From: Awaiting dates
To: Awaiting dates
Charlotte Christmas Village, North Carolina 2024
The Charlotte Christmas village has become a much-beloved tradition in the Queen City and takes place from late November each year in the heart of Uptown Charlotte.
- Visiting Charlotte this season? Stay at the Dunhill Hotel, close to the market, a beautiful 4 star hotel in a historic building with high end amenities, and a boutique feel.
- Awaiting dates – Visitors begin their Charlotte Christmas experience with a walk through Trust Field. From Christmas Tree Lane to the Snowtastic Winter Wonderland, you will be treated to tens of thousands of lights, trees, and displays as you stroll through the ballpark until you arrive at the Christmas Village.
- Charlotte’s Christkindlmarkt features kiosks serving Austrian strudels, bratwurst buried under mounds of sauerkraut, and souvenir mugs filled with spicy glühwein. Visitors can also shop for gifts, including local honey and Polish pottery, while enjoying live performances and polka music.
- Light the Knights, with Snow Tubing and Ice Skating continues until January 6th
- The Charlotte Christmas Market is at the corner of 7th and North Tryon streets, a 15-minute drive from the gay bars in South End.
- Gay life in Charlotte is spread across the city and while there is no de-facto gaybourhood, you will find many gay bars and businesses in the NoDa, Plaza Midwood and South End districts.
- Stay at the Omni Charlotte, rated “Fabulous” by guests and located in one of the best parts of the city, perfect for exploring all the tourist attractions and a short ride to city’s different gay neighbourhoods.
Christmas Town USA
- Awaiting dates – McAdenville, a tiny 600-person town located less than 30 minutes west of Charlotte, transforms into Christmas Town, USA. Residents set up more than 500,000 lights creating a citywide display that attracts national attention — it’s been going on for 64 years.
The Fourth Ward’s most beautifully decorated homes.
- Take a self-guided walking tour through the most beautifully decorated private homes in Charlotte’s quaintest neighbourhood. You’ll find carolers, bell ensembles, and horse-drawn carriage rides, along with tasting stations and free samples at select stops.
Go ice-skating and walk along a light trail at the Whitewater Center.
- The ice skating rink at Whitewater includes 17,000 square feet of ice and an on-ice Airstream trailer serving craft beer, hot chocolate, and coffee.
Carowinds Christmas Experience
- Select Nights, November 20, 2023 to January 1, 2024 – Head to Charlotte’s Winterfest at Carowinds. The adventure park has a 70-foot tree, 5 million twinkly lights, live shows, performers, and seasonal shows — plus the usual rides.
- Nicknamed the Queen City, Charlotte has a fascinating history and a blooming cultural scene. The gay scene is small but vibrant, located in North Davidson.
- NoDa, as it is known locally, is Charlotte’s gay neighbourhood, just 10 minutes drive from some of the best uptown hotels.
- Leather lovers should try the Woodshed Bar, an unpretentious gay leather bar offering daily drink specials, diverse theme nights & a patio. The Scorpio is a longtime local favorite dance and show club. Nickel Bar is home to some of the hottest dancers in the Carolinas and Chasers comes a close second! Meanwhile, party every night of the week at Argon, an energetic gay bar & video lounge for cocktails, line dancing, trivia & karaoke nights.
- Sidelines Sports bar is one of the busiest of all the bars in Charlotte and is famous for its post-game celebrations! Who doesn’t want to celebrate with some hot jocks.
- Finally if you are looking for some great gay friendly dining options, check out Lupie’s Cafe, The Wine Vault and Popular Tapas at the Fourth Ward, offering delicious bites and tapas dishes.
Where to stay in Charlotte?
The following Charlotte hotels are close to the city’s top gay bars and Christmas celebrations:
Gay Map of Charlotte
Recommended Hotels in Charlotte By Booking
Book with confidence. Get the best Prices from our partner Booking.com
We have chosen hotels in Boston that keep you close to all the shops, restaurants & bars
The Ivey’s Hotel
5 Star – Luxury
- 5 Star – Exquisite Floating Bathtub
- Close to the gay district
- White marble en suite
- Choose for luxurious downtown experience, continental breakfast, & unique floating bathtub.
4 Star, Style
- 4 Star – Rooftop Bar Views
- A short walk to the gay bars
- Marble bathroom
- Stay for uptown style, rooftop cocktails, & park view suites with 24-hour service.
4 Star – Great Amenities
- 4 Star – Modern Decor, Club Lounge
- A short taxi ride to the gay bars
- Modern decor, flat-screen TV
- Ideal for downtown access, complimentary WiFi, & rooms with modern amenities.
4 Star – Perfect Location
- 4 Star – Convention Center Access
- Close to the gay district
- State-of-the-art guestrooms
- Perfect for central location, direct convention center access, & connection to YMCA Health Club.
Video Of Christmas Town
Definitely worth 30 minute trip from Charlotte.