a flat-screen TV and a private bathroom with a shower.
Maritim Hotel Köln
4 Star, Location
Centrally located in Cologne, this hotel provides excellent panoramic views of the River Rhine. The Maritim Köln offers elegant accommodation and a spa with a gym and indoor pool. The air-conditioned rooms and suites are furnished in warm colours. All rooms include satellite TV, a desk and a modern bathroom. WiFi is provided free
4 Star, Great Value
This hotel lies in the heart of Cologne, offering a large indoor swimming pool and modern gym, and the sauna can be used for a surcharge. The bright and spacious rooms at Hotel Lyskirchen feature elegant interiors. All rooms come with a flat-screen TV, a desk and a coffee machine as well as a complimentary bottle of mineral water. Free WiFi is available.
Video Cologne Top Things to See and Do
Explore the best things to see and do in Cologne
Top Gay Neighbourhoods in Cologne
Cologne, affectionately referred to as the “Gay Capital of Germany”, boasts vibrant gay neighbourhoods brimming with history, culture, and LGBTQ+ pride. The city’s heart beats loudly in the districts of Rudolfplatz and the Old Town’s famous Bermuda Triangle.
Altstadt-Nord | Cologne Old Town
- Cologne’s gay scene is around Heumarkt-Mathiasstrasse in the Old Town (Altstadt). It is the city’s original gayborhood.
- The gaybourhood is home to low-key gay bars, a leather vibe and famous cruise clubs.
- One of the pioneering districts for LGBTQ+ rights in Germany, it hosts several post-parade parties during Cologne Pride.
- Discover the best things to see and do in the old town.
Nicknamed “The Bermuda Triangle”, located west of town and home to Babylon & Phoenix saunas.
Known for its hip atmosphere offering a blend of chic boutiques, trendy restaurants, & lively bars.